« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Paris Cleared

in Marijuana Caper

7/2/2010 7:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton is off the hook for the whole pot thing in South Africa.

0702_paris_hilton_EX_TMZ_01A rep for Paris tells TMZ ... Paris was detained and questioned by police, after someone in her entourage allegedly was caught smoking marijuana at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium, where the World Cup is being held.

We're told Paris has been released and cops even apologized for misidentifying her.

The rep claims the culprit has already pled guilty, paid a small fine and was released.

That's swift South African justice for you.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

mike

I'm actually surprised they even arrested her. The police normally just turn a blind eye here in SA.
A friend of mine was caught after the Spain v Chile game in Pretoria, they just told him to throw the joint away, hand over the rest and sent him on his way.
Nothing wrong with a little bit of herb...
Paris you're welcome to stop over at my place for a smoke and maybe a remake of "One night in Paris" ;)

Ernie

Oh darn I wanted to see Paris do time in the "Big House" and enjoying the lovie cccommodations at Africa's version of Club Can.
Now we won't be able to see he lovie suite (jail cell) well maybe next time. She's still a BITCH.

larry

I have a FANTASTIC idea: How about putting Paris, Linsanity, Adumb Lambert and a few other worthless "personalities" on a rocket and blast them into space where they can do anything they want and we won't have to hear about it again!!!!!!! So much wasted blogging about them. Just an idea.

leavePARISalone

Paris is kind-hearted and minds her own business. She has grown up in the public eye with little margin for error. Let her enjoy life and give her some breathing space. There are many others whose public exploits probably deserve far more scrutiny.

Harvey

Birds of a Feather Flock Together.
Tell me she wouldn't have hit if it made to her.

hillcoguy

She must have had a good interface with the judge and she put them DSLs to good use!

Rob

It is amazing. Maybe it was a setup like Schapelle Corby... It is obvious because they are calling her "sweet."

I have nothing to do with Africa ever again. Forever.

Derek

Well, it was just a matter of time before she managed to find something "newsworthy" to get involved with. I wonder how much she paid those cops to "bust" her entourage? She is such a media whore!

Gatlinmn

I saw Bill Clinton in the crowd during the U.S. game I watched on TV. I wonder if him and Paris hooked up?

DV

Yaba daba dagga doo for you . Too be a rich bitch will do . Too be poor then then bail and jail for you

Rob

It is even more amazing... Not that I noticed... the Hilton family, is world renowned for employing people in the Hotel industry. And the Hilton family has provided a roof over your head at night. Perhaps people should sleep outside at night?

But what surprises me most, not that sports people make millions and millions, and everyone gravitates to this, even the poor, but to pick on a young woman.

Where are the police to provide written literature for people to understand their laws. It's called a pinch, a setup, a being framed, a goal to entrap people. Why are the police allowing drugs in their country. Is it to entrap and detain innocent people.

I wish I was a Hilton. I wish I had a smart and inventive person like Paris in my family.

There are people on this planet who see everything wrong and love it.

I cannot believe the police actually detained a little girl, or is that what the police want there. A little girl... wow

Wow. wow. Perhaps people should read what it is really like there, before strong men (or weak) pick on little girls. (Excude me for saying little girl Paris, when you are a successful and strong business women)

Robert

Steve

Sounds like most of the people here need a joint...it's just marijuana. Relax folks

Roxanna

Who cares? As far as I can tell, Paris Hilton's only purpose to date has been to serve as a bad example.

BubbaT

She probably hit the joint in her scraggly puss.

Stefan

Anthony, are you shipping into Africa ( as your post says ), or South Africa? There is a difference you know? I myself am in the import / export game and I strongly disagree with you. Maybe into or out of Africa yes, but not South Africa.