Katherine Jackson: Michael's Kids Have No Friends

6/20/2010 3:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0620_katherine_jackson_bookKatherine Jackson says Michael Jackson's kids are isolated and miss their father desperately ... this according to her first interview since MJ's death.

Katherine tells the Daily Mirror, "They don't have any friends. They don't go to school, they have private lessons at home -- but that will change in September, when they are due to enroll at private college."

According to the interview, the kids spend hours listening to their dad's music.

She says Paris has turned her bedroom into a shrine to her "Daddy" and that Prince and Blanket talk often about trying to make him proud.

Katherine says she wanted to decorate Paris' room with pictures of flowers or ballerinas -- but "Paris went into a closet and she brought out seven or eight pictures of Michael, and she told me, 'No, I want daddy hanging in my room'. So she goes to bed looking at him and wakes up looking at him. She said, 'I always want to be able to see him.'"

Michael's mom goes on to say Paris is the most musically-inclined of the three and that Prince wants to produce movies.

This new interview comes days before the anniversary of Michael's death ... and in conjunction with a new book Katherine is selling (pictured above) containing pictures and Katherine's memories of Michael.

She says, "Michael was so misunderstood ... I treasure my memories of him and wanted to share them with his fans in my book. I remember when he brought gifts for me -- a watch, a necklace and a ring. I'll never forget how he smiled when I opened each one. He was so generous. I want the world to know that real Michael Jackson -- a loving person."

ines ben hnia

i loooove you micheal more than myself just back again we need you

lyons

paris is a daugher lay off saying things about michael the crap watch who your friends are are they with u because of u or the money i hope all three make michael proud i hope they never forgetwhat he taught them katherine lost a son she gave birth to lay off watch who your friends are

michelle wnite

I AM A TRUE MICHEAL JACKSON FAN. I HAVE FOLLOWED THE ENTIRE FAMILY FOR DECADES. I DON`T CARE WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT MICHAEL HE WAS JUST A MISUNDERSTOOD MAN. KNOW MATTER WHAT SOME PEOPLE MAY SAY ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON, ONE THING FOR SURE PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW HE WAS A MUSCICAL GENIOUS. KNOW ONE COULD EVER TOUCH MICHAEL AND HIS MUSIC. I WILL LOVE MICHAEL JACKON TO THE END OF MY LIFE TIME BUT REST ASSURE MY ENTIRE FAMILY IS A MICHEAL JACKSON FAN ALSO(FAMILY ALSO).WE WILL SUPPORT THE ENTIRE JACKSON FAMILY FOREVER. I HAVE A 3YR OLD NEICE WHO IS A MICHEAL JACKSON FAN. SHE IS ONLY THREE AND AS MUCH AS WE TALK ABOUT HIM AND LISTEN TO HIS MUSIC SHE HAS BECOME A FAN AT THREE, THAT IS INCREDIBLE. ONE THING I NEED FOR THE JACKSON FAMILY TO KNOW OUR FAMILY HIS BEHIND YOU 100% TO THE END. A TRUE JACKSON FAN FOR LIFE

iwannaknow

tellit.... tell me more about all of this. I didn't know he bought Katherine all that stuff. that was ashamed what they did to him taking all of his hard earned money. MJ even said once that joe flat out asked him for $500,000! MJ whined that he could not go on supporting them for the rest of his life.

Texasgirl

The kids are welcome at my house any time! I have 6 grandkids that would give them a run for their money!

Susan

Oh please.....the cameras were running. This is the same woman who accused her brother of being a child molester to line her own pockets.

407. Bubbles has no friends either, he's in an animal sanctuary in Florida. LaToya went to visit him last month, they did a special for "Animal Planet" channel on Tuesday, June 22, 2010.

I felt so bad for Bubbles and LaToya was crying her eyes out. It made me cry, she must miss her brother so bad.

Posted at 7:04 AM on Jun 23, 2010 by sc341

Susan

How does someone like Paul McCartney, who is one of the most famous people in the world bring up normal children? He made them be normal...made them go to normal public schools, they worked odd jobs while going to school. They didn't get rolls royces. And he has four normal children. He would do the same thing with his fifth small daughter, if he had his way against his ex. Michael made these children on oddity, as he made himself, isolated them as he isolated himself, and by design, made his and their public appearances a happening. These children were brought up in a pretend world that he created. Hopefully getting these children into a real school will make a difference, but Paris and Prince may already be too old to change and make a difference. For their sakes, I hope it isn't.

Michaels Ramona

They may have friends and lost communication. Michael was good at keeping them involved with children of what friends he had. There are pictures. But its funny how he was faulted for having children around him before. And now that he has kids of his own people are aking where are thier friends? Who was at their parties?

You are not always gong to have friends in moments of your life. I'm glad they have friendship in each other.

DAustin

Moms and grandmoms know best. I have great empathy for the kids. I will miss seeing Michael too in the media. I recall the little boy beating on the bongo drums at the talent shows (before he started singing- career v.s. childhood). The kids do not need to grow up without friends their age like their father. Gary native DAustin

Kim

Um..okay? This article seems to have come from somebody's ass because the Jackson kids do have friends and they are doing okay all things considering.

If Paris wants to remember her Dad in her way then let her I say. This story makes me wonder where TMZ get their information from? I'm sure it's not from the Jackson family themselves.

ohwhat!!

i feel it.. its so hard for them to lost michael...
its so heartbreaking to read those words from paris...
i miss you so much michael...

janicebyrne

Katherine's children had no friends either. Her children were not allowed out to play with other kids in case they were a bad influence. Her children only ever had each other. Maybe she has a selective memory and has chosen to forget that fact. I wish Michael's three beloved children all the very best for the future. He gave them a good and loving start in their lives so I hope they can continue his legacy.

Annelies

The world can be DANGEROUS en BAD and eventhough THEY DON’T REALLY CARE ABOUT US we should al stick together and HEAL THE WORLD just like he did! Now sHE’s OUT OF MY LIFE and absolutely GONE TOO SOON we must not give up. Wouldn’t it be a THRILLER if we are all able to take a look at the MAN IN THE MIRROR and KEEP THE FAITH in HUMAN NATURE! WHY? Just remember WE ARE THE WORLD and we are INVINCIBLE. YOU ARE NOT ALONE! #RIPMJ #rememberingMichael

Sue

Eh Magnolia:
BITCH!!! Do some F**CKING research!He's passed and he was a father,so shut the F**CK UP.

Mary in CO

I totally believe MJ was misunderstood. Katherine is a trooper and he loved and respected her dearly. Missing MJ forever.