Chris Brown Breaks Down Crying During MJ Tribute

6/28/2010 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After about four minutes of some of the best Michael Jackson inspired dancing you will see, Chris Brown broke down crying on stage during the BET Awards tonight.

The waterworks start around 4:30 mark if that's what you're into -- but seriously, his dance routine before that was amazing.

He started crying right as he got to the "Man in the Mirror" portion of the medley. Coincidence?

0628_BET_launch_getty

amina

Chris Brown comes from a history of years of choldhood abuse. He watched his own mom get beat for years as a kid. He was so filled with rage he even told he mom he was going to kill his stepdad one day. I wonder why the media does not fucon on breaking the cycle of abuse instead of demonizng him ???

Jessica

That was the best Performance...next to Usher!!! But honsestly he id such an amazing job its time to put the past aside no one really gave him a chance to speak his side of the story...it was wrong but there are 2 sides to every story. She did wrong as well. Im glad he was able to preform he is the only one with the moves close to MJ and he should have done it last year!! Give CHRIS a chance!!! I feel he broke down because the meaning and the words to the song have alot to do with what he is going thru in life..he needed to make a change and get raggedy Rhianna out of his life she was holding him down!!

Taelyn

His tribute has nothing to do with Rhianna, I dont understand why people want to connect the 2. He has not said .. Hey look at me I loved Michael so I expect you to forgive all my past sins. You all are some insensitive Mutha Fukka's..
THIS.... Was about *MICHAEL JACKSON* His friend and Mentor.

Every song/performance before Man in the Mirror were Dance tributes, and I think he did an amazing job.
The final performance I think just was too much, He couldnt sing it, It was clear he was Crying and emotional and unable to sing the song and the tears were quite real.

It does not change what happened with Rhianna.. but that episode also does not mean this very young man is not capable of human emotion and feeling deep pain.

I thought it was a very good and heart wrenching performance by a young man who LOVED MJ.

Chellie

Hell, I thought he danced well, I think Usher could have done it better! He is still a woman beater!! If people "let-up" on him celebs will think it is ok to beat up on women/men!!

Enchanted

Chris you did your thing and we love you. We are so proud of you. Great performance, the best we've seen in a longtime.

mike

CHRIS BROWN HAS LEARNED HIS LESSON TRUST ME! THE EMOTIONS THAT TOOK OVER HIM DURING THAT PERFORMANCE WAS REAL. I REALLY BELIEVE HE WILL BCOME ONE OF THE GREAT PERFORMERS OF ALL TIMME. NO ONE OUT THERE IN THE BUSINESS IS AS TALENTED AS HIM. HE WAS WRONG HE PAID A PRICE BUT HE CANNOT CONTINUE PAYING FOR HIS MISTAKE OVER AND OVER. LET HIM MOVE ON WITH HIS CAREER.

Ciento

I'm sorry, it just looks like he's too winded after all that dancing to be able to sing and is out of breath so he's faking it in an effort to cover it up if you ask me....

Ryan

Strange, I thought he was going to sing "Beat It". Chris "Sock em up" Brown was pathetic before and now even more so for this calculated little PR move.

Aboldwoman

It really doesn't matter whether or not most of you feel as if this is a PR stunt or not. Fact is, Chris performed his ass off. That was perhaps the best performance that I have seen this young man do ever. Secondly, he was asked to perform this tribute--not Usher, not Savion Glover, not Omarion or Marques Houston. He is a perfomer and is used to and condition to dance while singing, and to sing after such an emotional dance. He broke down. The words to that song rang true to him. It was very heartfelt. Everyone in the audience felt it. You felt it true albeit you feel it was an true emotional response or a stunt. It's time for him to be able to move on and to get on with his life and his career and for everyone to allow him to move on. Graffti was a great album btw.

Lake

I don't think anyone has interviewed him (not that we'd know if what he said was true or not), but he looked like he didn't have the breath to sing. Anyway, it doesn't matter what was going on in his head; it was unprofessional. Suck it up and get the job done, that's what you were hired for (as for why he was hired for that, I have no clue).

Eric Davis

It just amazes me how people always have something to say when you're doing wrong, but it's always a problem when someone shows some sincerity or good. Who are we to judge anyone? If you really listened to the song and realized what the words are telling YOU it's enough to make you break down. Great job Chris and God bless you.

Ryan

Alyssa

I believe that Chris Brown’s tribute to the late Michael Jackson at the BET Awards, was oustanding. I mean he lost mentor, those tears were sincere. I understand, about what happened between Chris and Rihanna, but give him a chance. None of us were there to put the blame on him, there had to be something that happened to make him snap, like that. I do not support abuse on women, but there is always two sides of the story and no one wants to hear Chris’ side. I mean look at how Rihanna acts I love her music, but I dislike her as a person, because she tried to make all of this Chris’ fault, no one told her to look at his phone, she should have mind her buisness, in the first place. I will defend Chris Brown 100%, he desrves a second chance just like everyone else, and that night between him and Rihanna was blown out of proportion all because of her. Everyone should respect that performance he did at the BET Awards, because it was all about Michael Jackson that night. The people who dont’ think his feeling were real should be ashamed of themselves. RIP Michael Jackson, I miss you and love you.

Grump

779. In reading through some of these comments I love how all these little fans rush to make excuses for Beater Brown. Oh that was years ago, he's changed,he only beats women on Sundays now.It's as if to them he jaywalked or something.Look, just because he's a good dancer who turned out a few cutsie pop songs doesn't mean he's a good person. He also didn't just have a little slip up-beating and chewing on your girlfriend, even just once, makes you a s***bag.MJ was all about love and he's probably rolling in his grave after last night's debacle.

Posted at 2:21 PM on Jun 29, 2010 by Ryan

Love your first sentence! funny but true on a serious note.

Ambra

For goodness sake, you people need to leave Chris Brown alone, If Rihanna can move on YOU guys need to move on too,. She has a boyfriend he has a girlfriend and he's trying to start over so stop hating!!!!!!!Sheesh...

Previous 15 Comments | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments