Joe Jackson Blames Katherine for Michael's Death

6/13/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's pretty shocking ... Joe Jackson is blaming the inaction of his wife, Katherine, for Michael Jackson's demise ... allegedly because Katherine didn't want to penetrate MJ's zone of privacy.

061110_joe_jackson_video_2
Joe sat down with News of the World to explain his theory, that he was concerned that Michael was "looking kinda funny and and frail" and asked Katherine to see Michael to "keep him cheered up."  But Joe says Katherine refused because she didn't want to invade his privacy.

Joe says he and Katherine argued about it before Michael's death, but Katherine was firm.

Joe says after Michael died, he said to Katherine, "I said this would have never happened if you had went and been with him."

Joe -- who was intentionally cut out of Michael's will -- is fighting to get an allowance from the estate.  And get this -- we're told Katherine has been giving Joe money and going along with his efforts to earn a living off MJ.

Darlene

Joe, you are a MONEY HUNGRY SOB!!!!!!!!! You were a terrible father!!!

Siggisis

What is everyone else's take on this being old and rehashed?

rip mj

Posted at 8:24 AM on Jun 13, 2010 by kim

I think it is recent. I think that Joe has aged very much in the past year, and you can tell watching the footage.
He does mourn his son, but as a typical psychopath, he blames other people. I know psychopathy from my immediate family and this is a classic trait!
I don´t think he can help it, and he ain´t gonna change now in his eighties for sure.
If he really said this to Katherine when she was at her most vulnerable, it must have made her grieving a lot harder. I just hope that she is ANGRY at Joe for this. That would help her. But seeing her signing belts with him at her side, I doubt it.
Michael tried very hard to make her leave Joe, and she did a few times, but they always seem to gravitate towards each other eventually.

janalal4

Oh boy! I must say that I can sort of see BOTH sides of this but still feel Joe would have been better off keeping his mouth shut. Nothing to be gained by voicing this opinion except VERY hurt feelings:( I suppose he is tired of being the 'bad ol' Catfish' in the media & with the fans & hearing about 'Saint Katherine'.

Often times when one parent feels that the other is too harsh in their style of discipline, then they will overcompensate by being too 'easy' with a child. Usually this is the mother. I know because it went on in the house I grew up in & it goes on in my own house now with my daughter. Her father is too strict, so I overcompensate by being too permissive. Since 'I' was raised in a very strict environment, I rebelled as a teenager & do not want to give my own daughter reason to do so. It's a mistake many of us parents make so I can fault NOBODY IN THE JAX HOUSE for what I so myself.

Joe just needs to shut up because what is done is done. This one cannot be 'fixed' sadly. All the 'cheering up' & 'being with Michael' would have made a lick of difference anyway if he were seriously addicted. He'd have just found ways to do drugs behind Katherines back.

** I missed posting on the article r/e the international supportive presence that will be outside the courthouse on the day of Murrays hearing; the support for MICHAEL that is, screw the support for Murray. Have a feeling there won't quite be the 'turn out' that the media is predicting for him. Not unless bus fare is 'free' & 'lunch' is served-hehe. Sorry, I guess that was 'uncalled for'....NOT! Anyhow, SURE WISH I COULD BE THERE IN THE FLESH BUT I WILL DEFINITELY BE THERE IN 'PRAYERS' & IN SPIRIT!!

LOVE YOU MJ & I TELL YOU WHAT GUYS, I MISS HIM JUST AS MUCH TODAY AS I DID ON JUNE 26TH, 2009! STILL, SITTING HERE WITH A BROKEN HEART HERE IN TAMPA:(

Tracy

Joe your such a LOOSER. Michael left you nothing and she giving you money, DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU.
Why couldn't you or the family go see Michael if you were so concern that he wasn't well. Seem that all you do is cause hard feeling you should be thinking of Micheals kids your grand kid when you speak like this.
Prince is now 13 hopefully he will stand up to you and ask questions about why you arn't in the will and not getting any funds.
Because its the kid money to begin with
You can't tell me that the kids don't read the stuff on the web, they all on computers.

