Katherine Jackson: Michael's Kids Have No Friends

6/20/2010 3:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0620_katherine_jackson_bookKatherine Jackson says Michael Jackson's kids are isolated and miss their father desperately ... this according to her first interview since MJ's death.

Katherine tells the Daily Mirror, "They don't have any friends. They don't go to school, they have private lessons at home -- but that will change in September, when they are due to enroll at private college."

According to the interview, the kids spend hours listening to their dad's music.

She says Paris has turned her bedroom into a shrine to her "Daddy" and that Prince and Blanket talk often about trying to make him proud.

Katherine says she wanted to decorate Paris' room with pictures of flowers or ballerinas -- but "Paris went into a closet and she brought out seven or eight pictures of Michael, and she told me, 'No, I want daddy hanging in my room'. So she goes to bed looking at him and wakes up looking at him. She said, 'I always want to be able to see him.'"

Michael's mom goes on to say Paris is the most musically-inclined of the three and that Prince wants to produce movies.

This new interview comes days before the anniversary of Michael's death ... and in conjunction with a new book Katherine is selling (pictured above) containing pictures and Katherine's memories of Michael.

She says, "Michael was so misunderstood ... I treasure my memories of him and wanted to share them with his fans in my book. I remember when he brought gifts for me -- a watch, a necklace and a ring. I'll never forget how he smiled when I opened each one. He was so generous. I want the world to know that real Michael Jackson -- a loving person."

Criss

I feel sad for the kids.

rene

NOT MANY PEOPLE DO. I HOPE THEY DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE LIKE MICHALE DID ,AND TRUST EVERYONE. I CAN SEE PEOPLE RIGHT NOW THINKING OF WAYS TO PLUCK THESE KIDS OUT OF THE MONEY THAT BELONGS TO THEM. WATCH OUT KIDS.

jenny

137. You didn't know Jackson personally so you are not fit to say he was a good father. So far, the facts would say he wasn't a good father. He was a drug addict, weirdo and detached from reality. Now his kids are going to pay a price that no amount of money could ever cover. The best I can say about Jackson is that he was a very mentally ill person and maybe didn't know better. Katherine Jackson is as much of a sleazebag as the rest of the family.

Posted at 12:37 PM on Jun 20, 2010 by Mike

YOU didn't know jackson personally either. So, say the same thing too about Heath Ledger, Elvis, Curt Cobain and one of a million and millions of others who struggle maybe with addiction or anything else. Weirdo, how do you know? Just your ignorance showing. Good you think he was a terrible father, who cares!

And speaking of shielded kids, we've never seen ONE photo of any of Bill Gates' children, not one...! And I live in the same state same city his neighborhood is down the road, no one sees them.

YOU don't have a clue.

Again, I would have loved to have been his child. OMG, what a thrill what a joy, what an education and experience he must have shown them. Not too mention, MJ was very smart and I'm sure he taught them well.

i wish i would

pUH-LEEEZZE SYMPATHY TO SELL HER BOOKto get more $$ from Micheals memory to support the rest of those lazy freeloading Jackson & that Whore Alejandra and her sister/brother/cousins kids. I dont think so. Now the kids are lonely? What about all the shizznit on utube of them laughing and riding shi+ and having a grand ole time. I thought Paris and Lionel Richies daughter were such good friends? Get these lies straight. Katherine is in nedd of Johavah God forreal, with her lying azz. She total confused her own kids with that religious crap then taught them to lie for the all mighty $. I will never purchase anything that will support this estate or the ****ery that is the Jacksons. They are a bunch of losers. One day Joe accuses Katherine of Killing Michael then the next shes in court with him. She needs a back bone and is a dreadful mother.Yeah we know Mike was generous to a fault clearly he did not want to support his siblings or Joe and yet Katherine gives what he provided for her and his children to these lowlifes. GTFOH with the bull s.h.i.t. Katherine and stop playing games. She'd do anything and sell anything for a $

Just Me

I think that going to school is a smart move for social reasons. Granted, there will always be "those" out there who will say "this n' that" about their Father. But, the thing here is that his children can't be protected from that end (as untrue, pitiful, and shameful as it is) forever either. These kids will learn to stand on their own merits as individuals, and going to a school is a part of that growing process. They'll turn out just fine...

david

MAYBE THEY DON'T HAVE FRIENDS TODAY, BUT WHEN THEY ARE ABOUT 30 THEY WILL HAVE ALL SORTS OF LITTLE BOYFRIENDS, JUST LIKE THEIR WHACKO FATHER. THEY SAY MICHAEL LIKES TO SHOP AT SEARS CAUSE HE HEARD THEY HAD LITTLE BOY PANTS AT HALF OFF.

Mike

I never met Jackson but there are things such as facts. The facts are that he was a major drug addict, his children have been adversely affected by his risky behavior and it will be nothing short of a miracle if they have any sort of normal life. They are left to deal with a legacy and issues that no person has ever had to deal with. How do they deal with being white and their father being a black man who wanted to be white.

Chico

Just watched MJ's Black or White video...OMG how I miss Michael Jackson.

Fans...this week, post what you are grateful for...what Michael Jackson music or humanitarian efforts did for your life personally! Ignore the HATE...all they want to do is bring you down! NEVER FORGET MJ's message of L.O.V.E., I know I have many times on this board and elsewhere. Like every human being, I am flawed.

I hope everyone will remember all the POSITIVE efforts MJ made in his life, and we can talk about them here. Remember to ignore the hate, because ultimately, IT'S ALL FOR L.O.V.E.!!!!

Mike

dd

Happy Fathers Day to all loving fathers!

jenny

147. You can't equate his talent with being a good parent anymore than equating good looks with being a good person.

Posted at 12:54 PM on Jun 20, 2010 by Mike

THEN DON'T! Move on now, go enjoy father's day...MIKE! I am most confident those kids will turn out fine, will be giving, charitable and very smart.

In fact, I don't even feel 'right' talking about them, it's wrong.

So..done!

Mike

But they won't. Those kids have spent their lives living in a world that did not exist. You can say how sweet and great it was but it wasn't. Even if those kids have any sort of normalcy in their lives, they would still face huge challenges in reconciling all the good and the BAD that surrounded their father. They can watch Black or White all they want but that's not going magically fix everything. Maybe on Planet Whacko Jacko but not on Planet Earth.

Darlene

I know MJ was a loving person & a wonderful father!

Mike

152. I know MJ was a loving person & a wonderful father!
-Yes who loved his drugs more than his children.

moni

I just came from a dance school final show (don´t know what you call that. More than a "dance school", it is the end of term and the "kids" are educated dancers.) There were two dances with Michael Jackson music! They were the best and got the most applause. I was so happy!

Posted at 12:38 PM on Jun 20, 2010 by Siggisis

What a nice story, Siggisis! I just makes me sad that probably even one year ago nobody would have thought about staging a Michael-Jackson-performance like that. He had to die to gain honours of that kind again.