Rapper Busted for Destruction & Drugs

6/11/2010 8:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0611_kid_cudi_TMZ_EX2TMZ has learned Kid Cudi was arrested in NYC today for felony criminal mischief and possession of a controlled substance.

Sources say Kid took a 24-year-old woman's phone and slammed it to smithereens.  He also allegedly broke the door of her apartment off its hinges.

Cops arrived and found a glass bottle of a controlled substance.

Hmmmm

Any woman who says "No" after you share a few lines with her deserves to have her cell phone and door destroyed, right? It's not like he punched her in the face like he did to the guy at the concert in Vancouver. I see Anger Management classes in this man's future.

Big Mamma Cornbread

who is he ...anyway..sue him and take his money if he has any..doesn't quite look as though he does..by the way rap is whack...

gant77

Look's like he Hulked out on some coke! FUN!!!!

Casey

Isn't he supposed to be at Bonnaroo tomorrow? Way to screw yourself over, dumbass.

dan the man

Kid Cudi? Never heard of him. Not a fan of gangster rhyming to a beat .,

Maffusse

Hey DECAPITATAH
So If I love anyone I can call them a ******?
BTW you're saying rap doesn't promote violence? Word of advice genius... It's a little difficult to take someone serious with a nickname that insinuates they cut off peoples heads.
Sheesh you're an idiot.

DECAPITATAH

@Maffusse

I love how you Completely missed my point. As i said when we use the word its out of love. We don't mean anything harmful. And i am a Beat Maker, Decapitatah is a metaphor for my how good my beats are. Kinda of a long explanation.
Sheesh You're an Idiot

DECAPITATAH

And you use the word "promote" like they are saying to the audience, go pick up the gun and shoot people which is never the case because its just music. and tell me if this song talks about violence. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHt_SgCwGVU

Idiot

DECAPITATAH

eff it, I'm gonna explain my name. In Hip Hop, people nod their heads when they hear a good beat. That is called, at time, "Breaking Your Neck". It is called that when a really really good beat comes on. In my case however, with the my beats, i don't break your neck, i cut it off. That is NOT promotion of violence its a metaphor which is what 80% of Hip Hop is, METAPHORS. Rappers use METAPHORS more than any other artist from any other genre plain and simple. So if you call that "Promoting Violence" You're an Idiot. That's just it.
Oh and that dude in the video i posted, is often considered the Greatest MC of all time.

la-loca-lilo

@Melzor
How do you know the woman in the article isn't Amanda Bynes?

ryan

I think he was just on a pursuit of happiness. =)

Thias

First of all, like DECAPITATAH said he's not rapping about stuff like that. He's a smart guy, watch his interviews and LISTEN to his songs, he's not just another guy who used to be a criminal and brags about it. So please for your own good, if you don't know anything about someone or something, ASK or shut the **** up.

Off course smashing a woman's phone and breaking into her apartment is wrong, but about the weed (which I know it is, haha), at least in my opinion he shouldn't be charged with anything. People need to sit down and read a bit and realize that marihuana isn't such a big deal as they say. Off course, if you smoke every day, you will most likely get screwed mentaly someday, but what about alcohol then? Is that any better? No, it's worse.

I'm not smoking weed myself (which is kind of obvious since I'm 16), but that a guy like him might get punished for this annoys me.

Trish

@58 Hey Joe, go blow. I'm racist against garbage like you. So go put on your headphones and listen to your gang banging music.

MARKY BRAVO

A substance in a little glass bottle? sounds like crack rock to me...
I didnt know Kid Kudi got down like that, really sad...

:D

poeple have done worstt.
& wth.. he doesnnt even rap about hate violence & gangs.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments