Chris Brown Breaks Down Crying During MJ Tribute

6/28/2010 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After about four minutes of some of the best Michael Jackson inspired dancing you will see, Chris Brown broke down crying on stage during the BET Awards tonight.

The waterworks start around 4:30 mark if that's what you're into -- but seriously, his dance routine before that was amazing.

He started crying right as he got to the "Man in the Mirror" portion of the medley. Coincidence?

0628_BET_launch_getty

VEL

CHRIS BROWN DID AN AMAZING JOB, I'M SO GLAD B.E.T GOT HIM TO PERFORM THEIR COULDN'T HAVE BEEN A BETTER PERSON, I FEEL THIS WAS CHRIS BROWN'S COMEBACK AND HE KILLED IT. HE HAS TO MUCH TALENT TO WASTE, EVEN THOUGH WHAT HE DID TO RIHANNA WAS HORRIABLE THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS TALENT WE DONT KNOW THE REAL STORY, THAT WHORE RIHANNA GAVE HIM HERPES. SHE'S AN NO TALENTED SKANK EVERYBODY IS ACTING LIKE THAT BITCH IS AN ANGEL. IT'S BEEN LONG ENOUGH HE'S PAID FOR HIS MISTAKE. I DONT SEE ANYONE TALKIN **** ABOUT CHARLIE SHEEN AND THE REST OF THOSE ACTORS THAT BEAT THE **** OUT OF THEIR WIVES AND ARE COKED UP DRUNKS, I THINK IT'S A RACIST THING. YOU PEOPLE REALLY NEED TO **** OFF YOU STUPID MISERABLE ****S. BIG UPS TO CHRIS BROWN YOU KILLED IT. THOSE TEARS HE SHED WAS REAL AND THE PEOPLE THAT ARE TALKIN **** AREN'T HUMAN AND ARE HEARTLESS!!

RRR

In this day and age of REALITY TV shows, I guess we have to ask if tears are "real." But my question is, "What do you mean by REAL?"

I saw the show, the tears looked real to me. Chris appeared to be break-down. Now, I don't believe Chris said WHY he was crying. So where does the questioning of their validity come in to play?

CHRIS MAY HAVE CRIED BECAUSE:
1. He was happy to be back on stage, he has been denied since his Feb. 2009 incident.
2. He actually thought about what the words in "Man in the Mirror" meant, and he felt some kind of way about it.
3. Chris danced too hard...and hurt himself...and charlie horses hurt..
4.His pants were too tight.
5.He was flustered after dancing so hard, and merely forgot the words to "Man In The Mirror."

...I mean I could go on and on. But there are plenty of reasons WHY Chris was crying. Who are we to judge?

My question is WHEN DO WE GIVE THIS KID A BREAK??

READ my story, tell me what you think: "WHY IS CHARLIE SHEEN BETTER THAN CHRIS BROWN?"

rj

Really? I to think this is honest? Did they even meet? Or is he just crying to get a comeback? Looking at the man in the mirror my ass, he wasnt singing when he was hitting the woman against the window haha.

