Joe Jackson Blames Katherine for Michael's Death

6/13/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's pretty shocking ... Joe Jackson is blaming the inaction of his wife, Katherine, for Michael Jackson's demise ... allegedly because Katherine didn't want to penetrate MJ's zone of privacy.

061110_joe_jackson_video_2
Joe sat down with News of the World to explain his theory, that he was concerned that Michael was "looking kinda funny and and frail" and asked Katherine to see Michael to "keep him cheered up."  But Joe says Katherine refused because she didn't want to invade his privacy.

Joe says he and Katherine argued about it before Michael's death, but Katherine was firm.

Joe says after Michael died, he said to Katherine, "I said this would have never happened if you had went and been with him."

Joe -- who was intentionally cut out of Michael's will -- is fighting to get an allowance from the estate.  And get this -- we're told Katherine has been giving Joe money and going along with his efforts to earn a living off MJ.

Grammar Cop

Which one of the children on Harvey's staff wrote this? Next time get an adult to proofread your copy before posting it.

Farley

Sorry for YOUR English @ #32. Look at mine! And there's nothing wrong with my English! I just can't spell today!!

Farley

@34

I'm obviously no one to talk but..yeah. I agree.

Tara

Joe is fugly inside and out!

Yvonne

I cant`t believe it! And I don't want to see him anymore!! This ist so rediculous!

SuperGirl

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT MAN DESERVES TO GET EVERYTHING THAT'S COMING TO HIM!!!!!!!! HE DESERVES NO MERCY!!!
HE DID THIS TO MICHAEL NOT KATHRINE!!!!!!!!!!!! IF IT WASN'T FOR HIM PRESSURING MICHALE TO DO THE STUPID PEPSI COMMERCIAL HE WOULDN'T OF HAD THAT TERRIBLE ACCIDENT THAT BURNT HIS HEAD AND GOT HIM ADDICTED TO PAIN MEDICATION IN THE 1ST PLACE!!!!!! MICHALE STILL WOULD BE HERE IF HE HAD A REAL FATHER NOT A PSYCHO STAR OBSESSED MONEY DRIVEN MANIAC!!!!!!!

I HOPE MICHALE HAS FOUND SOME SORT OF PEACE

j05baker

Why won't he die already?

kim

Ok everyone. i just wonder how old this story really is. He made these accusations right after Michael died and they are just now getting this story and video out? I really think its the media trying to divide this family. The emotions were running very high after Michael died with everyone blaming everyone else. I mean they stood by Michael everyday at that 2005 trial. Everyday. And they will stand for him at Murray's trial. I do not like Joe but lets be real here. He does say some stupid stuff at times but I am sure this story and video are not very recent. This is just great timing on the media's part for right when Murray goes for his hearing tomorrow.

What is everyone else's take on this being old and rehashed?

rip mj

MJ Fan 4 life

Dear Joe,
I don't know you personally, but I think you are a worthless, money-hungry, opporotunistic, piece of s***. You may be the reason why Michael & his brothers were so famous, but you are also a HUGE reason as to why Michael was so mentally messed up as an adult.

I don't buy the whole 'I raised my kids that way because that's how I was raised & I don't know any other way' bullcrap. It's just another stupid cop-out. I don't give a damn about how you were raised. In life, we all have choices and we live with the choices we make. If you didn't like how your father raised you, you could've changed it for your kids. Instead, you CHOSE to be like your father and raise your kids the same way. Now, you have to live with how all of them act & behave as adults (acted in Michael's case) whether you like it or not.

You're only saying all of these things because Michael cut you out of his will and left you penniless. After all of the beatings & name calling you gave Michael throughout his life, did you REALLY think you deserved any of his money? You should be thankful that he even FORGAVE you! I'm glad Michael did that; I would've too if I was your kid.

On the day you die, I hope God sends you straight to hell because that's where you belong. What goes around comes around and you not getting a cent of Michael's money is just the beginning of your bad karma.

Sincerely,
Forever MJ Fan

Cathy

I feel sympathy for the entire family - Joe and Katherine included. Obviously Joe will always be in denial about how his past behaviors affected his highly sensitive son. It's also pretty low of him to blame Katherine in a public interview like this.

All that being said, the media, as usual, twists and morphs things to sensationalize the story as much as possible, and that's what they've done here. I don't doubt that the essence of what Joe said here is true -- in other words, I believe that Joe (and some others in the family) did try very hard and for years to help Michael in various ways, and that they were unsuccessful because they were frozen out my Michael's people and Michael himself. I don't doubt that Joe asked Katherine to go see Michael (because he himself could not get in), and I don't doubt that Katherine refused - not because she didn't love Michael, but because she probably was afraid that if she/they pushed too hard, they'd be frozen out forever. I think that in their own minds, every single person in that family knew that Michael was headed for a terrible end, and they all felt virtually powerless to stop it.

For parents to lose a child is a terrible thing - no matter how old that child is or how old the parents are when they lose him/her. It is truly one of the worst things that can ever happen in life, and the pain of it causes anger, resentment, divorce, etc. I don't think it's unusual at all that Joe told Katherine, "if you'd gone to see him, this would not have happened." She probably had some equally horrible things to say back to Joe as well. They both loved their son and were/are no doubt in terrible pain that they could do nothing to prevent this tragedy. Seems like in the last year, Michael isolated himself from every single person (including even Katherine) who might have truly cared about his welfare - beyond how much money he could make.

I'm sorry Joe is publicly airing the kind of hurtful exchanges that go on between MANY COUPLES who experience the loss of a child, but I can see things from both his and Katherine's pov.

GailS

Joe has the sense of a turnip and Katherine isn't much better. No wonder Michael was so screwed up. I wish they would all go away.

SuperGirl

AND HOW CAN KATHRINE GO ALONG WITH HIM GETTING AN ALLOWANCE FROM THE ESTATE???? ARE U KIDDING ME KATHRINE ARE YOU INSANE??? MAYBE SHE IS AT FAULT HERE TOO........

Pound Sand

At least Michael finally has some peace getting away from this SOB POS! What a monster this man was and will always be!

Grammar Cop

Stacy

This whole family is nut$. He can't get any peace, even being dead.