Dr. Conrad Murray: The Strip Club Story is BS

6/23/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A rep for Dr. Conrad Murray's defense team tells TMZ Joe Jackson's lawyer is flat-out wrong when he claims Dr. Murray was drinking at a strip club hours before Michael Jackson died.

0622_murray_strip_club_EXy

TMZ broke the story ... Joe Jackson's lawyer, Brian Oxman, has served Murray with legal papers as a prelude to a wrongful death lawsuit.  In those papers, Oxman claims Dr. Murray was at Sam's Hofbrau -- a strip club -- on June 25, 2009, prior to treating Jackson.

The rep for the defense team tells TMZ Dr. Murray was not at a strip club when Oxman claims, nor was he there the night before.  As the rep put it, "In the weeks before Michael died, Murray barely had time to take a shower."

The rep also says Oxman got it wrong when he claimed Dr. Murray was drinking, because "He does not drink."

As for whether Murray has ever frequented the club, the rep did not know one way or the other.  But one of the waitresses at the club tells TMZ Dr. Murray was at the club sometime in June of last year.  A stripper who works at the club tells TMZ she vividly remembers the night before Michael died because she's a big MJ fan, and says, "It was dead that night.  Dr. Murray definitely was not there."

The club's owner tells TMZ ... at least twice in the last 6 months, a private investigator came to the club and asked various employees a bunch of questions about Murray and if they remembered seeing him at the club.

Interesting note -- we're told Quentin Tarantino liked Sam's Hofbrau so much, he used it in the movie,  "Jackie Brown."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Darlene

He was drinking BECAUSE HE WAS QUILTY!!!!!

Lee lee

I may be wrong, but did I read somewhere that Michael called Murray to his home after midnight because he could not get to sleep??

Perhaps Murray wasn't expecting to work, and this is why he may have been at the club.

Believe me .. I am no fan of Murray, but Can someone fill me in on this??

MINTMEDLEY

>>>Tellit - you seem to be a former insider into the Jackson family and sound a little bitter... tell us more...

mary

Lee Lee, fans at the
house every day say Murray
started coming there for the
final two weeks.
Something was going
on tho, cos at the same time the
security detail was doubled
and tripled.
I wanna know WHY TMZ are trying to
paint Murray as a Mr. Nice Guy?
What's in it for them?

pam

#80 Mimi,
thank you for your calm comments but i am really angry. murray is going to get away with murder. harvey levin is trying to sway the public to like murray. that really pisses me off. i used to think harvey was funny and cool now i know he is just bought & paid trash talk. I WOULDN'T BOTHER KILLING MURRAY ONLY BECAUSE I WOULDN'T WANT TO SPEND TIME IN PRISON. murray is not worth it! i might have actually felt sorry for the guy if he would have just fessed up to killing MJ accidently. i am beginning to believe AEG is really involved in this cuz who else would be paying murray and who is paying TMZ? I do hope someone who wants to become a household name does kill murray as that is the only justice we

will ever see in this case. DO YOU REALLY THINK MJ WOULD WANT THIS PIECE OF HUMAN **** TO WALK AFTER TAKING MJ AWAY FROM HIS KIDS?

harvey levin started a campainge to destroy lindsey lohan to get the judge in her case to throw the book at linsey. it worked. the judge thought she had to save face after all the bs harvey was stating on tmz on a daily bases. nicole richie did the same thing all she got was another year of probation. i didn't see harvey trying her case on tmz. tmz needs to wake up the fans made em and can break em!!!

IF YOU AGREE THAT TMZ HAS A MASSIVE PR SPIN GOING FOR DR. MURRAY PLEASE POST, POST, POST TELLING TMZ TO KNOCK IT OFF.

KennyB

I agree with pam. connie murray is going to walk thanks in big part to TMZ Harvey Levin. Harvey how much is AEG paying you? Please tell us.

Pam you can state your comments as long as you don't go over the line legally and threaten murray. I would like to know what is wrong with the people in CA all your tax dollars going for murray. Murray needs to plead guilty and not cost the tax payers millions. Show some respect Murray and save people from millions in taxes for your guilty ass.

Mimi

82. Pam I know you are angry, so am I and I do agree with you and #83. KennyB as well. I don’t want to see Murray walk either. He deserves to be put in jail for what he did to Michael. I also believe that in some way AEG and others had a hand in Michael's death. Hopefully it will all come out during the trial. It is a shame that the taxpayers of California yet again will be footing the bill for a guilty defendant.

Yes, Harvey has put a positive PR spin on this and I for one hope to h*ll it has no effect on the Judge in this case! I have posted every time that I can and will continue to do so. The BEST place to post our disgust towards Harvey & TMZ is in the question section of TMZ live. They pull those posts off and READ them.
With any luck they will keep count

JAMES LAKOVISH

i have been to this place several times, its in a interesting neighborhood, not too far from the hotel where, RICHARD RAMIREZ, THE NIGHT STALKER , stayed, if any one wants to see what it looks like inside, rent the movie, KILL BILL VOLUME 1, THEY FILMED PART OF THE MOVIE THERE, THEY HAVE ALSO VILMED SEVERAL MOVIES THERE

lakovish

have been to the place many times, interesting neighborhood, if anyone wants to see what the place looks like inside get the movie ,KILL BILL volume 1, they shoot part of the movie inside, they have done a lot of movies in there. also it a couple of blocks away from the hotel where richard ramirez stayed, he was THE NIGHT STALKER

jamie

i think dr. murray is a magget mouth lier and a murderer and is full of bull**** read this murray ha ha

mspaap

Nothing this homicidal scoundrel does would surprise me.
In my opinion he is among the most remorseless and cruel individuals living.

mspaap

Murray should take Shannon Price out for a drink. They can discuss how they will write a book about famous men who died after trusted them.

Reba

CONFUSED! DAMM, how long does it take to get the information you need to find out what really happened and all of the facts? I mean, this is ridiculous! What kind of law enforcement is really enforcing the law to investigate? Joe Jackson is not the criminal here - BUT someone or somebody IS..CAN the law enforcement just answer ONE question? When, WHEN are they going to investigate this horrible crime to the T, the way it should be investigated...There are definitely a few if not more haters out there....And they do not like being confronted..

mikaelch

nice article keep up the good work

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6