Katherine Jackson's Lawyer Goes After Joe Jackson

6/14/2010 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Jackson's cruel attack -- that his wife, Katherine, is responsible for Michael's death, is but the latest in a rich history of reckless, untrue comments ... so says Katherine's lawyer and the lawyer for Michael Jackson's estate.

0613_katherine_joe_EX_jb
Katherine is not commenting on what amounts to her husband's declaration of war -- that she refused to "keep [Michael] cheered up" because she didn't want to invade his privacy, and he'd be alive today if she had.

Katherine's lawyer, Adam Streisand, tells TMZ, "The world knows that Mrs. Jackson has always been a loving mother and grandmother, and that she and Michael had a very special relationship."  Streisand then drives it home:  "The world also knows who Joe Jackson is and he seems bent on never letting us forget."

Howard Weitzman, lawyer for the Michael Jackson estate, tells TMZ, "The inference by Joe Jackson that Mrs. Jackson was in any way responsible for Michael's death is preposterous.  Katherine Jackson was a supportive and loving mother throughout Michael's life.  His love and respect for her is reflected in his estate plan."  Ouch ... and true.

Now here's how Joe may have screwed himself.  He's not included in Michael's will and no matter how hard he tries to invalidate the will, he's going to end up with nothing in that department.  The chances of Joe getting a court-approved allowance from the estate are slim to none.  And Joe is trying to exploit Michael's name to make money, but his unauthorized attempts have pretty much been shut down by the estate.

So the only thing Joe has been able to rely on ... Katherine's generosity in the money department.  Looks like that gravy train may have finally left the station.

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15

Libralee

Of course Joe deserves nothing. But I have never praised Katherine either. All those years Michael (and the other boys) were forced by their father to work, work, work. No play for those kids and especially Michael. Katherine never did anything to stop that either. She should have stood up to Joe and allowed those kids to be just that, kids! So I give her NO credit whatsoever.

butterflies47

What the HELL is wrong with this man!How about this let the truth be told JOE u want to point fingers,first u tell us fans to back off of Conrad Murray,now u blame Mrs.Katherine.U are to blame if u never would have got him in to the business maybe he would still be here.U pushed him even through in the end he forgave u because he has a loving soul.U made him the superstar he became because u let him sing in the talent show at school.U taught him how to be a good father by not following in your footsteps.Joe i do not wanna be mean to u because I LOVE MICHAEL,i am just a die hard fan,but u are so wrong.I thought u had a record company why does it seem that u are so pressed for the evil money, what u need artist for u company ,what type of artist are u looking for.Well let me know i live in Baltimore, Maryland email me for real email address try2slutes@yahoo.com.

Millyboo

No doubt he loved his son, just not going about it the right way

Siv Kristin

I believe there is a LOT of sorrow and frustration over the loss of their son, which is quite normal! And then its easy to blame eachother for not being able to "do more" and save him. I`m absolutely not defendig Joe Jackson, because throwing dirt in the media is truly disrespectful! Especyally when we see how MJ was glowing around his mother, which is the best proof ever of how much he loved her! But I think he deals with some serious grief and regrets and therefore blames Kathrine, but once again; throwing it out in the media is NOT okay! I just hope that everyone can leave this family alone and give them a chance to be what MJ wanted; A normal happy family that can go and do whatever they want, whenever, wherever, without the press hanging all oer them. The only way to stop all of the MJ rumors is if the press leaves them alone!!!!!!

chrissy

I am not a fan of any of the Jacksons but I have read the stories and listened to interviews from family members including MJ about how horrible his dad was to him and his brothers growing up. If anyone is to blame for Micheal and his brothers ending up on the paths they did it is Joe. There is a reason Joe was not in Micheal's will, Micheal hated him. Joe deserves nothing , all he deserves is the abuse he put onto his kids all so he could live the good life. Someone needs to make him dance until he is sore and when he misses a step hit him with a belt like he did with his kids.

At the mtv awards Madonna spoke of how Micheal had no childhood due to singing and there his dad was in the audience clapping and smiling and yet it is him who took his childhood away because of his selfishness. To heck with his kids having a childhood that they will only get to live once, all dear old joe cares about is money money money.

Jbaby

Aren't they a little to old to be fighting over money. They're both 80 or so

RENATA

Joe is a disgrace of a father and human being. He is nothing but a money whore...he cares for no one except himself. Too bad he is still breathing and MJ isn't!! RIP MJ you will be forever missed.

Lorraine

From my past experience when my brother past, I think all men or Dad blame the wife if they were not close to the son. It is easy to blame Katherine so that he will not be held responsible to himself. He lost his son, because their was too much pressure put on him through out all his life, M.J. when little did fear and respect his Dad but as an adult in an Oprah Interview you still could see that fear when he talked about Joe. His Mom was everything to him,I guess Joe, expected her to do it all,and Janet was such a great sis they were together a lot during the early years. Joe will blame wife for everything that goes wrong, because it is easy that way. I wish someone of the girl would really help her. She needs help, I feel sad,so much to deal with.I am afraid something will happen to her because she is doing it all alone, that is exactly what happen to Michael Jackson,you know I still cry when I think of the way he died. So Sad...

John

This whole family is a bunch of idiots, with Michael being the biggest one of all! What sensible person is going to allow a drug used exclusively for putting people out for surgeries to be injected into their bodies as a pseudo "sleeping pill???!!!" Give me a break! And don't blame Conrad Murray. He was just doing what Michael wanted him to do, right?

yiesa

though Joe did push them to become stars, I'm sure he had money from when he was their manager. He should have invested it better. well that ship has sailed!!!

vagner

yuo love the michael

earlline

I think everyone knows Joe is 80 and may be surffering from some senility, and derserves some respect just for being MJ and The Jacksons five Dad. He has done and said some stupid things but he is 80. We should all be praying for all of them to be saved by the Grace of God, and them to be protected and cared for the rest of their lives, God knows there is plenty of money for all of them if everyone else would get their hands off of it.

callie

why everyfight over money you can not take to the grave any way joe JACKSON IS THE ONE WHO WANT HIS FAMILY TO BE SOME BODY IN LIFE LEAVE THE JACKSON FAMILY ALONE THEY BLEED RED BLOOD TOO .JUST LIVE AND LET LIVE

Marilyn

This goes out to Mrs. Jackson (Michael's mother),

Mrs. Jackson,

I did not know how else to reach you. Regarding the case of your son. My heart pours out with you. I loved Michael and grew up listening to his music as a child. I used to kiss your son's albums hoping that I would some day marry him. Lol

The real reason, I am writing is in regards to the case against the doctor. As a person with experience, in dealing with children, (as a mother, ect),. It is with great concern after hearing some of the case on television, that not only the doctor being held accountable, but also the staff should be held accountable as well.

First, please allow me to express my concerns regarding this issue, "I believe that anyone working around children should be certified in areas of CPR, ect., and believe that all the staff, I believe were Thoroughly screened as far as areas of expertise in safety, medical, ect.

Now why would a staff allow a doctor to make the decision for a human life in which doctors themselves know that in cases such as respertory failure, in such cases an ambulance is needed as this doctor and even the staff knows that heart failure could lead to death within a few minutes of no air getting to the brain, it could take even a few seconds.

Why didn't they call, rather than listening to a doctor who they knew was over-dosing your son, not to mention, that there pay check was coming from Michael and not there son.

These are people with possible degrees of some sort and look what a highly educated person or persons did. They actually hid behind the doctor in order that they not be questioned.

This whole ordeal is rather upsetting. And why would they allow, such young children to view this type of murder, by trusted staff. Especially, their care-taker who is a woman. Why did they not have the children held in another room or have one of the children run and call 911. What I see is that the teaching or care-taker did not teach them about safety and health, being that she lived with them and also witnessed Michael's drug abuse.

Any normal human being would of wanted to see Michael succeed and be healthy. I see very selfish staff members who did not care about Michael at all.

If it were me, no amount of money or job would of stopped me from reporting his condition, whether or not I lost my job.

Again, they all should be held accountable, they all had a choice in the matter of life and death. Heart failure is no secret in today's world. We have come along way and the New's is everywhere. We see these types of things happening out of pure fright, being that they did not want to get involved, they only wanted there pay check.

My prayers are with you and the children. You did a remarkable job raising your children and will continue to do the same with your grandchildren.

With much love and respect,

Sincerely,