J

TMZ this is from news of the world,more tabloid trash! I have a great idea tmz,why don't you people do your own research,and get the facts and the truth before posting stories,then you wouldn't be getting laughed at! You guys are becoming laughable! Oh that's right,the truth/facts don't sell or get your site hits! What's next tmz an more"exclusive interviews" with that liar klein,or the other liars...diane dimond,ian halperin,martin bashir...who will probably all claim they knew MJ personally and were his best friends! Later tmz,to busy laughing at you!

WaxOnWaxOff

I'm normally a pretty easy going guy, but I think that someone should shoot this old a-hole and silence him once and for all. His entire family hates him and he always has to open his ugly ass mouth with his uninvited opinions. This old fame whore is better off dead.

mar

He looks like a PUG.

Melanie

THIS MAN IS DISGUSTING!!! He really needs to throw the blame at himself. He is the one that ripped Michael's childhood away from him. He put scars, physical and mental, on him that will never be erased. I never wish death on people but I wish it was you that went and not Michael. You are just horrible!!
follow me: www.twitter.com/mariahgagaluva

Cathy

***********************************************
LOL janalal. Joe does not know how to keep his mouth shut. He is physically incapable of the act. ;) Over the years, this disability has been both his greatest asset and his biggest flaw. I must admit, I do look forward to seeing how Joe's big mouth might generate some misery and inconvenience for people like Dr. Murray, Arnie Klein, AEG, Frank DiLeo, etc.

GARYHALLENTERRTAINMENT

Michael clearly needed help, but when a person has the kinda personal power michael had he could pick and choose who he wanted in his presence, so, I'd have to blame the entire jackson family for not taking action before this tragedy, a serious intervention was required and nobody stepped up to the plate to save michael, I WOULD HAVE HAD THE SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT @ HIS DOOR EVERYDAY IF IT MEANT SAVING HIS LIFE!!! IT'S ABOUT DOING WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO, NOT WHAT YOU WANNA DO!!!

Detroit

WOW! I think he may have a point but i think both are to blame.She as well as he should have been there for Michael and not to mention Michael taking responsibly for his own actions.I don't even know if i blame Dr. Murry anymore,Money is a very powerful thing and make people do silly S h i t. He had a drug problem if he cared about himself or at least his children we would not be having this discussion...Just think if u were in the house when ure dad died and to see him die is traumatizing to a child

kim

58. Oh boy! I must say that I can sort of see BOTH sides of this but still feel Joe would have been better off keeping his mouth shut.
***********************************************

Posted at 8:47 AM on Jun 13, 2010 by Cathy

Hey I agree with you Cathy. His big mouth will be great against those people. That is when everyone will be glad he has one.

I still just think it is strange that this happened so long ago and the story is just now getting out. Someone must have pissed ole joe off for him to be spewing about it now.

And janalal4 I am still missing MJ too.

rip mj

Karma

Just when I thought Joe Jackson couldn't sink any lower....What a messed up thing to say.

G

Joe Jackson did not get Michael to become the King of Pop. Yes Joe help them get an audition with Motown but the rest was up to the them. Joe didn't perform every night for thounsands of fans, Joe didn't write the music, Joe didn't teach them interview skills etc. The only thing Joe did was make Michael fear him and become the adult he became. Did you guys know that Joe would lock Michael in a closet and didn't care how long his son cried to get him out? Yeah great father am sure Michael appreciated all his efforts that's why he kept him in the will. Oh wait he DIDN'T! Joe needs to shut up because like someone else said don't bite the hands that feeds you. And Katherin is your love for Joe greater then your love for your children? I don't want to insult MJ's mom because I knew he loved her but I don't understand her. And she does seen weak and continues to be weak am sad to say. Hope the kids can tell the difference btw good people and those who will use them for their name and money. Lucky MJ was a good father b/c he made sure they wouldn't get all their money until they turn 40.

Anya

got to be a special place in hell for someone like him