Chris Klein -- Animal Group Furious Over DUI

6/16/2010 6:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An animal rights group is unleashing on Chris Klein over his DUI arrest this morning -- claiming nobody should ever drive around wasted ... especially when a pet is on board.

0622_klein_ida_tmz_EX

TMZ spoke with a rep for the group "In Defense of Animals" -- who tells us, "By choosing to drive under the influence with his dog in the car, Chris not only put innocent drivers in danger, but broke a promise to be a protector and guardian to his pet."

As we previously reported, Klein was arrested in L.A. this morning -- law enforcement sources tell us his blood alcohol level was almost three times the legal limit.

0423_celeb_dui_300_v2

jojowasaman

IMHO those of you who seem to like animals more than people are probably suffering from some serious trauma. This is not normal. If you can afford it, seek professional help for this. If you can't, well, do what you can. I realize that dealing with an entity that is not completely controllable or is capable of disagreeing with you can be difficult sometimes, but it's part of the human condition. If you can not connect with people, maybe you're the problem, not all of humanity. Just food for thought.

Hanz Glolo

****ing idiot pet using money grubbers......They need to be chained up in the back yard.

boobymanz

I'm so sick of these ****ing animal "rights" jackasses. Who gives a flying **** if your ****ing pet is in a damn car.

jojowasaman

Wow, Liza. Racist much? Why 'White trash'?

nisiek

#31, hey, I have no problem with people, I PREFER ANIMALS....because it has nothing to do with them not talking back or any of your insane statements, animals KNOW AND DISPLAY LOYALTY AND UNCONDITIONAL LOVE....name me three people off the top of your head that have that. In this day and age that is about the rarest of traits you will ever find. Trust me, I am surrounded by people all day long and WHEN THE DAY IS DONE, THERE IS NOBODY'S COMPANY I PREFER MORE THAN MY ANIMALS. They soothe the soul....sounds like you are an animal hater, and I really and truly feel sorry for you. BEST THERAPY IN THE WORLD IS A PET...JUST ASK ANYONE WHO HAS AND APPRECIATES ONE!!! My advice to you is go rescue an abused dog or cat, give me love, and you will see what I am talking about! They will never betray, lie, cheat or steal from you and all they ask for is a tummy rub, food and a pet now and then. TRUST ME I KNOW FROM WERE I SPEAK!!!

Dana

we live in an ac***ulative world. We should assimilate to the canine culture

Dana

aw man. I thought assimilate would be bleeped too. This is fun though

Liza

ojowasaman, LOL!

What in the hell are you talking about?!?

Websters definition of racist.....
"hatred or intolerance of another race or other races."

Ummm, your comment doesn't really doesn't make a bit of sense. Plus, I'm WHITE, lol.

Here's a tip...Instead of accusing me of being "racist," you should have accused me of "classism." That criticism would have made much more sense. Much closer to the point I was trying to make.

Dope.

Jo

Reading through comments on TMZ just confirms why I prefer my dog over most humans. My dog has a brain.

JLS

I am going to drink until I almost pass out, put this stinking ass in the back seat and take him on a deserted road for a ride. He's vile. His dog should be removed from his home. What an ass!

jojowasaman

I never said I hated animals. I love animals. You're right that I've never rescued an animal, but I have volunteered for medical camps and AIDS clinics in Africa. I find it upsetting that so much money/effort gets wasted on crap like this over a dog that's fine when I've personally seen small children with their bellies out from starvation, flies drinking from their eyes, drinking from a "well" that looks like chocolate milk and is brimming with disease, living in slums, not to mention the teenaged girls I've seen who have AIDS because an ignorant man (with about as much sympathy for people as you have) raped them under the mistaken belief that his AIDS would be cured if he had sex with a virgin. To me, that problem commands more attention than a dog. You feel sorry for me? Don't. I love and can trust people, and they love and trust me. You have stated that you don't think anyone can ever love you unconditionally and that you prefer coming home to animals than people. Personally, I think I got the better end of the deal.

Oh and FYI - as far as the so-called unconditional love from your pets...there are over 4 million dog bites in the US every year, 360...,000 people treated in emergency room every year in the US for dog bites they got from their pets, Over 30 people are killed by pet dogs every year, most of them children. Don't get on your high horse about how wonderful and pure animal emotions are, because all you are doing is justifying a waste of time on a non-issue at the expense of more important things on the false idea that animals are somehow superior to people.

jojowasaman

Main Entry: rac·ism
Pronunciation: \ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-\
Function: noun
Date: 1933
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

Actually, this is the merriam-webster definition. A person can be racist against their own race. Just thought you should know. Maybe before you try to mock someone for being wrong you should check to make sure that person is actually wrong. Also, you shouldn't use false definitions of dictionaries that can be accessed easily on Google. Also, any kind of prejudice is wrong, whether racism (which your statement actually was) or classism (which your statement also was, and you admittedly intended). As for me being a dope...that may be true. I do stupid stuff all the time, like engaging in online blogs on TMZ.

Kathy

A pets life is only as good as the OWNER makes it. KLEIN is stupid and irresponsible. Thumbs up for "In defense of Animals", they are a great organization!

Zara

To all people who are ragging on In Defense of Animals: you don't think that it's a bad idea to drunk drive? Even if it's "just" a dog who's put in danger by drunk driving, you think that's OK? Don't you think drunk driving is totally stupid under any conceivable cir***stances? Don't you think Chris Klein loves his dog, and if sober he would protect it from harm, and would himself say that he was wrong to drive drunk with his dog in his car?

m.b.

@Dana....LMAO. U r too funny. Glad I was bored to death and decided to read about another celebrity dui. lol.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments