Katherine Jackson: Michael's Kids Have No Friends

6/20/2010 3:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0620_katherine_jackson_bookKatherine Jackson says Michael Jackson's kids are isolated and miss their father desperately ... this according to her first interview since MJ's death.

Katherine tells the Daily Mirror, "They don't have any friends. They don't go to school, they have private lessons at home -- but that will change in September, when they are due to enroll at private college."

According to the interview, the kids spend hours listening to their dad's music.

She says Paris has turned her bedroom into a shrine to her "Daddy" and that Prince and Blanket talk often about trying to make him proud.

Katherine says she wanted to decorate Paris' room with pictures of flowers or ballerinas -- but "Paris went into a closet and she brought out seven or eight pictures of Michael, and she told me, 'No, I want daddy hanging in my room'. So she goes to bed looking at him and wakes up looking at him. She said, 'I always want to be able to see him.'"

Michael's mom goes on to say Paris is the most musically-inclined of the three and that Prince wants to produce movies.

This new interview comes days before the anniversary of Michael's death ... and in conjunction with a new book Katherine is selling (pictured above) containing pictures and Katherine's memories of Michael.

She says, "Michael was so misunderstood ... I treasure my memories of him and wanted to share them with his fans in my book. I remember when he brought gifts for me -- a watch, a necklace and a ring. I'll never forget how he smiled when I opened each one. He was so generous. I want the world to know that real Michael Jackson -- a loving person."

Sam

To anyone commenting how those children are not Michael's kids; yes they are. Any man can father a child, but it takes a real man to BE a father. Michael was those children's father since the day they were born. Whether he is or isn't the biological dad is no one's business but the parties involved. If they are not of Michael's DNA, then he may have had his own reasons, considering he suffered from two autoimmune diseases that are genetic (Lupus and vitiligo). I may not have given birth to my children, but I am their mother 100% always, as I am the one who's raised them since they were babies and I'm the only one who takes care of them.

Sam

It generally takes a year or so to begin to heal from a loved one's death, and throwing these kids into a whole new world all at once would have been too much for them to deal with. Yes, they moved into Katherine's house, where they see and play with their cousins often, which I don't think they did much before. But at least come fall, they'll be attending a school, instead of being home schooled. They're adjusting, but it takes time. Michael seemed like a wonderful father and he did what he could to shield his children's privacy.

tone

People on LKL blogs are laughing at the TMZ articles.

Laura

I see very de-tailed pre-nups in the future of all 3 of those children

J

Sam,it was confirmed before MJ died that Prince does have vitiligo,which as you stated is genetic.

Lauren

To magnolia,

You have no idea what the hell you are talking about. If you can't say anything respectful, keep your rude, ignorant comments to yourself.

We love and miss you Michael. This world did not understand you. We find comfort in knowing you've gone on to a place where there is no confusion and hate; only love and peace.

Eleonora49

A lot of you are pretty mean people.Cant you write anything NICE ???? I Think life is hard WHY make it worse??? CAN"T WE BE NICE All of you STOP.Today is Nice DAY !!! Be Kind to each other and show some LOVE.

allforlove

I can't believe it is almost a year since we have lost one of the most wonderful human beings in this world. I always hoped this was all a bad dream and that MJ would come back. I can't even imagine how hard it is for the children...considering the fact that I never knew MJ as intimately as they did and i am still grieving his death!!! He was their whole world. To have that taken away so suddenly it is heart wrenching. I pray that they will soon find peace in this world. I pray that MJ haters would take into consideration the children before they post such mean comments about Michael. And do they really need any friends? It would be so hard for them to be able to trust anyone. Being the children of Michael Jackson cannot be easy... I think that almost everyone would have other motives just like with MJ himself. It's sad, but even he was taken advantage of over and over and all he wanted was to have true friends that loved him. I think they have each other and that will keep them closer.
Michael I miss you so much!
I will never let you part, for you are always in my heart! L.O.V.E.

Cheryl

MJ did what he thought was best for his kids at the time only because he knew how it was growing up a child star himself and he knew how people got out of control when they seen him because they were big fans. But he home-schooled them because he wanted to keep his kids from being harassed. So I understand why he did it and may he rest in peace but now it’s time for the kids to see real life. I just wish them nothing but the best. I just feel so sorry for these kids and my prayers are with them as they grow.

Hunnybunny

This is so sad . It must really suck having no fiends t oplay with and juts your brother and sister all of the time . But Morther Kat is doing a great job of raseing those kids .

tb

Tv Gord ...Michael said he wanted his kids to have a normal childhood but if people would see them in public they would go all crazy because they were his kids and he didn't want them to get hurt or anything like that..no matter what people are gonna try to talk to them about their dad and thats not what he wanted.

Oh no! Not another clone!

I'm sixteen and if they need a friend, I'll be their friend! And if Michael was a child molester, why would the family take money over him going to jail? Wouldn't you want the man who molested your dead or at least behind bars? He also had to shield them from people like you! Calling him a child molester, calling him a freak. God knows what would of happened to those kids. Therapy? Seriously? Therapy doesn't solve everything. If you guys keep going like this, then they'll need therapy thanks to you guys. I do have to agree they are over shielding them just a little by getting upset with their videos being "leaked". What if they want to post videos on youtube?

sc341

Bubbles is lonely too, I saw a special on Animal Planet with LaToya and she was crying so bad she missed Bubbles and Michael.

sc341

Bubbles has no friends either, he's in an animal sanctuary in Florida. LaToya went to visit him last month, they did a special for "Animal Planet" channel on Tuesday, June 22, 2010.

I felt so bad for Bubbles and LaToya was crying her eyes out. It made me cry, she must miss her brother so bad.

Bonnie

Force the Media to Clear MJ's name ! It's Time

Support MJJ MJ Justice 2010

Sign this petition!!!!!

Repost this request and also read

Michael Jackson Justice 2010 project... asking ppl to use the link in the videos and letter (cont) http://tl.gd/20s0no ...