Larry King -- Divorcing Show After 25 Years

6/29/2010 7:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0629_larry_king_EXD_TMZ_2Larry King is pulling the plug on "Larry King Live" after 25 years on the air -- and LK insiders insist it was Larry's decision.

King just took to his Twitter to announce: "I’m ending my nightly show this fall but continuing at CNN."  Larry will be doing specials and would like to focus on sports stories.

He wrote in another message, "It's time to hang up my nightly suspenders."

CNN sources tell TMZ they're in talks "with a number of people" and they expect to make a decision on Larry's replacement in 2 to 4 weeks.

Sources tell us Larry made the decision in the last 24 hours.

There's been a buzz that King might not be renewed when is contract is up because of low ratings.

ginny

who wants to look at that old geezer any longer

Trish

I'll miss you Larry. Your pretty cool. Focus on sports? See if you can get us a NFL football team and stadium out here in Vegas. We could even name it after you. "King Stadium."

whateverIsay

How did it take CNN this long????

Jon

He should do a show with Al Gore's massuse.

cookies

His ratings are low, and his wife is suicidal. I think he needs to spend more time at home. Also, his guests have been really boring lately (Mick Jagger?...you've got to be kidding!)

Doobie

Awesome news! That frees up even MORE air time for CNN to tell us of the many great things our wonderful messiah Obama is doing to make our country a better place to live! CNN will be back on top of the ratings in NO time - just wait and see!

The Dave

I always liked Larry King but the last few years he kind of seemed out of it, much like Bob Hope in his later years. He had a great run though.

Hope Wilkinson

Larry - you should have quit 5 years ago, when you were still on the ball. You dropped it - mixing up names, places etc. It was really sad to watch. I wish you the best and pray you do NOT go to sports!

awards

Time for a new wife too!

jack e. jett

It will either be Perez Hilton or Jack E. Jett that will replace him.

suspenders

I, for one, will miss the show. I rarely fail to check in with it, and have enjoyed the focus on most of the timely topics of the day/days.

Cimarron

Finally!

No comment

I use to enjoy Larry, but the last few years his mind has slowed as it does with most people when then reach that age. I found it hard to watch even if he had a guest I wanted to watch. I wish him well. BTW-Rumors have been out for weeks about him being replaced. To the person who commented about Perez Hilton, CNN would never to THAT to its viewers.

Throwback kid

This old fart should have left 10 years ago! I can't even watch one of his softball interviews

John

Why does Larry always lick his lips like Tom Arnold does? He hasn't always done it. Any ideas?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments