« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Obama Kids -- Most Baller Father's Day Gift Ever

6/16/2010 10:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

When your father is the Leader of the Free World, there tend to be some pretty cool perks -- like when Sasha and Malia Obama went to the Lakers game last night ... and picked up an AWESOME Father's Day gift for their dad.

Obama Kids
Sources close to the situation -- but not too close -- tell us the daughters really wanted to get their dad a Lakers jersey for his special day. So, AEG president Tim Leiweke -- whose suite they happened to be sitting in -- ran down to the Lakers team shop in the Staples Center and had an Obama jersey made up on the spot.

To top things off, Phil Jackson even autographed the gear for the kids after the game.

Way cooler than that ugly tie you were gonna get your dad.
0616_finals_fans_300

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Spellbound

Well it WAS a nice surprise, but TMZ had to exploit it publicly and couldn't even wait a few days for Father's Day to publish it.

Moi

So everyone who dislikes Obama is either a redneck or a racist? How about they just don't like his political agenda? Not everyone likes his policies. How about that? I am from New Jersey.

Maria

HenryO- Don't even waste your time with some dumb trailer trash with nothing better to do. It has never been about politics with them, just another means to spew their racist garbage because somehow it makes them feel more empowered. Don't worry, at the rate white woman are having babies with black men, we soon will have a whole new generation of bi-racial free thinkers who will eventually out number every race. Then we may actually see change so many have fought for. Scares the sh&* out of them!

Moi

That is a generalization that everyone who does not like Obama is "a redneck" or "a racist". That is the only rebuttal that they have to anyone who does not like his presidency. For example, the Tea Party is nothing but inbred rednecks and racists. The media just fuels the fire with that ridiculous stereotype. Label everyone and they will just go away.

Maria

Moi-my comment was in direct response to specific comments made. Many of the comments I am reading have nothing to do with Obama's politics, but his race. I am very aware there are many who disagree with some or all of his politics......me being one of them. However, one can express their dislike of his views without turning into a lynching. It is a shame that an election that was to move our country forward with racial acceptance has only made the tensions and hatred that were already there even more charged.

LaReina

Your tax dollars at work. Hundreds of thousands of dollars to fly them to the game, provide Secret Service protection (including meals and accomodations for all the agents), etc. It's nice to be queen while millions of Americans are out of work or losing their livelihood thanks to BO's shutdown of the oil industry.

Moi

Thanks for clearing that up Maria. I highly concur that posters do not have to denigrate a person to get their points across.

Moi

Sorry, but that isn't my job. I don't think anyone can fix the leask right now. I only stated that I was born in New Jersey to defuse the stereotype that everyone who does not care for Obama was from the South or a racist. By the way, my husband's family is from Medellin, Colombia, and his father was from Puerto Rico. Do put a label on everyone.

Melissa

a lot of Obama bashing on here... over a picture of a Laker's jersey his kids got him? grow up people. i don't agree with everything the President says, but i respect him nonetheless. he is the PRESIDENT of the USA, imagine what other countries think about us when all we do is talk **** about our Presidents. learn some respect, and if you don't like what he's saying or doing- TAKE ACTION. have you ever thought of that before? stop running your cake hole about how horrible he is and how much you hate him--- AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. your hateful blog rants do nothing but make YOU look WEAK!

Moi

that should be *leak

Maria

I think Ugh was referring to the jersey the children bought for Obama.

Martinz717

The U.S. has a dirth of problems and this empty suit just keeps scooping up the free bees. Does this not bother people, or just me? He flies in the entire cast of Alice in Wonderland (in costume) for his kids, then a concert by Paul McCartney to get some stupid award, free Laker's trickets, a jersey ... my God this empty suit doesn't get it. Or maybe he does and I'm the stupid one. Start solving some problems and show some leadership. I wouldn't leave to take a vacation if my business was falling apart.

katie

omg i waked and baked this morning. he wasn't there, his family was.

amber

just look at that photo, your first lady of the United States ladies and gentlemen. hope you're happy.

Maria

Moi- whoever said rednecks had to be from the south? As I said, I was responding to a remark that was made that sounded like something out of Mississippi Burning. Melissa's comment was very well said. It completely baffles me how this is still going on after so many years. I mean, really? How many more people have to die to bring this to a close? Nothing good has ever come from racism or hate of any form. It is certainly not my intention to generalize. I am a white woman who happens to be rather conservative in respect to spending in government. However, I have seen enough in my life to know that being open minded and not passing judgment too quickly is not being a bleeding heart liberal or a conservative. It is about being human.