Los Angeles Mayor Gets Restraining Order

6/14/2010 8:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa just got a restraining order against a man who threatened to "take him out."

0614_antonio_ex

According to docs obtained by TMZ, Daniel John Molnar called the Mayor's Office last Thursday and said, "The Mayor knows who I am.  The Mayor is talking a lot of s**t.  You tell him that I'm going to take him out."

We're told the Mayor's Office used caller ID to find the 46-year-old Molnar, who lives in the mid-Wilshire area of L.A.  He was arrested 3 hours later and charged with making criminal threats.

We're told the L.A. County District Attorney decided today it would reject the criminal case, on grounds of insufficient evidence.  As a result, Molnar was released.

The L.A. City Attorney's Office got a restraining order today on the Mayor's behalf, which orders Molnar to stay 100 yards away from the Mayor's home and City Hall.  He's also prohibited from engaging in any communication with the Mayor or his staff.

In his his declaration, the Mayor wrote, "I believe the threats uttered by Daniel John Molnar to be credible, and am concerned for the safety of the employees of my Office, myself and my family when Daniel John Molnar is near."

Jolena

Thats funny..he can talk all kinds of **** about the governor and political officials of Arizona but you let someone do it to him and he get a restraining order? Very interesting

Woody McBrreairty

This Villaraigosa dude is a walking disaster. A very obvious publicity freak. He can smile and wave better than he can mayor. He should have his own reality show or get a part on some TV show where he can be a "star". It is sad that the city of L.A. has to endure the hardships of his lack of leadership. This is a pathetic excuse for mayor, these are sad times

Mel

I feel sorry for my fellow Californians that have this loud-mouthed loser for their mayor. He's a disgrace to his office and on every other level as a person/man. What an embarrassment he is.

I hope he's ousted soon. Oh wait is that like being taken out?

Los Angeles deserves better!

Hanging to da lef

Mayor V was probably doing the guys wife....

pops

That's what happens when you side with criminals. If this guy doesn't get him someone else will. He shouldn't have sold his country out by being an illegal sympathizer.

Hanging to da lef

Any guy who takes his wife's name should be the Mayor of West Hollywood...

Anonymous

I have nothing against Mexicans and I have nothing against Mexican-Americans. I have only one sister-in-law she and her daughter my step-niece are both part Mexican. My youngest aunt her husband is Mexican-American. I have nothing agianst Puerto Ricans. My second Nathan Vasquez is German Descent on my mom's side of the family his mom is my dad's cosuin. On his dad's side of the family he is Puerto Rican Descent. I have nothing against hispanics. I don't understand Mayor Antonio R.Villiaragoirsa's boycott against Arizona's immigration law. From George William Gockel.

Kay

I can say I NEVER VOTED for this MUPPET! He was a slimball when he ran and a bigger one now. Who knew what was in people's minds when they chose him.

HoTMZ

I wanna know who this Daniel John Molnar is and why he wants to kill the mayor. I tried googling him and if it was the same guy he's the VP of a large insurance co. so what did the mayor do to ruffle his feathers? Or are we not supposed to know the details and just read that some guy the mayor seems to know and take his threat seriously for secret reasons wants to kill him.

Jason

This mayor of our is such a piece of ****. I wish somebody would take him out. He hasn't done one thing for the city. Unemployment is up, there's trash everywhere, budgets are being cut, the city is in debt - this guy went to a community law school and failed the bar exam 4 times...Oh, and amidst all of this he proposes a bull**** boycott of a neighboring state?

I hope they do turn off the power so this loser is out of a job.

Calling it like it is!

He is a terrible mayor, hes an attention whore....get this drama queen out of office already!

LASympathiser

Regardless of what the Mayor's positions are, safety of public officials is paramount in our society. I applaud law enforcement and Mayor's office for taking any threats serious. Hopefully this will deter other disturbed individuals from threatening public officials, regardless of their political affiliations.

whateverpeeps

I wish somebody would take him out...out of office.

I could go on and on about the mistakes he has made since he was sworn in, but I'll just state the biggest one. He decided he was important and powerful enough to form a boycott against Arizona for enforcing a long-standing federal law. A boycott that would cost LA tens of millions of dollars. LA, the most broke city in the most broke state in the country. And all of this with no evidence that there was going to be "discrimination against Latinos"...no precedent, no evidence, no nothing.

What a moron. I expect that kind of behavior and talk from high school kids, not city leaders.

TJ

TMZ bull**** on the Tiger Woods story you ran yesterday. He's in California this week for the U.S. Open Championship. Cut the guy some slack.

happy

You guys talk about getting him out of office, so make sure you VOTE when you can. I was through with him when he came out against AZ, encouraging economic civil war against our own country in favor of illegal immigrants. He is not for ALL of the people.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments