Chris Brown Breaks Down Crying During MJ Tribute

6/28/2010 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After about four minutes of some of the best Michael Jackson inspired dancing you will see, Chris Brown broke down crying on stage during the BET Awards tonight.

The waterworks start around 4:30 mark if that's what you're into -- but seriously, his dance routine before that was amazing.

He started crying right as he got to the "Man in the Mirror" portion of the medley. Coincidence?

0628_BET_launch_getty

CubanB

Woman beater. I guess BET supports violence towards women.

Horndog

... and the calculated image makeover of Chris Brown continues.

Laughing & Pointing

IT'S THE BET AWARDS.

IT MEANS NOTHING AND WILL BE FORGOTTEN.

NEXT!

marisa

its funny how these comments about chris were the same type of comments about michael during his trying times....

really?

So the estate allows Chris Brown to use MJ's image but not Katherine Jackson, his own mother?

strawberryburger

Well choreographed...including the tears. What an act.

Cathy

funny how the comments about forgiveness do not carry over to people who were actually Michael's family like La Toya, Jermaine, and JOE.

mel

the bible says let them who have not committed a sin cast the first stone. No one is perfect, this happened a while ago now and it's time for people to forgive. Charlie sheen threatened to kill his wife on Christmas day and CBS gave him a raise. Don't hate people, it's time to forgive and move on.

Cathy

mel, I'll remember and re-post your post above the next time someone rails on Joe, Jermaine, La Toya, or Katherine.

AH

Okay, I don't like him, but I will say he did a good job up until he blew it at the Man in the mirror part. He was out of breath and it didn't look like he was upset over MJ, just upset b/c he can't sing like MJ. He had just realized he will be a nobody from here on out and can only wish to be half as good as MJ. But I did NOT get the impression he broke down over MJ. Puhlease!

ohreally

lmao @ people thinking chris is crying for michael jackson

spare me.

Saddened

I didn't think the dancing was "amazing" - I've seen MJ impersonators do 10 times a better job than Chris did tonight.

I really would've loved Usher, or like Ne-Yo did last year with Lady in my Life, he rocked it.

Chris, lose 20 pounds & go see your vocal coach.

ray ray

there's no way that usher could have done those moves. i mean i don't condone what chris did obviously, but he was the only performer at the BET awards that could have pulled off the MJ tribute.

well people are people and he will always have his critics, but i think he did a fantastic job....

Phil

Michael Jackson would have been proud. Thats was an amazing performance. I think his emotion was real.

Keeping

I'm sorry but I'm 27, it's 2010...and I'm far too cynical to buy what he's selling. I wish him well...but no. Though I'm sure MJ would have been happy...but he was a very kind soul. R.I.P.