trying2BeBetter

Ok I missed some of the BET Awards, why is it that BET will air every performance but Chris Browns’ performance on line?Has anyone else noticed, Are they serious.. If black media (Bossip, MTO, Michael Baisden, Tom Joyner,Steve Harvey etc) treats him this way we cant expect anyone else to cut him any slack..He didnt need to be prompted thats why he cried, he has been treated worse than a pedophile or serial killer, thats enough to make an elephant break down…People have unfairly singled him out and some of the “oh he can’t be on my show folks arent even consistant with it..Oprah (who banned C.B. but welcomed Mike Tyson (2 times), Naomi Campbell,Wesley Snipes, El Debarge ?? they all committed the same crime,, How is it other countries are banning him but allowing serial killers and terrorist to travel into their countries..really? I mean really? We have unfairly crucified him more harshly than his grown azz peers…what does that really say about us? I don’t see folks boycotting these “stars” who have all been accused/convicted of “allegedly” abusing their significant others or in some cases children; R. Kelly, Michael Jackson;Courtney Love;Ike Turner; Naomi Campbell;Jason Kidd; David Ruffin;golfer John Daly; El Debarge;Kelly Bensimon(Real Housewives of NY);Joe Budden; Aaron Hall;Bishop Thomas Weeks;Sugar Ray Leonard;Dr. Dre;Wesley Snipes;Darryl Strawberry;Ron Artest (LA Laker);Mel Gibson; Humphrey Bogart; Bobby Brown ; Def Leppard lead singer Joe Elliott, ;Liza Mineli & David Gest; Christian Slater; Miles Davis alleged abused Cicely Tyson;James Brown; B2K member J Boog;Charlie Sheen;Gary Coleman & Shannon Price ; former CSI actor Jonathan Togo and Gary Dourdan; Tom Sizemore convicted of *****aulting Heidi Fleiss; Ultimate fighting champ Tito Ortiz arrested for *****aulting GF Jenna Jameson; Corey Dillon (4x pro RB);Evel Knievel; Tracy Lawrence (country music singer); David H*****elhoff ; Rolling stone member Rockie Wood ;Warren Sapp; Bebe Winans;(But hey i guess if u can sing Gospel, take your team to the NBA championships or act on a popular crime show, we can forgive and forget and let you move on with your life) after reading this snippet of just a few examples many of these folks still have careers, are still celebrated regardless of issues in their personal lives & alot of these alleged abusers were alot older than Chris Brown,Chris Brown should not be held to a higher degree of accountability than any of these older men & women, I mean lets be for real, not one of us is without some sort of sin or stain the only difference is our lives aren’t constantly taped & photographed. Forgiving a man doesnt promote the act of what he did it promotes change, if people are never forgiven for anything they do then why would they ever want to change. what if this was your child? would you be so quick to write your own off? All I;m saying is ban and blackball them ALL or none at all, because crime is crime right?

Shanda

Chris Brown did an excellent job. Every one deserves a second chance so it is time to forgive and let him live his life. He has apologize over and over again. Even though I don't agree with what he did, he should not have to suffer for the rest of his life. I truly believe he is sorry for what he did. She forgave him so why can't we?

wet

if you have direct tv and you have the do***entary channel...they have a wonderful do***entary about michael jacksons 2005 trial...with original footage...it comes back on at 11pm est

dee1978

Listen ppl at tmz i would like for y'all to leave chris brown alone. he is not like oj nor like anyone else he is chris brown so just give him a break, listen its because of some of the things yall be sayin why ppl still f**kin with him like that punk ass ***** spencerlaubach!! chris brown is not done ur mom is lmfaooooooooooo @ u ***** stop poppin **** keep ur comment to ur ****in self...the only black bitch thats there so her own no love cause i surely know if it was one of her family memeber like ur brother u would of wanted them to forgive him right aint no one sayin its right to hit anyone but ****... if god could of died on the cross for all our sins why the **** we cant forgive CHRIS BROWN... i still love to watch TMZ

