« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jennifer Capriati Hospitalized After Apparent OD

6/27/2010 9:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0628_jenn_capriati_getty_ex_04TMZ has learned former teen tennis star Jennifer Capriati was rushed to the hospital early this morning after paramedics responded to a call for a possible overdose.

Sources tell TMZ the call came from a hotel in Riviera Beach, FL. Capriati was transported to a nearby hospital.

TMZ spoke with Jennifer's father who tells us she's recovering well.

Capriati won 14 career titles, including three Grand Slams. She also won a gold medal at the 1992 Olympics.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

LRT

Riviera Beach..that is the hood....there is only 1 overnight hotel, the rest are by the hour...What was she thinking???

LRT

I am betting they took her to Columbia Hospital with the Phych ward attacked for overdoses..
very sad!

Kelly

Just because she ODed does not mean that she is back on drugs. Jennifer suffers from terrible depression. She had a shoulder injury a few years ago which required surgery. The surgery did not help. She desperately wanted to resume her tennis career, but her shoulder prevented it. She had a couple of more surgeroes, but nothing worked ... the shoulder is so bad that she does not have the mobility to play tennis. It was a horrible career ender.

She needs prayers ...

Lenn K.

Jennifer and Tiger have alot in common, they started out very young and there family depended on them for the income. People will say that Tiger's family had money but they rode him just like Jennifer's family rode her. Look at how these people go through life, it either drugs or sex or both. There missing something that money can't buy.

Lynds28

Remember watching Jennifer as a kid to me shes a tennis legend. Best wishes to Jennifer and her family at this time, hope she gets herself on the right track soon.

Mimi

I know her parents... let's just say she comes from a dysfunctional family [her mother Denise is really a piece of work!] and it's little wonder, being thrust into the sporting limelight as a child, she never knew normality growing up and has a hard time functioning outside the tennis world as an adult.

I wish her well...

Janet

I live in South Florida and live nearby Riviera Beach. Nothing good is in Riviera Beach. One of the most crime and drug ridden cities. Hope she gets well and seeks help.

denath

While I am sorry to hear about her unfortunate incident. I wonder if this has been someone else, would they have gotten the same sympathy. hmmmm!

Richard Arnott

I am so shocked to hear this just now...I sincerely wish Jennifer the very best - my admiration for her has helped me through some low times. My thoughts are with her at this time.

e

ummm people do drugs to feel good, ease some pain, boredom, anything to just fill the void. probably xanax, oxy, klonopins, mixed w/ alcohol. heroin?? probably not, but thats all a good way to go out...why would someone wanna blow their brains? just nod off and go bye bye....who knows maybe she smokes crack but most don't od on crack. recovery is hard you have to want it

lisamorunning

I just don't understand where these people get their prescription drugs, I can barely get flonaise for my sinuses. My doctor grills me, for what seems like hours, for the few sprays that help me breathe through my nose. I guess I don't have enough savvy to know that I could pad my doctor's pockets with money to get more nose spray.

yo

Riviera Beach? haha what a s***my place, must of been in a motel not a hotel.

David W

Come to Charotte, I got the HOOK-UP, put down the pipe and pick up the rackett!!

guy

Wow, thats too bad--she could have been one of the greats. Maybe she got too good at too young an age. I hope she recovers well.

electriczipper

all she ever did was smoke pot....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments