Gary Coleman -- Little Pet Shop of Horrors

6/12/2010 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gary Coleman was clear -- he didn't like animals -- so imagine his dismay when he was forced to work at a pet store and put up with all that crap.

0611_gary_coleman_video_launch_2

Gary took the job as part of a reality show pilot that was shot in 2008 and never aired.  A life coach made him take the job to improve his people skills and save his marriage to then wife Shannon Price.

It didn't work so well.

mytwocents

Gary realizes this job is a step down for him. After all when you are on a hit show making money most never see in their lifetime it must of been a tremendous blow to his ego to have to work in a pet store.

Guess who 42

Has anyone thought that this was for a show? There were some telling moments there. Saying to the puppy "don't lick, don't lick". Seems to me that he was more worried about caring than hating. Some people use an outwardly gruff attitude to hide vulnerabilities, I have met plenty and this is the impression I get
As far as him complaining about all you get in return is love? Could it be mistrust of the concept of love itself based on betrayal in his life by those who were supposed to love him?

Proud2bBlack

LOL @ Gary!!! I totally concur. Animals are just that animals they require too much money & time. Doesn't make him a bad person for not liking animals, at least he attempted to show he was willing to work around them. Heck it's not like they knew he was talking about them. LOL I love this clip. I don't hate animals but I don't like them either. THey are not typical in the households of blacks. Most blacks barely could feed themselves, yet alone bringing an animal in to feed it too. I understand Gary, and most others seem to also.

RIP

Proud2bBlack

RIP

Bren

hehe, I got a chuckle out of it. I have no judgements about him. I have only seen what he was like on camera and not behind the scenes. He was hurt by a lot of people he trusted. I can't imagine that not making anyone a little bitter.

Gsharon 710

Listen you studpid ass idiots. Gary has had two kidney transplants, had a hard job as actor, married a witch, HAD HEART SURGERY, worked any kind of job to support this witch. He has had to put up with the jokes about his height, which he had no control over, he soon learned he did not have enough money to let himself retire, his witch of a wife was abusive, as was Gary. Now at what point would YOU STOP BITCHING?

You idiots in Shannon's camp are dumb, dumb, dumb. You always want to put Gary down, but you never say a damn word about how the money whore let Gary suffer on his own. The only thing she did for him was to yell and tell him to put pressure on his head, and sit down. But in the meantime her dog was cared for. Oh, she may have bashed the back of his head. But of course, the life of a little black man is not worth complimenting is it. There are hundreds of healthy people around who refuse to work, Shannon is a good example.

I have said it many times. That ass did not care about Gary himself. "He just got home, and I had him go make me some food."
What the hell is that. She sits on her ass all day trying to figure out how to get the little money Gary has since he did not remarry her. Bitch.

Now if you really want to go to war over Gary's attitude bring it. It is just an attempt to take the news off the sorry ass who lived with Gary and was supported by Gary. Even the one he loved used him so if you want to talk bitter, come on, but first lets talk possible murder.

If you want, write me and we can go that way, but in the meantime, we would love for Gary to rest, but if it is at the expense of letting a neglectful person roam free, forget it.

Do you see there are only a handful of ignorant****(*^()) like you who want to spend the whole time finding fault with Gary?

No, whenever Gary's name is mentioned I will be right here reminding people of that request to have her food fixed, the awful way she let him lay bleeding, not even a comforting word, and worse of all, putting a dying man's picture out there when SHE knew damn well he has had problems with the public. You bitch, don't even try to win this round. You lazy stupid ass, sold pictures of a man who who should in death have had dignity.

You want more....BRING IT!

Ideas Come Free

Gary, even when he wasn't trying to be, was very funny. He had some good points about people having animals as pets. Why force someone who doesn't believe in something to make them work in a place that is the complete opposite? How would it be if those of you who hate alcohol and everything it represents to be forced to work as a bartender?

Rusty

TMZ Pleasssssssssssee! I'm begging you! Enough of Coleman already. Sad story true, BUT HE"S DEAD!

Just me

1- If you notice, the part where he was asking the puppy not to lick him,he was also rubbing the dogs back,lol. So, it wasn't a REAL "GET OFF ME" moment, it was "GET OFF,awww aren't you cute,me"

2- Gary was right, but I understand the manager's point. However, maybe if MORE people were told the ACTUAL issues pet ownership involved, there would be fewer pets ABUSED, RETURNED and NEGLECTED. It's not all rainbows and gumdrops. If after hearing all the requirements the people STILL want to buy the pet, it's a BETTER/SAFER purchase for the pet.

3- This was for a reality show. The more unpleasant he appears, the better the "show".

Just me

BTW, he was MORE of a trooper than I would be and I LOVE animals. NO way in hell would I do all the stuff he did AND handle the snake. You can call him bitter all you want, but he was a really good sport on this, especially since he doesn't like them. He was even gentle with the animals.

Deb

Too bad Gary did not give animals a chance. He might have found some of the love he craved if he had opened his heart to animal. Animals are loyal and show unconditional love.

what He said

Gary continued to portray his character throughout his life. He was a precocious child and had a flair for the dramatic but he should have re-invented himself and not have been so dramatic. Nobody cares to listen to a little guy go on and on about this and that. That is just the way it is.

The personality that made him famous and irresistable gets old once you realize it isn't a talent.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout Willis!!!

Gary Colemans Butt

The thing that was so funny about this guy is that he was so easy to laugh at. He was serious alot of the time and still came off funny. Even his death was funny. He died by having a block fall on his head. The guy was a walking comedy skit.

WHATEVER

TOO BAD THAT ANIMAL IN THE PHOTO WAS BEING SO MISTREATED-ITS NOT A GREAT PHOTO, A TERRORIZED ANIMAL WITH AN IDIOT WHO CAN'T FIGURE OUT A DECENT WAY TO HOLD IT

Anonymous

There are some people in this world who just do not express themselves in a positive way. So, GC and his wife are two examples of people who express themselves in a negative manner. GC was bitter, honest and funny. Any video he did like this brought in money and we all have bills people that includes this video and the divorce court episode. These jobs and attitudes were his choice. GC was smart enough that he would have made a good lawyer or business man had he been given the opportunity to go to school. He would have made a good judge because of his ability to size people and situations up quickly. Thank his parents and others for removing those choices by taking his money from him. Let the poor man rest in peace.