Joe Jackson's Wrongful Death Lawsuit

6/25/2010 7:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: The wrongful death lawsuit has been stamped by the federal clerk.

TMZ has obtained Joe Jackson's wrongful death lawsuit against Dr. Conrad Murray that Joe's lawyer, Brian Oxman, will file today -- Joe asks for unspecified damages in connection with the death of Michael Jackson.  And, the lawsuit lists Katherine Jackson and Michael's three kids as "nominal" plaintiffs.

0625_joe_jackson_doc_launch_EX

The lawsuit does not name AEG, though Oxman has alleged the company that produced "This Is It" was at least partly responsible for Jackson's death.

Oxman does not explain what he means when he lists Katherine and MJ's kids as "nominal" plaintiffs.  He clearly does not have authority to sue on behalf of the children.

According to the suit, "Mr. Jackson believes there are other parties responsible for Michael Jackson's death but has not yet gathered sufficient information regarding their potential liability or responsibility."  The suit says the complaint will be amended when sufficient info is gathered.

TMZ obtained a copy of the complaint, which will be filed in federal court this morning. In the complaint, Joe alleges Dr. Murray withheld vital information from the doctors and EMTs who were trying to save Jackson's life -- information that he had administered Propofol.

The complaint -- much like the intent to sue document TMZ first broke -- states that Murray tried to "clean-up the scene" before EMTs arrived.

Something new ... Murray told cops he was monitoring Michael when he gave him Propofol with a pulse oximeter, which measures the level of oxygen in a patient's blood.  But according to the suit, when police searched the scene, they found the oximeter "in the closet in the next room."

The complaint alleges Dr. Murray felt he could change his story -- from Jackson had no drug problem, to Jackson was addicted to Propofol -- because he kept no medical records, as required by California law.

The complaint alleges Joe Jackson has suffered more than $75,000 in damages, the minimum amount required to get jurisdiction in federal court.  The case was filed in federal -- not California court -- because Dr. Murray's residence is outside the state.

The suit claims Dr. Murray administered a "polypharmacy" of drugs to Jackson for months before his death.

Interestingly, Oxman does not allege in the lawsuit -- like he did in the notice to sue -- that Dr. Murray was at a strip club, drinking, hours before Jackson died.

The complaint says Jackson had a week pulse while he was being worked on at UCLA.  The strong intimation -- had Dr. Murray told UCLA doctors that Propofol was a factor, they could have taken steps to save Jackson's life.

And something else that's interesting.  It was widely reported that Joe Jackson introduced Michael to Dr. Murray in Las Vegas, after Jackson needed a doctor for his children in 2006.  But in the lawsuit, it says, "Defendants Murray, Acres Home (Murray's clinic in Houston) and Global (Murray's clinic in Nevada) solicited Michael Jackson to take care of his individual health needs."

And this sidenote -- When Jackson was taken to the UCLA Medical Center on June 25, he was admitted under the alias, Soule Shaun

roe50

I do not expect to have a good response to this post but I am not Happy with Karen Faye going on ABC!

ABC or Disney employs Martin Bashir. As Karen well knows that Do***entary was the beginning of the end for MJJ. Why would 3 of his closest friends partronize a station that employs the very person, by deliberate editing, started the Downward Spiral that MJJ went on.

Yes I do not his finacial woes' started before the trial but the trial is what made him have to re-finance all of his assessts and brought in all those unscrupulous people that were in MJJ's life.

All I can say Is I am upset with all of the Specials yesterday..& with 3 of MJ's best friends!

roe50

Now I remember why I stopped posting on this site . I guess I hit a nerve with some of my previous posts!

igotfleasfromtmz

this needs to stop being referred to as an overdose. This was a poisoning. When medical people play with drugs like this it is not an accidental overdose it is poison. Only healthcare professional would know how to do this and achieve these results.

electriczipper

168. Wow my post was edited to have typos' "New Low for TMZ" One word has ***** and The word not is in there and not "know" "I do know" I spell checked it and read 1st before posting omg!

Posted at 5:41 AM on Jun 26, 2010 by roe50

yeah I'm sure TMZ is out to get you,,please give us a break..

igotfleasfromtmz

Michael Jackson received the fatal dose of Propofol through an IV in his leg, and law enforcement believes Dr. Conrad Murray may have tried covering it up.
Dr. Murray told the police he administered only a very small amount of Propofol.
Apparently not only was a small empty 20ml bottle of Propofol found in the bedroom, but now reports indicate more was found in a secret compartment in a nearby closet that could be the key to the prosecution’s case. Several days after Jackson’s death, law enforcement found numerous bottles of Propofol in that closet, including a large, empty, 100ml bottle with a large tear in the rubber stopper
Dr. Dombrowski and law enforcement sources believe Dr. Murray may have connected the 100ml bottle of Propofol to the tube, and then either tried regulating the flow by eyeballing it or just letting it flow by itself … and Dr. Dombrowski calls either scenario “reckless.”

In addition to this latest revelations we must all remember that Dr. Murray himself told detectives at one point he walked out of Jackson’s room to go to the bathroom.

A 100ml bottle attached to the tube with contents emptied into MJ would be 40 times more Profol that Murray stated he gave the singer. At this point there has been no official explanation for the empty bottle in the hidden compartment.

This seems to be serious evidence against the doc. if it is true. Let us know what you think in the Speak Your Mind box below.

me

TMZ why don't you just change your name to MJZ, let it go already enough Michael Jackson already NO ONE cares!

roe50

yeah I'm sure TMZ is out to get you,,please give us a break..

Posted at 6:33 AM on Jun 26, 2010 by electriczipper:

Well I could care less about TMZ being out to get anyone never mind me but
1. I was sound asleep at 5 something this AM

2. I did not post it twice u get 1 email and verify that e-mail correct New Format? Well I had 1 email posted and then deleted it so how did it post twice and a minute apart.
3. I did not put *** in the word so how did they get there?

So zipper can u answer that?

Grump

Hey there Cher,

I also regret helping out with the whole TII, I am with you 100% about AEG and I for one will back anyone who wants to go after them and as far as Murray being the fall guy, I could careless what role he had. He knew what he was doing, I want to go back to the time Michael and his death, why an incontinence sheet was on the bed, speculated to catch fluids, perhaps blood?

I'm hoping Murray will eventually crack and say what happened.

JMO

SaraJane

To watch this ABC interview is truely heartbreaking, I couldn't help but get emotional listening to Karen & Mike Bush. He was hauntingly beautiful as Danger Baby said & I always saw that in him, & his eyes were truly the windows of his soul.

Last night, Halperins Gone too soon was on tv, I could not watch it all because I got so angry & if you read his book unfortunately I did last year, tore it up & binned it..then yes his ''so called'' do***entary is rubbish too, Demon Diamond gave her usual biased take & thats when I couldnt watch anymore.

Yesterday was a very sad day, all I want now is justice for Michael.

Grump

Hi SaraJane,

I saw you sent a shout out yesterday to a few of us, thanks.

I didn't get to see the ABC interview, I'm hoping they repeat them soon.

Shae

Hmmmm yet again....As I follow this saga on TMZ and other news(????) websites I am left with the feeling that all the inconsistencies being reported are almost if completely intentional. To me its all a part of the greater plan....whether MJJ's death is a hoax or the responsible parties are creating the confusion to muddy the water so no one can see whats really going on or what really went on......

Hell I may need some Propofol by the time all this sh*t comes to a head....I see why MJJ needed it just to get away from all this damn BS coming from every angle...

SaraJane

Hi Grump,

Its up on utube or just google it. let us know your thoughts on it

marcia

I watched a few of the MJ shows. Most of them reported pretty much the same things. I learned a few new things I hadn't heard. On Dateline Katherine said it was solely her decision to stop the children from wearing masks and scarves. Said she never liked it when MJ did it and thinks the bodygaurds are enough to protect them. Said Prince wants to be a director, Paris wants to be an actress and Blanket can dance and sing well.

It was interesting on 20/20. A reporter did a walk through of Neverland describing what was in each room while showing us pics, said MJ's favorite rooms were the family room and the kitchen. Said he liked to eat popcorn and candy and that the deep fryers were used frequently because he loved fried foods.

Also on 20/20 Karen Faye said there was no way MJ could have completed one concert let alone 50. Said he was sickly and in terrible shape and couldn't get through one song without stopping during rehersals. Said if you watch This Is It, you'll notice how they had to edit extensively, that's the reason why we see he's wearing different outfits while singing one song.

Also Ola Ray said that MJ was very playful and flirtatious with her while on the set of Thriller, which caused her to fall in love with him. Said that she would often be in his trailer and they would talk about everything like religion, music and why he couldn't date her. She said he told her that someone else on the set liked her a lot and he felt he would be crossing the line if he pursued her. However it didn't stop him from getting to 2nd or 3rd base with her according to a journalist from Vanity Fair that was on set who observed them. Ola Ray said that MJ wasn't that innocent at all and that he knew for sure what he was doing in his own little way. She also stated that some of his family members had set up a secret rendevous for her and MJ to meet in Vegas but sadly it didn't happen because of his death, insinuating that it was something recent not back in the day.

On CNN Tito said that there was no denying that his brother was the baddest dude to ever pick up a mic. (You go Tito! I know that's right!)

Also on CNN they showed Jermaine singing some of Michael's songs (It actually kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I just saw him, his face, his hair and heard his voice and I seriously had a bad reaction to it and I don't even remember what song he sang. Maybe it was Human Nature...I don't know, but I know I didn't like it.) He and Tito are for sure MJ was killed. They say they know who and what for but wasn't at liberty to tell what they think they know.

I saw that bitch Diane Dimond on a couple of shows. I swear she's still spreading lies and trying to run MJ into the ground. Doesn't this bitch know he's already there? She needs to give it a rest, for real. She was speculating about MJ's kids and I was glad when Rabbi Shumley shut her ass up. She was also speculating on the View talkin' bout, "well I don't really know for sure but what I think..." I'm like go to hell bitch and don't come back until you come at me with some cold hard facts. Damn I see why MJ never hesitated to cus her ass out. She said that when Michael saw her at his trial he made a gesture with his finger as to cut her throat, hmmm I wonder why?

tone

so i'm listening to karen faye and mj's suitmakers on 20/20, and it could not be clearer. everyone could see he was a walking skeleton and yet they just kept going, kept pushing him. it was all about the money that was on the line. shame on them. they know who they are! faye said that michael COULD NOT GET THROUGH A SONG in one go. the songs were start and stop. the songs we saw in 'this is it' are the result of some very good editing. that if you will notice, he is seen in five different outfits in one song, because that's how many bits had to be spliced together to come up with an entire song. she said he seemed to have lost about 15 lbs. in the last week he was alive. i mean, what the hell. no one wanted to see it. the man was dying in front of them and people looked the other way. one of his suitmakers said he was 'bone thin'. how COULD murray, a doctor, continue to administer that **** night after night (six weeks he had been giving him propofol) when he could clearly see his 'patient' was wasting away! go to hell, the lot of you. R.I.P. Michael. We Love You.

Posted at 10:50 PM on Jun 25, 2010 by danger baby
---------------------
I thought earlier on that you had belonged to the legionaires lounge club or at best playing devils advocate but it looks you have your eyes wide open now.
Last night I watch the Gone Too Soon, then turned it to other channels during the commercial break
Gone Too Soon was just too good that I had to keep going back. If I was around tonight I would watch it again.

tone

After looking up some of the medications in the Autopsy ( which were defined in an earlier post) there use with Mechanical Ventilation for lung support and in critically ill would make these drugs the standard of care if that were the case with Michael.
********************
Mechanical Ventilation
It can be used as a short term measure, for example during an operation or critical illness (often in the setting of an intensive care unit). IT MAY ALSO BE USED IN THE HOME or in a nursing or rehabilitation institution if patients have chronic illnesses that require long-term ventilatory assistance.

Propofol
Propofol is used for induction of anesthesia, having largely replaced sodium thiopental for this indication. Propofol is also used to sedate individuals who are receiving mechanical ventilation.
In critically ill patients it has been found to be superior to lorazepam both in effectiveness as well as overall cost; as result, the use of propofol for this indication is now encouraged whereas the use of lorazepam for this indication is discouraged. Propofol is also used for sedation, for example, prior to endoscopic procedures, and has been found to have less prolonged sedation and a faster recovery time compared to midazolam.

Lorazepam
Lorazepam is sometimes used for individuals receiving mechanical ventilation. However, in critically ill patients, propofol has been found to be superior to lorazepam both in effectiveness and overall cost; as a result, the use of propofol for this indication is now encouraged, whereas the use of lorazepam for this indication is discouraged.
WIKI