Joe Jackson's Wrongful Death Lawsuit

6/25/2010 7:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: The wrongful death lawsuit has been stamped by the federal clerk.

TMZ has obtained Joe Jackson's wrongful death lawsuit against Dr. Conrad Murray that Joe's lawyer, Brian Oxman, will file today -- Joe asks for unspecified damages in connection with the death of Michael Jackson.  And, the lawsuit lists Katherine Jackson and Michael's three kids as "nominal" plaintiffs.

0625_joe_jackson_doc_launch_EX

The lawsuit does not name AEG, though Oxman has alleged the company that produced "This Is It" was at least partly responsible for Jackson's death.

Oxman does not explain what he means when he lists Katherine and MJ's kids as "nominal" plaintiffs.  He clearly does not have authority to sue on behalf of the children.

According to the suit, "Mr. Jackson believes there are other parties responsible for Michael Jackson's death but has not yet gathered sufficient information regarding their potential liability or responsibility."  The suit says the complaint will be amended when sufficient info is gathered.

TMZ obtained a copy of the complaint, which will be filed in federal court this morning. In the complaint, Joe alleges Dr. Murray withheld vital information from the doctors and EMTs who were trying to save Jackson's life -- information that he had administered Propofol.

The complaint -- much like the intent to sue document TMZ first broke -- states that Murray tried to "clean-up the scene" before EMTs arrived.

Something new ... Murray told cops he was monitoring Michael when he gave him Propofol with a pulse oximeter, which measures the level of oxygen in a patient's blood.  But according to the suit, when police searched the scene, they found the oximeter "in the closet in the next room."

The complaint alleges Dr. Murray felt he could change his story -- from Jackson had no drug problem, to Jackson was addicted to Propofol -- because he kept no medical records, as required by California law.

The complaint alleges Joe Jackson has suffered more than $75,000 in damages, the minimum amount required to get jurisdiction in federal court.  The case was filed in federal -- not California court -- because Dr. Murray's residence is outside the state.

The suit claims Dr. Murray administered a "polypharmacy" of drugs to Jackson for months before his death.

Interestingly, Oxman does not allege in the lawsuit -- like he did in the notice to sue -- that Dr. Murray was at a strip club, drinking, hours before Jackson died.

The complaint says Jackson had a week pulse while he was being worked on at UCLA.  The strong intimation -- had Dr. Murray told UCLA doctors that Propofol was a factor, they could have taken steps to save Jackson's life.

And something else that's interesting.  It was widely reported that Joe Jackson introduced Michael to Dr. Murray in Las Vegas, after Jackson needed a doctor for his children in 2006.  But in the lawsuit, it says, "Defendants Murray, Acres Home (Murray's clinic in Houston) and Global (Murray's clinic in Nevada) solicited Michael Jackson to take care of his individual health needs."

And this sidenote -- When Jackson was taken to the UCLA Medical Center on June 25, he was admitted under the alias, Soule Shaun

Sunshine

It would be funny if Joe wins and then the lawyers for the estate swoop down and take the money away from him.
Eventually Joe is going to end up suing Joe.

Grump

- GO get'em Joe!

Michael Missing you Much....

Salutes to all fans and anyone else here for MJ and remembering his legacy!!

MiMi

HN

Did you get your rose?

MiMi

"Heaven Can Wait"

Tell the angels no, I don’t wanna leave my baby alone
I don’t want nobody else to hold you
That’s a chance I’ll take
Baby I’ll stay, Heaven can wait
No, if the angels took me from this earth
I would tell them bring me back to her
It’s a chance I’ll take, maybe I’ll stay
Heaven can wait
(Your beautiful, You're wonderful, I love you so)
You’re beautiful
Each moment spent with you is simply wonderful
This love I have for you girl it’s incredible
And I don’t know hat I’d do, if I can’t be with you
The world could not go on so every night I pray
If the Lord should come for me before I wake
I wouldn’t wanna go if I can’t see your face, can’t hold you close
What good would Heaven be
If the angels came for me I’d tell them no

sue

If he won, wouldn't all the money have to go to the estate?

Ghost

Trying for money anyway he can...what a S***BAG....

HumanNature

HN

Did you get your rose?

Posted at 6:47 AM on Jun 25, 2010 by MiMi

I have planted MJ's FAVORITE FLOWER, SUNFLOWER IN MY BACKYARD!!!

They are about to start blooming!!!

Tara

What I find interesting, is that the alias, Soule Shaun, has not been used before, that I heard of, for dr visits or medications. And if this name was just thought of at that moment when MJ was admitted, whoever thought of it was amazing. When you google the name, there are no exact matches. Does no one else in the world have this name? Or has this name, somehow been erased out of cyberspace?

MiMi

Ahhhh

Beautiful idea HN.

MiMi

From Lisa Marie Presley's MySpace Blog:

Thursday, June 24, 2010
"Sunshower"

The Song" Sunshower" by Chris Cornell says more than anything I could say...............

Claire

Hey MiMi, HumanNature,
I just got back from knock cycled 14 miles lol I said a prayer for Mjs kids and family and for all his fans!

janicebyrne

By all means sue Conny for wrongful death but any money received should go to a charity of Michael's NOT old Joe wallet.

mj fan forever

I have planted MJ's FAVORITE FLOWER, SUNFLOWER IN MY BACKYARD!!!

They are about to start blooming!!!

Posted at 6:55 AM on Jun 25, 2010 by HumanNature

Well, you would have had to hear it to say by him personally at least (instead by a volgar slut).

mj fan forever

47. I have planted MJ's FAVORITE FLOWER, SUNFLOWER IN MY BACKYARD!!!

They are about to start blooming!!!

Posted at 6:55 AM on Jun 25, 2010 by HumanNature

Posted at 7:06 AM on Jun 25, 2010 by mj fan forever

Correction: vulgar slut and not "volgar"

Butterfly

LOVE AND MISS YOU MJJ

Don`t forget his wonderful smile