Michael Jackson Monument Unveiled

6/25/2010 6:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

This is the tombstone-like memorial of Michael Jackson which Katherine Jackson helped unveil earlier today in their hometown of Gary, Indiana.

0625_king_of_pop_memorial_michael_jackson
RIP, King of Pop.

Deanna

There is a web addy at the bottom of the stone? Why?

kcv

I would like to think, I would be happy if I had ANY kind of memorial dedicated to me. However, I would also like to think I'd be ticked that there was a website advertised at the bottom!!!! I've never seen that on any memorial! I love Michael and I pray he's at peace. I hope he's not rolling in his coffin at some of the psycho stuff his family is doing...the memorial looks a little cheap. It seems they have no problem spending his money, why not put some into upgrading the font at least.

Jimbo Jones

They spelled "goodbye" incorrectly!! Doh!

sue

61- hey fpic, that is exactly what that is i have that cover and that is on the front of the cd, of dangerous. i am not sure what all that other stuff may be it looks like alot of shadows to me..sue from tampa

HumanNature

LONG LIVE THE "KING OF MUSIC"

MJ's LOVE = WORLD WIDE LOVE

(( LOVE HUG ))

Jdawg

She should get her money back and get decent one,This one looks cheap and disrespectful.

Time

20. I have to agree. The quality and caliber of this "memorial" should not even be associated with Michael Jackson. Blanket could have produced better lettering. Yes,it does look VERY CHEAP AND VERY GHETTO.... Yes, I said it and I'm black.

Posted at 3:02 PM on Jun 25, 2010 by Noel

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

STAMP!! what a mess, only katherine and joe could be involved in this. thankfully these two are not in charge of MJ's estate.

mysteria333

PAY ATTENTION, IN THE HOTEL IN BERLIN MJ SAID HE HAS FOLLED EVERY FAMILY MEMBER INCLUDING HIS MOM. MJ ALWAYS SAID HE WAS AN ILLIONIST. HE LOVED MAGIC. HE ALWAYS MADE HIMSELF DISAPPEAR AND REAPPEAR IN HIS CONCERTS. AND HE MORE THAN ANY ONE ELSE DESERVED SOME PEACE AND NORMALCY. HE HAD 2 LOOK-ALIKES THAT WERE ALMOST HIS IDENTICAL TWIN. AT HIS 2005 TRIAL, DID YOU NOTICE HOW HE WAS SUDDENLY SHORTER AND HIS FACE WAS MORE ROUND YHAN LONG, AND WHEN HE WAVED HIS FINGERS WERE SHORTER SUDDENLY. DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT THE MJ WHO PUT HIS HAND OVER THE CAMERA MANS CAMERA, WAS THE SAME MJ THAT INITIALLY APPEARED AT THE TRIAL? IS'NT ANY ONE PAYING ATTENTION? MICHAEL YOU DERSERVE SOME PEACE AND JOY. I WOULD HAVE DONE WHAT YOU DID EVEN SOONER. YOU ARE PURE IN HEART AND WHEN YOU REALLY DO DIE THE GATES OF HEAVEN WILL BE OPENED UNTO YOU. I SHALL PRAY FOR YOU ETERNALLY AS LONG AS I BREATHE. AND I WILL PRAY FOR YOUR BODY DOUBLE FRIEND WHO BECAME ILL AND PAVED THE WAY FOR YOUR ESCAPE INTO PEACE. I LOVE YOU MY FRIEND. BE WELL AND KNOW JOY AND LAUGHTER AS BEST YOU CAN.....A TRUE FRIEND

mysteria333

dear ms annette i watched and listened to what you said about michael on tonights program gone to soon. and i must say you are a bafoon. how you can judge someone you've never met is beyond the scope of criminal. do you remember the verse. (judge not lest ye be judged) or (let he who is without sin cast the first stone) read your bible lady. in the mean time go some where sit down and shut up!!!!..ms. annette wethridge you should be ashamed. i will pray for you. also the alleged dr.judy kuranski were you there? did you see mj have all the surgeries in all the places you said he had NO !!! I CANT BELIEVE YOU ARE A REAL DOCTOR. thank my stars i'll never have to see you! if it was'nt for you and ms. ethridge gone too soon would have been a beautiful show. since you and her are authorities on every ones life. look in the mirror and check your own life out.

TSIG

What a disaster. The "Dangerous" album cover image at the top looks like a scary skull on first glance, the "comic" front is thin and weak-looking and the "mood" of it is inappropriate, and it contains multiple misspellings. All of this has already been noted by others. I'll bet Joe Jackson made a deal to get this for free if he allowed the gravestone website to advertise at the bottom of Michael Jackson's stone. Also, did they get approval from the estate to use these two images for this public stone? NOTE TO ESTATE EXECUTORS: When are you going to take legal action against both Katherine and Joe Jackson for their violations? One or two inadvertant mistakes on their part, okay, but this is getting out of hand now, and it cheapens Michael's memory. PLEASE STOP THEM. I hate to think of his parents being sued, but if that's the only thing they'll understand after repeated warnings, then so be it.

Awmy(:

Awww thts nice...... but not too psyched on the font it looks kinda creepy and done in a rush.... but idk its the thought tht matters

JLS

Be at peace now, Michael. We all love and miss you. Never forgotten....

JLS

That is not a web address you baffoons lol. It says NEVER CAN SAY GOODBYE but it's got an iron stand obliterating part of the words. Nothing is misspelled either LMAO. Sheesh! What a bunch of fools posting here ! ! ! !

JLS

You are also seeing the reflection on the monument itself. It's not bad looking at all. If you study the photo carefully, you can see it's granite and shiny - VERY reflective. All the words are spelled fine and it's nice. I think either you all just want to bitch about something or you aren't paying careful attention to the pic. The pic isn't very good! It's hard to take a pic of shiny granite.

Tellit

How Creepy!
Looks just like a homemade tombstone... dates etched by illiterate hands.
And Katherine authorized this? And copies of her new book were to be brought over to this memorial and set up/laid out for sale?
lmfao