Joe Jackson Blames Katherine for Michael's Death

6/13/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's pretty shocking ... Joe Jackson is blaming the inaction of his wife, Katherine, for Michael Jackson's demise ... allegedly because Katherine didn't want to penetrate MJ's zone of privacy.

061110_joe_jackson_video_2
Joe sat down with News of the World to explain his theory, that he was concerned that Michael was "looking kinda funny and and frail" and asked Katherine to see Michael to "keep him cheered up."  But Joe says Katherine refused because she didn't want to invade his privacy.

Joe says he and Katherine argued about it before Michael's death, but Katherine was firm.

Joe says after Michael died, he said to Katherine, "I said this would have never happened if you had went and been with him."

Joe -- who was intentionally cut out of Michael's will -- is fighting to get an allowance from the estate.  And get this -- we're told Katherine has been giving Joe money and going along with his efforts to earn a living off MJ.

nan

how does joe think any of this will help michaels children or mrs jackson cope with all that is going on...plus while he was talking to this tabloid y didnt he tell them to go f themselves for all the lies and innuendo they spread about his son
i think joe needs to be checked out by adoctor. i think he is getting alzheimers or something

janalal4

I think it is recent. I think that Joe has aged very much in the past year, and you can tell watching the footage.
He does mourn his son, but as a typical psychopath, he blames other people. I know psychopathy from my immediate family and this is a classic trait!
I don´t think he can help it, and he ain´t gonna change now in his eighties for sure.
If he really said this to Katherine when she was at her most vulnerable, it must have made her grieving a lot harder. I just hope that she is ANGRY at Joe for this. That would help her. But seeing her signing belts with him at her side, I doubt it.
Michael tried very hard to make her leave Joe, and she did a few times, but they always seem to gravitate towards each other eventually.

Posted at 8:39 AM on Jun 13, 2010 by Siggisis

I was doing my 'catch up' on MJ news stories online & read one that indicated THIS was the source of Katherines emotional outburst at the funeral(at FL, not the memorial at Staples). That she was softly weeping at first, then Joe goes on to make the statement that he was "so damned mad at her for not having made any attempt to intervene when MJ was rehearsing for TII". He stated that he made attempts but that MJ wouldn't hear anything he had to say. He states he attempted to get the number of shows cut way back as well. He wanted Kath to intervene in some way because he stated, "Michael always listened to HER more than he all his life" (hmmmm, wonder why, right?). He also went on to state that he was quite the "mummy's boy". Old 'catfish' is quite the hoot isn't he? hehe.

**************************************************************

I GUESS MOST OF YOU ALL HAVE PROBABLY SEEN THIS BY NOW BUT IS VERY TOUCHING TO ME EVEN THO' I CAN BARELY STOMACH LATOYA. CHECK OUT THE 3D IMAGE OF MICHAEL JACKSON AT THE VERY BEGINNING. I BELIEVE IT IS ONE OF THOSE 3D HOLOGRAPHIC IMAGES THAT SEEMS TO BE ALL THE RAGE RIGHT NOW(I THINK IT IS. WISH I COULD FIND ANOTHER VIDEO THAT HAD A MORE CLOSE-UP VIEW SO I COULD SEE IT BETTER). ANYWAY, THIS IS QUITE TOUCHING & THE ARTISTS SINGING ARE QUITE IMPRESSIVE WITH THEIR TALENT. YOU CAN DEFINITELY TELL THEY ARE' FEELIN' THE PASSION' & REALLY SEEM QUITE SINCERE IN THEIR TRIBUTE TO MJ.

I KNOW I'M, PROBABLY RUNNIN' WAAAAYYY BEHIND & THIS HAS NO DOUBT BEEN POSTED A GAZILLION TIMES PROBABLY BUT JUST IN CASE, HERE'S THE LINK. I JUST LOVED WATCHING THIS SO MUCH:)

Gen

Joe Jackson has a special place in HELL waiting on him! He will do anything for a dollar!

dee

Mr. Jackson is greiving for his son. He is playing the scenario out in his mind over and over again. He loves his son. He is thinking, "what IF this had been done?" What IF that had been done?" "Would Michael still be here with us?" I've played the same scenario in my head myself. I don't however, think that if Mrs. Jackson had invaded Michael's privacy that it would have prevented his death, maybe delayed it..............maybe.........Michael needed help that can only come from Jesus and to cut ties with those who didn't care about his well-being. He was addicted to prescription drugs unfortunately, and I do believe only the power of the holy spirit could have saved him from this type of death.

Love you Michael forever.

wow

It's heartless what Joe is doing by blaming Katherine. I wouldn't be surprise if he had an ulterior motive by wanting her to contact Michael. If Joe was so worried at some point he would have gone himself or ask Janet and the other siblings to intervene.

MJ may have died from exhaustion had he done those concerts. Chronic insomnia is extremely hard on the body and brain. It's difficult to function without sleep. He was a frail man. Yes, he still had it but his tour schedule and lack of sleep would've been too much. Also, the stress of being shot on stage (whether real or imagined) would enhance his vulnerability to exhaustion. Unfortunately, he turned to propofol for
relief and that let to his untimely demise.

Fina

When is this pathetic man going to go away??? He just has no shame!!

Cookie

Joe living off Michael via Katherine is news?

Cecilia

First of all, Joe can TRY to blame anyone he wants to.

I have/had a son who passed on June 25 of 2004 of cancer at the age of 30. He was also a musician. And he was beautiful like Michael.
He had been dabbling in drugs here and there before his death and made it very difficult for me to get around him as a result of his drug use. And I truly believe that out of respect for me as his mother he didn't want me to see him in that way. And I don't feel that Michael wanted Katherine to interfere too closely with him either, out of respect for her. And most certainly I believe that Michael respected his mother much more than his father.

I also have an 87 year old father who has been emotionally and verbally abusive to me from a very young age, and who to this day says things to me that emotionally just tear me up. He's always trying to blame everything on everyone ELSE instead of looking at his own guilt and past mistakes. He treated my mother the same for years until she finally divorced him when I was five.

Joseph, Michael left you out of his will for a reason. You can deny, point fingers, or emotionally try to inflict guilt on your own wife all you want to. But the more you speak, the more your true colors shine through. I have a father like you. I know. God bless you Katherine. I feel your pain.

I will be mourning my son along with Michael on June 25. I love you both dearly.

Linda

Joe sure takes the cake on being a really low piece of pond s***, doesn't he? At least he is consistant!

DANA

someone is in desperate seek for $$$ ............

The Netherlands

Oh Joe, plz shut up!

This man is so hungry for money, he even betrays his own family.

Love You MJ! Miss you every day!!

Laura

What friggin nerve. This piece of crap is worse than Shannon Price... well not worse but they are in the same damn boat. He's the reason Michael secluded himself from the world. Why is it that the one to blame is the one accusing the other?

Quinn

it would be nice to blame the parents of all the drug addicts of the world problems but at some point these people have to take some sort of responsibility for their lives. MJ was an amazing artist. Sadly he was also a drug addict. Unless a drug addict seeks treatment, sooner or later they are going to die. If he was a 16 year old heroin addict I'd say "hey where the hell where is this kid's parents? " But he was an adult and out of his parents realm of responsibility.

susie

"Aww baby it seems like night in the middle of the day
everything around me is faded and grey.
Cold are the days dark creeps the night
Never bringing you back into my life
And there ain't no sun since you been gone"
_____________________________________________

Love you Michael<3

Siggisis

Posted at 9:17 AM on Jun 13, 2010 by Cecilia

So sorry for you. Thanks for sharing.