Chris Brown Breaks Down Crying During MJ Tribute

6/28/2010 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After about four minutes of some of the best Michael Jackson inspired dancing you will see, Chris Brown broke down crying on stage during the BET Awards tonight.

The waterworks start around 4:30 mark if that's what you're into -- but seriously, his dance routine before that was amazing.

He started crying right as he got to the "Man in the Mirror" portion of the medley. Coincidence?

0628_BET_launch_getty

Just me

For all you people saying he's not crying b/c of Michael, MILLIONS of people have cried over MJs death and didn't even know him, but CHRIS KNEW HIM and KNEW HIM WELL!

Mike liked him a lot. He called Chris for his bday party (watch MTV Sweet Sixteen episode), stayed in touch with him and Chris was ON HIS WAY TO LA to meet with Mike, the DAY HE DIIIIIIED! So hell yes, he has EVERY RIGHT to cry about his IDOL's death! This kid has been paying tribute to Mike LONG before it was POPULAR to do so...long before his death. So stop speaking about things you are IGNORANT of!

Cammie

Most felons should take a page out of Chris book, go somewhere do a dance routine..then breakdown in tears..then you will be a forgiven, because of dancing and crying skills...

Blah whatever, but I have to admitted Chris is a "Smooth Criminal"

So, Rihanna Are You OK?
Are You OK Rihanna?
You've Been Hit By
You've Been Hit By -v A Smooth Criminal

lgwelsh1

Great performance, yeah he definitly felt it at the end. His mistakes in the past, his poor judgement. It all came home for him.
You know we all mess up at some point in our lives. Time to let it go and move on.

Cathy

I just don't think the tears were genuine. Sorry. I think it was all for publicity.

As for forgiving Chris Brown for beating Rhianna, well, that's not up to me. I assume though, that all those who posted about forgiveness also must feel very strongly that Joe Jackson should be forgiven. After all, Chris Brown beat Rhianna 2 years ago, but Joe beat Michael and the brothers 35-40 years ago! Surely enough time has passed to overlook Joe's "mistakes" as well.

Throwback kid

I think Chris Brown was crying for himself and his own lost glory. He now knows his career will never be what it could of been because many people will never forgive him for beating up a woman.

Eric

I Loved Chris browns performance ... he was a true Micheal Jackson fan and he really made sure he did his best on his one year anniversary. Chris really showed how much he appreciated a man who gave alot to us music wise. im blessed to know that he got to know Michael twice in his career... Chris keep your head up and god-bless you. we all do mistakes and you daily are earning your respect that keep up the good work

Chico

Posted at 8:55 PM on Jun 27, 2010 by marisa

*****************************************************

Great post. Very well said.

ella

everyone of you should leave chris brown alone,you guys all worst than him,you guys should let him be. the tribute was good,he performed very well. do you guys have a heart of forgiveness? leave him alone,let him be. its because the media has not caught up with you beating or assault your girlfriend. so because he made a mistake doesnt mean you guys have to crusify him.leave him alone. if you guys do not want to see the anger of God. leave chris brown aloneeeeeeeeeeeee

anonymous

Chris brown trying to sing MJ's "Man In The Mirror"? Good grief. Are you kidding me? He needs not to touch this song until he learns how to become a real man.

Juke Box

http://www.ElvisandMJ.com (#ElvisandMJdotcom) wow the dancing was great...

Robin

marcia

124. Which one of you clowns on here was nailed to a cross and died for all of our sins? Silence.... I thought so. Stop standing in judgement of this man. We all make mistakes and none of us fall short of sin. As long as he repents his sins to the "ALMIGHTY", then none of us can say anything. Awesome job, Chris. You had me crying, too.

Posted at 9:09 PM on Jun 27, 2010 by Robin
_______________________________________________________________

Amen!

my opinion

AMAZING PERFORMANCE by CHRIS BROWN

ray ray

61. Vocally speaking, Usher & Ne-Yo have much better vocal control & style on stage.

Chris Brown's performance was average. I've seen him do a little better an MJ tribute at the 2006 World Music Awards. Check it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pz-w5PYRPc . \

And even here, Chris sounds like SH&T. Dancing was good. Vocally speaking, awful. Chris couldn't match the notes & words - he had to skip words to catch his breath. The dancing was better, but then again, Chris was probably 15-20 pounds lighter than he is now.

Vocally speaking, Chris needs a LOT of help breathing. Usher & Ne-Yo got that and more.

I'm not hating - that's an honest critique (outside of the Rihanna drama, which is a totally different story.)

--------------------------------------------------------------

ne yo did his tribute last year and it sucked!!!! the bottom line is that chris brown is a better performer than both usher and ne yo... not necessarily better vocally but much more entertaining...

marisa

to #98. Im a performer. Not a huge scale like Chris but i can def relate. I performed a songin dedication to my grandpa that passed. I performed at his funeral and i didnt shed a tear (or even think to shed a tear) when I practiced, but on the day of, I couldnt even finish the song.