Michael Douglas -- Anti-Gekko

6/11/2010 4:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Douglas has a new best friend  -- the random dude who hit him up for cash and a movie deal outside Mastro's Steakhouse.

Michael Douglas

Michael hooked the guy up in a big way.

Gordon Gekko would not be proud.

RC

He helped someone out that needed it. How can that be wrong...

Myfakeid

That will teach him to go out without a body guard.

Steinberg

Honestly, Michael Douglas is too nice. I would've told that worthless bum to get his crusty hands off me or else I would call the cops and or slap him silly.

scott

Don't see celebrities act this way too often. Good for him. I wouldn't have let him put his arm around me, no freakin way.

Wishes

I can't believe that Michael Douglas gave that gorilla crackhead money!! I bet MD had to disinfect his clothes after that loser kept touching his clothes and hands! Ewww! Why can't these "brothers" quit begging from white people???? Get clean and get a job!! Worthless!!

Throwback kid

Gee, I didn't know Dennis Rodman was that short?

Kortni

Ohh lets hold a pity party for ol Kortni,,wah wah wah

if I had a kid like you I would hope to be killed by a drunk driver yuk yuk yuk god does work in mysterious ways,,

Posted at 9:42 AM on Jun 11, 2010 by jungle ball sweat

I don't need pity from complete strangers, I have actual friends and family, and don't have to stoop to your levels of trying to "insult" people to make myself feel better. But I'm going to kill you with kindness, how have you been? I hope you're alright, and wish you a good weekend.

go home!

I really hope Michael Douglas thoroughly irrigated and washed after that homeless man put his arm around him and came so close to his face.. He could have had hepatitis or all kinds of disease.

Myfakeid

He shouldn't let anyone get that close to him, that's just dangerous.

HE SHOULD OF HAD A SECURITY GUARD!!!! PEOPLE ARE CRAZY THESE DAYS!

Raven

I fit into my bikini!

Michael Douglas didn't have to do anything but he did..I think that says alot. Who knows what the guy will use the money for..drugs, food, whatever..at least MD can sleep with a good conscience..most would've walked away and not given him the time of day.

I fit into my bikini!

and no, I don't think it was for a photo op. MD is as famous as he will ever be, has plenty of millions in the bank and doesn't need any more attention. He can retire and 20 yrs. from now ppl. will still know who he is. He was just doing what any decent person would do.

Christy

People like the ones calling the man a worthless bum is why we have such a problem with homelessness, no one wants to help because they think they did this to themselves, take a sociology class it might widen your perspective a bit..not everyone is afforded the same opportunities as white middle class children, so stop with the holier than thou attitude its annoying

Susie-Q

No one really knows the cir***stances of this black man. Many people with mental disorders are on the streets. The psychiatric hospitals just let them out. This country is horrible when it comes to treating them they don't stay on there meds and they become homeless. It is not always there fault. Some of you ought to pay attention to the saying "therefor but the Grace of God go I." You never know what someone elses cir***stances are like.

Wishes

Raven,

I don't think you understand what a "photo-op" is. This CLEARLY was not a photo op. Become more learned, and don't use words you don't understand. The guy is a sleazy crack-head. Why would MD want to do a photo op with him? A photo op is Obama "posing" on the beach in the Gulf Coast, then flying back to party at the White House. THAT's a photo op. Get an education, dummy!

28. um, clearly a photo-op so those of you crying about the guy touchin him & the lack of security really need to get a clue..... as well as so what if it wasn't anything more than one well off guy being kind to one who's not? It's a good day for this homeless guy,who for all anyone knows could just be an actor himself.

Posted at 10:53 AM on Jun 11, 2010 by Raven