Oksana: Mel Gibson Knocked My Teeth Out

6/27/2010 8:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources close to Oksana Grigorieva tell TMZ ... Mel Gibson punched her in the face and knocked out her teeth in a fit of rage.

0626_oksana_mel_gibson_ex_getty
Sources connected with Gibson have told TMZ the actor did not get violent with Oksana during their January 6 confrontation, although they admit things did get physical. A source connected with Oksana, however, says, "Mel and his camp are spinning the facts in a desperate attempt to protect his reputation."

Sources in Oksana's camp say Mel's people are lying when they say she shook the baby. Instead, the sources say, "She tried to protect the baby during one of Gibson's violent episodes when he punched Oksana in the face two times, breaking her teeth and giving her a concussion."

As one source put it, "She tried to protect his reputation, depsite her fears of him and his verbal and physical abuse." And the source goes on, "She regrets having believed in his empty promises to obtain professional help to control his violent nature."

TMZ broke the story ... Oksana obtained a restraining order against Gibson last Monday, which prohibits him from coming within 100 yards of her.

Oksana's attorneys would not comment about the case, but did say, "The true facts will be brought out in a court of law. Oksana will continue to abide by the ethical obligations and rules arising from a confidential paternity action and will let the court decide the issue in this matter."

JLS

I believe her! It fits with his past behavior.

This man has never been a good family member-EVER.

Lkap1481

It doesn't matter anyways..mel will prob end up teaching theater to some kids in aspen...oh wait..

carla

I keep expecting to come to TMZ to see the headline "Mel Gibson murdered me" Is SHE upping the ante on a daily basis or are you just parsing out the story one piece at a time to be sensational?

I don't even care any more, this could have been wrapped up in one headline. Slow news weekend? You're making ME want to punch YOUR teeth out!

Modwild

California has a law that requires clinicians to contact authorities if domestic violence is the reason for their visit. I'm wondering how they would otherwise see her injuries and not report.

Having been there, I have no doubt he did it. Men do this. And when they believe they are above the law, its even more likely. Very sad, but more likely. And let me remind everyone how lucky men are that they have more brawn. If brains could put brawn in it's place, you would be in a very, very bad place.

Jan

Didn't take long for that relationship to go South.........
I'm not saying he is guilty, but the man has certainly had his issues the last 3 years or so. Mel please get the help you need and get back to doing what you do best ACTING!!!!!!!!!

Gene

At her age(over 40) she knew how NOT to get pregnant, yet she chose to get pregnant (it certainly wasn't unplanned) and maybe since the baby was one full month early, just maybe Mel Gibson isn't the father and he knows it, why else would he not pay child support? Something about all this just doesn't jive. Why speak well of a man two months ago, yet claim suddenly that 5 months ago he beat you badly, gave you a concussion and knocked out your front teeth, and where in the hell is the physical, medical and photographic truth of such a claim???

dd

@Majestic she's about 40 which makes her very skilled in the art of golddigging.

VickiC

Although Gibson has been known to be hottempered, he was married for 25 years without a sign of domestic abuse. I find it extremely hard to believe that he all of a sudden starts to slap women around. This is yet another golddigger. Sad.

*****************************************************************
How do you know for sure that there wasn't any abuse in the first marriage? I believe that his first wife has stated that there was emotional abuse, at minimum. There's been plenty of evidence of his hot temper in recent years, so who's to say he DIDN'T hit both wives? If the whole situation is going to trial, Oksana will HAVE to produce medical records, or at least photographs - so we'll get to see what the TRUTH is. Personally, because of the weird form of Christianity Mel seems to believe in, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a wife-beater - his interpretation of the Bible is very much all about the man being the head of the household and therefore entitled to behave however he wants.

Parker

He's certainly not the last person you'd expect violent behavior from. Many cases of physical abuse go unreported. To determine a concussion resulted from a specific incident, she must have had a medical diagnosis directly after. We'll see.

moi

Ask her how much child support she gets from her other baby daddy (Timothy Dalton). Something tells me she's not too poor.....

Rob

OK, we saw how he reacts to women when he had the whole sugar-tits incident, so why is this so hard to believe. And why does everyone blame her for his having screwed around on his wife of 25 years? He certainly has no respect for women if he screws around on his long term wife. And for those who question the charges, you wouldn't see any records if they have an aggreement that is legally binding by the court, and just because she is still with him, doesn't mean they share a house. It has been reported that she's been living in one house by herself for months. Gibson is a pig.

mlg9555

This women knew of his past! She saw $$$ before her eyes and used him. I'm sure he is so "Saint", but it takes two to tango. Doesn't she have a child with Timothy Dalton & was living in one of his houses while raising there child. Money hungry, fame whore.

Muppet

Whoever the sources are that are reporting need to shut up they're only making these two look like idiots!!
I can't believe that police would just walk away if she was punched in the face with broken teeth!!
Where's the police reports etc?? I'll believe it when I see them.

C

She probably just wanted a free set of veneers. She stayed with him for his money, period.

cbinparadise

Stop & think about this for a minute! Why would she want to make this stuff up, break up with him & be on her own raising that child? It doesn't make any sense. Mel is a drunk and they are all the same. I was married to a man just like him...in fact he even looks like him. I loved the charming, charismatic, generous man he pretended to be. Over the years his drinking got worse & worse and finally he started physically assaulting me. Afterwards he would be "soooo sorry" and it "will never happen again" but it always did. I finally had him put in jail and he told everyone I made it all up but the photos said otherwise. I WANTED to believe he would stop...change...behave himself but it never happened. Finally I divorced him and he spread lies all over town about me....some people believe them but most don't. I have gone from living in a big house with no financial worries to struggling to support myself. Why would I make up lies about him only to have to go to work? At some point common sense will prevail. Mel is out of control. Face it.