Shannon Price: I Was Gary's Common-Law Wife

6/10/2010 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gary Coleman's ex-wife, Shannon Price, just filed legal docs claiming she wants to be appointed special administrator of Gary's estate ... on grounds she was Gary's common-law wife -- and she's submitted a handwritten document purportedly from Gary making her the sole beneficiary.

Shannon Price

Shannon has submitted a copy of what she claims is a handwritten addendum written by Gary Coleman in 2007, which says Shannon is the "sole heir of any and all monies, properties, bank accounts, earnings, model trains, vehicles, cars, toys, games, electronics, homes, other inheritances if any, all things physical and/or intellectual."

And this is interesting ...in the handwritten document, it says, "This I have done because of my personal selfishness and weakness and I Love her with all my heart."

The handwritten addendum modifies a will written in 2006, which states, "I revoke all previous wills.  I specifically disinherit my biological parents and siblings."  But here's the catch.  The 2006 will was never signed by Gary.

In the docs, Shannon says the most pressing matter right now is the "disposition of the body."

Shannon's lawyer claims in the docs, "Shannon and the decedent continued to have a romantic relationship and engage in romantic and sexual relations."

As for why Price claims she was Gary's common-law wife, her lawyer says they had joint bank accounts, incurred debt jointly, filed joint tax returns, celebrated holidays and other important days together and "they fought on occasion."

We checked and Utah is one of the few states that does recognize common-law marriage -- however, the law requires that the couple "request to have a common-law marriage recognized" during the relationship or within one year after the end of the relationship.

Shanon's lawyer also filed a letter from a pension department which says she is listed as the "primary beneficiary to receive the benefit."

Hope Wilkinson

I wouldn't believe this if it is last piece of crap in life! It is not notarized - it was not filed - LEGALLY - and therefore it is about as legal as if my cat wrote it. I don't know what it will take to get the POLICE interested in this domestic mess! She is proven to be a liar - a piece of trailer trash and a low life grabbing for anything she can get. I would say, among other things - she is now guilty of: fraud, theft, trespassing, not aiding a dying man, gold digging and being a horrible person.

ayatollah

she put him out of his misery. maybe she will do the same to some of you

Gene

Shannon is not stupid folks, Under Utah law:
* have cohabited;
* mutually assume marital rights, duties, and obligations; and
* who hold themselves out as and have acquired a uniform and general reputation as husband and wife.
The petition for recognition of common law marriage must be made during the relationship or within a year after the end of the relationship, including if one party dies.

Fred Farkel

I am going to stand up and scream this until the day I die.

BOYS???

MEN???

This THING is exactly what YOUR WIFE OR YOUR GIRLFRIEND is doing with YOUR LIFE right now.

Oh yeah, your wife or your girlfriend may actually have a 3 digit IQ and hide it much better than this particular RE-tard - but let me assure you THIS IS THE WAY YOUR LIFE WILL END UP IF YOU LET THESE B!TCHES INTO YOUR LIFE.

Have fun, take em home, screw them silly, but ALWAYS get rid of them within 24 hours.

IT IS NOT WORTH IT.

IT
IS
NOT
WORTH
IT

Pierrette

I have some questions;

How much did she get in the divorse settlement? How long did they live together? and in Utah how long do you have to live together to be considered common law?

So they married, divorsed, got back together at some point, stayed together long enough to be considered common law, he has accident, she very reluctantly helps him..., takes pictures with essentially the dead body even though a few hours before (while he was alive)she considered him too icky to go near and couldn't handle (the drama)allegedly, @ the hospital she is the one that orders the plug pulled,goes on t.v (the next day!) and basically says "help I need money cause I can't bury the guy" and trys to justify her decision, the official last will and testiment comes out, assets start disappearing from the house, she's ordered by the executor to return said assets, now a hand written unsigned Will suddenly pops up... and she starts making claims to all of his things, hmmmm And she's wondering why people are saying the things they are saying? I doubt the police thought anything at the time of the alleged accident but if they're paying attention now bet there's a few wondering....

I doubt an unsigned do***ent will be considered legally binding and will replace the will that has already been agreed upon. Especially an unsigned handwritten one that nobody( other then the common law wife) knew about previously. When people change their wills they typically tell a very close friend or family member other then the spouse. It should be interesting to see how this plays out.

Guess who 42

This trick is one sick puppy! If he actually wrote that it was probably on threat of violence or some other coercion. Wonder how well she learned to forge his handwriting over the years? Wish she would just go away preferably by choking on a bone.

Linda

Maybe they got divorced for finicial reasons.Who knows. I did that once and remarried 4 years later. Sometimes you do what you have to do to survive. They still lived together had JOINT BANK ACCOUNTS paying bills and everything else you do when your married.She propbaly was his commonm law wife. She was with him at the time of death and had been living with him the whole time.She is also the benef. on his pension which she will get know matter what. They filed JOINT TAX RETURNS, now normal divorced people dont do that. I think she should get aleast half of everthing for putting up with his ass for so many years.Who really cares what she gets. it doesnt affect anybody elses life. JUST THINK IF SHE DOESNT GET IT THEN HIS COLD BLOODED PARENTS WILL.dont you think they took enough from Gary. He hated his parents and Im sure he would want everything to go to her because she was really the only person he hung out with. Shannon you have my back. I hope God Blesses you with EVERYTHING.

mysteria333

is it not strange how gary fell on the kitchen floor and there was so much blood? i mean he only stands 3 feet from the floor. it would have been a better lie if she said he fell down a long set of stairs. is it not strange that gary has no falls all his career and after marrying shannon suddenly he has all these accidents? is it not strange that he has'nt even been buried yet and already she has filed for his pension? and all so filed a claim on his entire estate. is it not strange that she did not even bother to go to the hospital with him? Gary divorced her for a reason. he realized her reason for marrying him, GREED! she should be arrested and charged with murder! and selling his death bed photos, how low can you get! i haveny seen her shed one tear, NOT ONE! but she certainly is making a lot of tv appearances. she is suppose to be grieving. WHY HAS'NT SHE BEEN ARRESTED??? WHAT TYPE OF WORLD DO WE LIVE IN, WHERE IS GARYS JUSTICE? WHY HAS'NT THERE BEEN A THOROUGH INVESTIGATION BY THE POLICE? OR IS THIS ANOTHER...TUPAC , BIGGY INCIDENT, just another dead n----r. we want justice!!!

Nikki

YOUR A COMMON LAW MURDER.

Tard

I thought I was retarded. She is just a crazy waste. Is this a bad attempt to try and become famous. Is this the super duper retarded version of "how to become famous 101". Sad how he had no money compared to 2million dollar charlie who cannot do 15 days without a cigarette.

w

number 14, Cat

That last sentence stung like a bee, awesome way of putting it.

RL

She got the COMMON part right.

koolkatt

What chu talkin' bout Shannon? Don't be surprised if this dingbat chick admits that there's a sex tape of her and Gary gettin' busy and she's willing to sell it to the highest bidder. I pray I never see that tape.

Maria

At the end Gary will have the last laugh, he knew that she wants his money like most of the people that he socialized with. All those paper are lacking requirements....

Shannon:
You will be welcome with open arms in hell!!!! BITCH

koolkatt