Ryan, Redmond O'Neal Visit Farrah Fawcett's Grave

6/26/2010 4:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

On the one year anniversary of her death, Ryan O'Neal and son Redmond visited the grave of Farrah Fawcett at Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery yesterday.

0910_media_removed_Mel_Gibson
Redmond was granted special leave from the Pasadena sober living facility where he is undergoing court-ordered drug rehab.

The anniversary of Farrah's passing was largely overshadowed yesterday by the one-year anniversary of the death of Michael Jackson.

RIP Farrah.

EGGO

RIP....Michael Jackson.....we love you and we miss you

MissAnn

Farrah will be missed, but she was not Michael Jackson. I can't imagine the world (other than her family and friends) still grieving a year after her passing so of course her death is being overshadowed by Michael's, the man was a legend. And that's really trashy of you TMZ to take pictures of those two at her gravesite btw.

CHRIS

Good luck Redmond we are all rooting for you. And I really hope Mr. O Neal is clean also because if he isn't he's setting his kid up for failure. BOTH DO FARRAH PROUD

Me

Poor Farrah. Outshined by MJ who is responsible for his own actions and contributed to his death.

hung and dashing

Aw, poor little Farrah.
:O(
I always loved Farrah.
I think you can "manufacture" a star only to a certain degree. But what endures (if they endure) is that star's unique spirit. And Farrah's spirit clearly beamed as big and bright as her smile.
She was an artist and was simply the loveliest of people to me when I began my career. So gracious was she.
Real deal stuff.
Redmond ought to bleach his hair. He'd look like a rugged officer from the Alps then.
And who doesn't love a rugged military captain from the Alps?
:OD (Well, physically, anyway).

Silvie

I have to agree that this should be the top story of the day. A day of honoring legend Farrah Fawcett was much more important than all these other stories that will continue on and on for days to come. Redmond and Ryan are looking well and hopefully will continue to heal and stay well.

Woody McBrreairty

You can't see it clearly in this pic, but they left a giant F F om white orchids at Farrah's gravesite, I took a much better pic myself. Farrah loved publicity, she would love this pic - she's alone with her son & husband, but she always welcomed her fans (and the public) looking & listening in.FF lived to be a star - and she always will be

sw

I'm glad Redmond is pulling it together. Too bad Farrah wasn't around to see that.

Raejean

I agree that Redmond is starting to look like the son Farrah SHOULD HAVE HAD. I pray that he will be able to turn his life around and do her (and his father) proud. Good luck.

so over it

RIP Farah! I met you in NYC sometime ago as well as Michael. she was a classy lady and the photo is beautiful of Ryan and Redmond. Two angels are finally at peace. You are in God's hands now and you are safe :)

Bryan

Jill Munroe is legend.

Sensible Grandma

THIS IS THE RESPECTFUL WAY OF HOMORING A DECEASED PERSON ON THE ANNIVERSAY OF THEIR DEATH. I'M SURE MJ FANS ARE SINCERE BUT ALL THEY DID WAS CREATE A CIRCUS ATMOSPHERE.

Jo

Redmond needs to stay as far away from the creepy Ryan as possible, I'm just wondering if Ryan had a film crew there.?

Susie

#45, sorry you are wrong, very wrong. This picture was never on the top. I had actually been on the TMZ site when it popped up as number 4 on page one. I tend to read forward, and then page back and forth thru comments and refresh alot.

Also for all of you saying this was a photo op? Jeesushs Criminy! Of course it wasnt. An Op would mean someone would get paid for the pictures yes?
Whoever had a photographer there, it doesnt matter. The picture being posted here is for everyone to remember Farrah, just as everyone is remembering M.Jackson in 12 million posts and pictures.

But this as you call it "photo op" was to show two men sitting with the woman they loved so much and who helped them both grow up in this world, and stood by them thru thick and thin. This is one of the most beautiful pictures I have seen, and the first of Farrahs gravesite itself. Someone chose a gorgeous and flowery area for her to rest and for her loved ones to come and sit with her.

Stop blaming Ryan for a "photo op", its not that at all, he doesnt even look at the camera. He is seen smiling with his son over a memory of Farrah I am sure. I met Farrah, oh gosh back in the middle 70's when Charlies Angels was very popular. It was a luncheon thing, and I have to tell you she entertained everyone, and talked to everyone whether you were a star or not. She was TOTALLY NOT what I expected. When she wasnt in front of the camera her texan accent would cut lose and it was so adorable just like she was. So I can guarantee you these two men are thinking of the zillion of things that made Farrah, Farrah.

Silvie

I'm so glad that I was born with a compassionate nature. It would be awful to be burdened with a rotten disposition, jealous and hating on someone everyday. Wake up miserable looking for someone..anyone..to take out frustrations on. These sites are filled with those kind of people just looking to spew hateful comments. Nobody is perfect, we all have our trials and tribulations and go through life trying to find our way. RIP Farrah, long live your memory. Good luck to Ryan, Redmond and Tatum in their long path to recovery!