Chris Brown Breaks Down Crying During MJ Tribute

6/28/2010 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After about four minutes of some of the best Michael Jackson inspired dancing you will see, Chris Brown broke down crying on stage during the BET Awards tonight.

The waterworks start around 4:30 mark if that's what you're into -- but seriously, his dance routine before that was amazing.

He started crying right as he got to the "Man in the Mirror" portion of the medley. Coincidence?

0628_BET_launch_getty

FrankieAL83

Too bad the tears were fraudulent!

I was there!

Let me clarify what happened.

Right before the "Man in the Mirror" montage rolled before the performance, the lights all went out (As I'm sure they aired on television). Well, he ran off stage for the 38 - 40 seconds between the last song and when the lights went back up for the performance, and as soon as the lights came on, he was already "Crying".

Well, a few of us with good enough views to the side (backstage door, etc) could clearly see since it was so well lit, and Chris was standing there, and putting what looked to be Eye Drops into his eyes.

Don't fall for this guy's tricks, he a fraud, and I can't believe some of the people there who KNOW WHAT THEY SAW are pretending to have not seen it. It's despicable.

Dany10

I am so tired of people bringing other people down. If you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all. Chris Brown did a great job and no one could have done it better and if you say usher or someone else you are one an idiot and two blind. Also he didn't cry because he was tried I don't even understand that.Anyways you guys are all dumb if you can't put last year behind. I swear we left that in 2009 this is a new year. Just because you hit One girl doesn't make you a women beater.If you guys would get your face out your a** then you would know that.

FrankieAL83

PS. I wasn't there. I'm copy/pating what the person in the video posted online.

kim

The One and Only:

Enough said.

Posted at 6:09 PM on Jun 29, 2010 by Grump

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/27/chris-brown-michael-jackson-tribute-dancing-bet-awards/52/#comments#ixzz0sJdtR9Z5

Hey Grump,
couldn't have said it better myself. Their is no comparison.

rip mj

FrankieAL83

Dany10, you're post is all kinds of incorrect.

1) Hitting ONE woman does make you a WOMAN beater, since a woman is...count 'em...one woman. Nobody said he's a "Women Beater".

2) A lot of people could have done it better, maybe none that they play on MTV or BET, but there are a lot of talented singers and dancers. Countless people who dance better than Chris, and countless who sing better.

It's pointless to make a list for you, because it's clear you only pay attention to what the radio tells you to like, and who MTV and BET pimp out. I bet you haven't one favorite artist or performer who isn't on the top 40s. There's music and dance outside of that crap.

I will say: Wade Robson, Evan Ross, Omer Bhati, Harry Shum Jr, etc.

Juke Box

Hi please tweet #ElvisandMJdotcom on July 5th at 2pm PT. :))

alex

f chris brown

tee

CHRIS BROWN IS A SORRY ASS MF! HIS CAREER IS OVER. NOBODY WANTS TO SEE HIS ATTENTION SEEKING ASS. HIS TRIBUTE PERFORMANCE SUCKED! BET SHOULD OF LEFT HIM OUT OF THE SHOW! HE IS JUST AN UGLY PERSON THAT DESERVES TO BE PUT IN THE CROWD NOT ON THE STAGE!

am1182player

everyone makes mistakes.Now its time to let him be the best superstar that he can be!

Dennis Johnson

Who cares about this woman beating POS.

V-4-Vendetta

Every tear Chris Brown cries is for some bitch he smacked.

ladonna

I believe his emotions were real and not all just do with Michael Jackson. I think it struck a cord with him that he really needs to make a change. That song hit home for me to make changes in my life, so I believe Chris was thinking of MJ and his own life.

M. Smith

It's funny how people do things in this world. Now back in the day Ike Turner beat the hell out of Tina but yet everyone still support his music. There are alot of famous people that have abuse there partners but yet don't get torn apart as much as Chris Brown. Wesley Snipes, Tommy Lee just to name a few, this young man made a mistake that I truly believe he is sorry for and people need to grow up and leave him alone.
I don't feel that what he did was good but according to previous stories she gave it to him to at times. Society is so crazy because shortly after that it was broadcast the Mary J beat her husband up in the club and nobody went in on her so is it okay if the woman is the abuser. I understand Jay Z being upset but I'm glad BET didn't allow him to dictate their show as you can see him nor his naked wife or Rihanna was missed at all. The show still went on and it was good. Chris Brown tribute to MJ was awesome in my opinion and I believe his breakdown was geniune, but a word of advice for Chris watch who you have around you because for the girlie Lloyd to come out and say he told you to cry was sneaky but thats a performer thats jealous of you because he don't have the following like you so its called stab him in the back. Because even if he told you to do that, I'm quite sure he told you in confidence.

Didy

Michael is alive!!!!!!! I think!!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU MICHAEL,I MISS YOU and beLIEve...

T Roy

...What's more interesting is how the BET Award show has had consistant below cellar neilsen ratings, and yet it seems as though every WHITE person and their mama was watching the show...this is the same for the "SoulTrain" Awards and every other Black Entertainment Award Special...What I find is that these Polls, Rating systems and most popular searches is a MEDIA PLOY to tell BLACK people they aren't significant in pulling in RATINGS and yet WE'VE always known better.....

Previous 15 Comments | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments