« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

6/23/2010 1:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Holy crap -- did you see the unreal goal Landon Donovan and the U.S. soccer team pulled out in the 91st minute of their match with Algeria!?!?!? It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0623_donovan_gallery
On to the next round ...

USA! USA! USA!
0615_soccer_studs_300

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Monica

gitRdun: What the hell does the USA know about futbol? It NEVER caught on in this country!!! The only ones that are absolutely great are the Latinos and Europeans and and a lot of the other countries, in other words, most of the world, but not the USA, PLEASE!!!

Myriam (Paris, France)

Thank you so much to my US friends for winning !! We were praying for that !! This is the Marshall plan number 2 ! You saved our honor as we are fed up to deal with north african people outside and inside the french team. We do not share the same values, nor the same believes in. I am sorry for the US supporters that haven't been able to celebrate their victory in Paris as these people (algerians) fight and burn the cars everytime they lose or win.. It is even worst when they win. Hope the US team will win the World cup. The guys deserve it, thanks again !!!

ChorizoSupreme

Soccer is a fun sport to watch, but I have to say that every World Cup that I watch I get disappointed by the lousy officiating. Compared to other sports, soccer is the worst when it comes to lousy referees. I remember how Spain was robbed in 2002 when they played against South Korea in the quarterfinals. Spain could have won the Cup that year. It is absolute crap how bad calls are never overturned and winning teams have to swallow the bad calls and lose.
Also, those saying that the U.S. was lucky to qualify for the World Cup are full of crap. The U.S. won 1st place over Mexico, and Honduras, in the CONCACAF qualifying group. I'll admit that Mexico could have won the group if they didn't have a slow start, but even so the U.S. won the top spot.

pink floyd

booooooooooooooooooooo

ellie

FIFA World cup 2010 is AWESOME for educated, intelligent people from all over the world that grew up with futbol, that know and appreciate the game. Howoever, I agree with the various other persons opinions, this is not for the United States. They do not know, and do not appreciate this sport. INCREDIBLER WORLD CUP!!! Hello from Berlin!

nick

WHO GIVES A FCK ABOUT LAME BORING SOCCER WHEN THE COLLEGE WORLD SERIES IS GOING ON...FCKING TOOLS IN THEIR PAJAMAS RUNNING AROUND WITH THE SOUND OF MOSQUITOS IN THE VOLUME OF THE TV--TO WATCH A 0-0 TIE BRING FKING GAMES. PSSY SPORT.

Lily

The amount of ignorance in these comments is astounding. Stop being so intolerant about something so insignificant. I think American football is the dumbest, slowest sport ever created but I won't bash it and its fans like they personally insulted me. Those who think USA can beat Brazil are seriously delusional, in fact, any South American team can send the Americans home (maybe except Paraguay).

Trish

With me its.

Football: American…Redskins fan.

Nascar: Yeah I'm Southern.

Hockey: My Capitols fail.

Football: Everyone else's.

Basketball and Baseball…Basketball i played in a Rec League but I just dont care for it.

Mrs. MJ

Go team USA. For all of you saying that the US cannot beat Brazil are delusional, every team is beatable on any given day.

I am from England but live in the US and I think the US have out played England from the kick off. At least the US don't give up, they have pounded the pitch until they have gotten the result they wanted. They have had 2 really bad calls made on goals but yet they keep plugging away. I for one will be routing for both my teams but I'd put my money on the US winning their next game and England going home.

And for all you non-soccer fans, I know it's kinda hard to sit and watch a game for 45 minutes straight x2, but personally I would rather watch 22 fit, good looking guys running around the pitch with the game ending 0-0, than a bunch of fat lard asses playing for 30 seconds followed by a time out and 20 minutes of commercials anyday.

Also, if the US are the only team that call "football" "soccer" then how come the Australian team are known as the "socceroos". Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Laker

All you "Soccer is stupid" folk are typical close-minded, arrogant Americans. Go the F back to watching your The Bachelor or whatever crap it is that you fill your minds with. Soccer/football is the biggest sport in the world.

Jacqueline

USA!!!USA!!!!!!!USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO DONOVAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boring match until we actually scored though. But... USA!USA!!USA!!!!!!!!!

lea

welcome to the first world of football, american !!!

José Ferreira

No war please, after all, Brazil will be a champion and you'll be crying again! ha ha ha.

Anthony

TO BRA-SILLY (BRAZIL),

first of all dont bash America, next you guys havent won the Cup yet and didnt last time. i am a 1st generation AMERICAN of ITALIAN decent. Last time I checked ITALIA (AZZURRI) won and ARE defending champions so SILENCE PLEASE!!!! i am rooting equally for both of my teams. Now to stick up for the US here, like you said we have other sports. we have 4 sports bigger than soccer here. Just imagine if our BEST athletes ALL played SOCCER! We would be a WORLD POWER in the game. BUT our best athletes DONT play the game so we put on the field whats left and still do OK. I am quite happy with our boys here, not only did they win the group BUT they also beat the BIASED 3rd world refs of FIFA. ROBBED of not 1 but 2 game changing goals, GREAT JOB BOYS! NOW TO YOU=Brazil is a 3rd world country and like other 3rd world countries in the world, they are POOR and not like the US and others. All these 3rd worlders have is a coconut or if they can pool money together get a ball. i aint this mean but you bring it out of me. All 3rd world countries in this tournament PUT OUT THEIR BEST ATHLETES CAUSE SOCCER/FOOTBALL IS ALL THEY GOT, as I mentioned above. In the US we ACTUALLY put our kids in hockey camp=loads of money to play and loads to buy equipment. same with football (american). YOU SEE MY POINT??? you guys are not as developed as non-3rd world countries and ONLY have soccer. I can go on but i dont want to get too mean, but if a non-american comes to an American site and starts talking crap I will say the truth. Watch the movie Invictus and hear the line that originated in South Africa "Football is a gentlemans game played by Houligans, Rugby is a Houligan's game played by Gentleman"
GET ALL I SAY????

Kim

I don't see any relation of third world or second or first world to football here. It's a game where the ball rolls and when it rolls it makes people go crazy wherever in a rich or poor country. Wait to see who play the best who win. After all, thank god it's just a game, not war.
Have to say, some Americans are cute, some are not, like others. Human!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments