Katherine Jackson: Michael's Kids Have No Friends

6/20/2010 3:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0620_katherine_jackson_bookKatherine Jackson says Michael Jackson's kids are isolated and miss their father desperately ... this according to her first interview since MJ's death.

Katherine tells the Daily Mirror, "They don't have any friends. They don't go to school, they have private lessons at home -- but that will change in September, when they are due to enroll at private college."

According to the interview, the kids spend hours listening to their dad's music.

She says Paris has turned her bedroom into a shrine to her "Daddy" and that Prince and Blanket talk often about trying to make him proud.

Katherine says she wanted to decorate Paris' room with pictures of flowers or ballerinas -- but "Paris went into a closet and she brought out seven or eight pictures of Michael, and she told me, 'No, I want daddy hanging in my room'. So she goes to bed looking at him and wakes up looking at him. She said, 'I always want to be able to see him.'"

Michael's mom goes on to say Paris is the most musically-inclined of the three and that Prince wants to produce movies.

This new interview comes days before the anniversary of Michael's death ... and in conjunction with a new book Katherine is selling (pictured above) containing pictures and Katherine's memories of Michael.

She says, "Michael was so misunderstood ... I treasure my memories of him and wanted to share them with his fans in my book. I remember when he brought gifts for me -- a watch, a necklace and a ring. I'll never forget how he smiled when I opened each one. He was so generous. I want the world to know that real Michael Jackson -- a loving person."

MJhugefan

OMG I cried my eys out when I read this.Thank you so much Kathrin and we all know that Michael was misuderstood even though there are few ignorants that dont want to admit that.

James

I have nothing but pity for these children because they will never have a normal life with normal relationships and normal friends. Never. It's almost foolish to try, because these kids are rich and people are going to be on them all of the time, mostly people from their own family. It's best if they just shut up and lay low for a few years and let the media and the paps find other targets. Why would Granny Jackson would give this interview? Except for a paycheck I cannot see any positive reason for blabbing about her grand-children's personal issues? Can't these people just shut up?

KimberlyJean

Thanks Phantom. you got me crying!

mariam

I want to applaud Madonna, Jane Fonda and LJ for their honest comments. Comments coming from stars themselves.

huhuhu

MJ's kids are not speichal than others. when they r at school, i bet many kids will think who weird they r and the whole Jackson family are. even MJ's parents and siblings betrayed him and cause drama. they would ask them "why your dad bleached skin? why he love playing with kids? why your grandpa and uncles like leech. why your cousins with diffierent uncles have same mama.
good. let them go to school. they will know how weird the Jackson family are!

mariam

Dear Katherine,
You are highly respected and admired and we know where you are coming from. You are doing a wonderful job and Mj would be proud. Dear kids I wish you love, strength and wisdom in a world that is cruel and evil. I hope you get the respect and peace your father always wanted. My advice is stay out of show biz and you'll be happy. Being a celebrity can kill you sometimes and thats what happened to MJ. I just can't get over the fact that he is really dead. Katherine please tell me he is fine and hiding somewhere and thats all I want to know.

Mike

Just more proof that Michael Jackson was a horrible father. The only difference between him and Joe was that Michael didn't beat his kids up. Good luck raising those poor children with the damage that has been inflicted on them by that horrible family.

WTF?

Katherine is overrated. This is wrong in my opinion. How much did she get for that interview? Certainly wasn't free. I'm sensitive to the elderly but this is foolish. How sad that nobody in his life including his own mother cared enough about him. I feel sorry for his children because they have to live with the dysfunction that the whole family denies to this day.

susie

@64

Amen to that.

snowcat

I feel so bad for these kids.They were isolated from the world because their father wanted to keep the safe,then they are thrown into a giant international spotlight when he passed away.

I am glad she is trying to get the cousins out of the house so Katherine can focus on MJ's kids.I also think it will be a good thing for the kids to go to school and make some friends and interact with non-Jackson people.

Love or hate MJ you have feel bad for the children and what they have been through in their short lives.

Missy

#124,they are not,get facts...I don't think Katherine gave this "interview" the daily mirror is a tabloid just like tmz!Tabloids always twist their stories!

mariam

Simon Flapjack
Your comment was full of discrimination. I'd like to set the record straight. I think they are lucky because they had african american grandparents. African American people are so kind and caring and they have genuine hearts not like others. So be careful when you play the race game.
P.S. I am not African American but can see the racial attitude.

Marie

The real Michael Jackson was not a pedophile who bought expensive gifts and medical care to sick children so he could have sex with them.That is what the media and the magazines and Tom Sneddon and Diane Dimond and Nancy Grace and Jordan Chandler and Gavin Arvizo and Jason Francia wanted you to believe about the king of pop.The real Michael Jackson is a loving and generous human being,eccentric and talented yes,criminal and dangerous no.MJ loved children and he would kill himself just to protect one.So why did the media portray him as a monster?Because bashing Michael Jackson made them a lot of money back in the days.Now that MJ is dead, the media does not dare to slander his name because the people are fed up with the lies.

NeverMind

"121. ...African American people are so kind and caring and they have genuine hearts NOT LIKE OTHERS...".

Dear mariam,
That is a racist remark.
Just setting a record straight... LOL