Cherwood

Time will Reveal 2.0........
Here's the thing,
I am no longer concerned with Chris Brown's performance on the BET awards:
Frankly, I'm not sure what possessed him to do a COMPLETE imitation of Michael's performances anyway. Chris is an entertainer in his own right. If he had to do a tribute, he should've taken a song of Michael's that had never been performed, and made it his own (Threatened, Who Is It, Morphine, Unbreakable.) A good example is when Neyo did "The Lady in my life" at last year's BET's and brought down the house, or Alicia Keys singing Prince's "Adore" this year--Now that was a performance!
As for the crying, real or fake it made no difference. Maybe it won him a few more fans, maybe not--the masses are so fickle. On that very night, he had a standing ovation and great crowd reaction DURING the performance. Could it be that reaction was primarily due to MICHAEL, not him? Probably so, because although he won the "Fanguard" award that night, when he was called to accept it, the applause was below fair, with a few screams peppered in...I felt a little embarassed for him...no MJ to hide behind in that moment...
Now for the real reason I'm here:
You guys realize that there is no such thing as someone being too young to be an abuser, or being excused because they were given alcohol, drugs, or even egged on by their victim, right? The law only sees that you hit someone maliciously and hurt them, REGARDLESS OF THE REASON. It scares me that some of you have run the posts up to the 800's talking about how Rihanna deserved it and how Chris had abuse in his home, etc.
MAKES NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER--HE COMMITTED A CRIME!!!
And for the record, let's not play the race card. This is not about black vs. white. Both Chris and Rihanna are black. Me and many others who call what he did criminal are black. Unfortunately, there was a survey done that gave such shocking results, I hate to repeat them but I will. The survey results stated that the average black woman thinks its okay to be hit by a man, that it's just a "fact of life."
Well, I'm black and it will NEVER be a fact of my life and it shouldn't be for anyone else. What parallel universe are some of you living in that you can say it's okay for someone to not only hit someone, but beat them within an inch of their lives?! And the scary thing is you know it goes deep with him because he didn't even remember it. Which tells me if it's not dealt with, it will happen again.
As for understanding his family life, that's a given, but it can't be used to cover for what he did.
As for the media covering his crime more than the average white male, it's a sad reality...then again, if the crime wasn't committed, there would be nothing for the media to churn about.
Should we consistently sit in judgement of him because of his crime? Of course not, but the fact is, his crime is what got him this type of media coverage in the first place.
There was a crime, there was admission of guilt, and there is justice.
As for Rihanna, I'm not a fan. While I give her and her team props for their marketing skills, I think her voice is amateur at best, and her look and "packaging" is what has gotten her where she is today along with a strong affiliation with Jay-Z, the so-called "King of Music"...at least in Rolling Stone's world. She is the epitome of the state of music today, 90%gimmick with no foundation.
However, she and noone else deserves to be beat and whether you love, hate or envy her, she should've been vindicated and was. Now, if she also beat Chris as some of you stated, then he should've filed charges against her also. Any abuser, male or female will probably do it again if left unchecked.
So please folks, this is very serious--think twice before you defend a known abuser. I hope to God that Chris has done this for the last time--he's forgiven for my part, and I hope he can restructure his career...but I also hope that in the future, he'll do it on his OWN merits, and not use Michael or anyone else to exonerate him in the public eye.
Nothing but time will heal these wounds--physically and emotionally. He has to accept that there are LEGIONS of abused victims out there who may never be able to forgive him, but as he has admitted to his crime, he will have to show his remorse in ACTION, not words....
Someone gave the perfect advice for him and I reiterate: The best thing is for him to completely disappear for a while--at least a year--and then come back, ready to rebuild his career...I wish him the best...
-Cher
No Peace till JUSTICE!!
MICHAEL--URMYLIFE4EVER!!!

amina

Coming from a history of abuse/childhood trauma is not an excuse to get out of punishment of course, but it may explain why such a calm, mild mannered non-thug could go into a rage. I suspect many teens who get into trouble at school and in the streets have similiar backgrounds and a lot of pentup anger as a result. This is something that is not often discussed in the Black community : the need for counsling after trauma. We are taught to "suck it up"
Considerig the older celebreties who have committed crimes, dui's have addictions etc. Brown is being deamonized to an extreme. I would like to see him discuss child abuse and how it affected him growing up in attempt to help other abused kids and moms who live in fear and maybe even go on Dr. Phil. Thia could be a great chance to help others.

amina

Harvey on TMZ seemed surprised to find people are ready to forgive Chris Brown and let him move on. No one on TMZ ever speaks harshly onother men/celebs who break the law (i.e.CHARLIE SHEEN)

jon

It is interesting that Harvey's comment shows he feel Chris should be punished for ever but does not condemn others like Charlie Sheen or other older celebs with repeat attacks /dui's.

Lonnette38

SHAY

OK WHO ARE WE TO SAY WE NEED TO FORGIVE CHRIS HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING TO US, THE ONLY PERSON HE SHOULD HAVE TO SAY SORRY TO IS RIHANNA AND HE DID JUST DROP IT PEOPLE ITS NOT A BIG DEAL. THE MAN PAID HIS DEBT, OH AND " HE WITHOUT SIN SIN CAST THE FIRT STONE". NOW THINK ABOUT THAT PEOPLE!!!!!
S.LEWIS

Jasmine

CONGRATULATIONS CHRIS! I absolutly loved the performance. No i do not agree with what you have done in the past to get yourself in trouble but you are still human and you are a great performer hands down. Im so sick of all these critics out here not believing that people deserve a second chance. I bet Half of the folks on here commenting are women beaters, wanna-be's and people who just have no nothing to do with their life. I would like for you people to get out here and try to out dance and sing chris! HA!

chris brown

chris brown had the best and greatest performance i m just sooooooooooo crazy about him he is a real staaaaaaaar

Previous 15 Comments | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments