« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Amanda Bynes Retirement -- Minor League Send-Off

7/1/2010 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Amanda Bynes is gonna be pissed when she sees this ... because she just missed out on the best retirement party ever -- in her honor -- complete with a minor league baseball team and FREE CAKE!

0630_amanda_bynes_farewell_launch

Turns out, when Amanda announced her sudden departure from acting last week -- she broke the hearts of her biggest fans ... a Class AA baseball team in Maryland called the Bowie Baysox.

So, to honor their retired hero, the team put together a "Farewell Amanda" blowout ... which included Bynes-themed games -- like "Big Fat Liar" trivia and a "She's the Man" cross-dressing challenge.

They also played clips from movies, made t-shirts, and signs ... but most importantly -- FREE CAKE!!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Gene Foreman

I'm glad she made so much money from "All That" to support herself for the rest of her life. :/

tgrfan42069

seems like she is a nice girl never heard any bad things about her.but whats the big deal about her retiring i havent heard much out of her.so i figured she had already retired.

SantaFeJack

SantaFeJack would like to take this opportunity to anounce his retirement from show business.

Thank you!

justsaying

Amanda posted on Twitter that she's into Black men. I'm getting a race change tomorrow.

electriczipper

I go to the bowie baysox games all the time(cheap tickets and free parking and lots of good looking ladies,oh and free fireworks once in awhile)) and I have no idea who amanda barnes is..

RoseRed

And she's WHO???

TheRealJerseyShore

I think it was Sean Connery that said "You don't retire from acting, acting Retires you!" Hence, she made a few ****ty remakes of some classic movies and now she can't any work.

West Vasquez

Don't you have to be actively employed before you can retire? Maybe she is announcing that she retired a few years ago.

Kelley

I live down the street from the bowie stadium. This story is so random.

Brenda

Who?

youdrink toomuch

Don't you have to WORK to have something to retire FROM?

Dee

I've lived in Bowie all my life and I can't remember the Baysox ever doing something so random. Weird...

MrsDevastat0r

Oh man, If I am ever famous, I hope that on my Behind the Music they mention that my first job was at Bowie Baysox and that I used to give people free beer and smoke doobies.

Thanks TMZ, for reminding of how awesome it was before we were adults and had bills to pay.

Greg

I always liked Amanda. Then I read her twitter page. She's a genuine idiot. As a comedic actress she was always seemed willing to commit to the stupidity - which is crucial to comedic success and a rare ability. Turns out it was her natural state rather than an act of intentioned commitment. There's no real talent in that. Just show up on time and act like you always do and try to hit your mark. Unlike Lindsay, at least Amanda knew to show up on time. Oh well, so long Amanda, we hardly knew you.

sah

didnt she used to date that doug something or other that dates (dated) paris hilton and didnt he play minor league for the orioles at some point in time (hence he wouldve played at bowie).... this is the only sense i can make of this....

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments