« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kentucky Basketball Players Subject of NCAA Probe

7/2/2010 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the NCAA is taking an aggressive look at University of Kentucky basketball players -- past and current -- and their possible involvement with professional agents.

0701_uk_ncaa_logo_EX

According to a source who was interviewed by an NCAA investigator, the agency is interested in at least four players -- two current and two who were just drafted by NBA teams.

In the case of one former Wildcat, we're told the NCAA wants to know about his relationship with his current agent. We're told the investigator asked about multiple meetings the agent allegedly had with the player ... dating back to the player's senior year in high school.

The insinuation is the agent had an arrangement with the player before he went to Kentucky.

It is a violation of NCAA rules for a student athlete to receive anything of value from an agent -- or
to have any agreements, verbally or in writing, with an agent. Just ask USC, Reggie Bush or OJ Mayo.

Kentucky "declined comment" -- and a rep for the NCAA tells us, "The NCAA does not comment on current, pending or potential investigations."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

RULZZZZ

Kentucky went from a laughing sock to an elite 8 team in one year and they cheated?

Well of course they did, it does not take an investigation to reveal that Clifton is the agent and Wall is one of the players. I am finally glad that a news source has picked this up, I just hope TMZ follows through.

Pin there ass to a wall! Just like the NCAA just did to the Trojans! Calaslezy will leave town and Kentucky will be a laughing stock again. It's coming ha ha ha

WE DO IT THE RIGHT WAY AND WIN TITLES, YOU CHEAT>>>WIN NOTHING AND THEN GET CAUGHT>>>>HA HA HA

Erin

This is not a surprise! Cal has been in trouble everywhere he has been and this years team was known as thug nation instead of big blue nation. Bring back the real tradition of UK.

RULZZZZ

Norman

Nothing to it, if there was there would be some names. I believe it is just more garbage to sell their articles since UK is a really good selling point. The big name news media would have this story and would be running with it. They want to get paid to spread their trash.

Dr. Poop

Cheat, steal, and rob? You're thinking of Tennessee.

Jonny

The NCAA is a joke. They have looked into this 2-3 times aleady, and they now have something to talk about this? **** them. They wouldn't know the difference between a comb and a **** up their ass.

SBS

John,

If these rumors come about when you are one top, why don't Duke, UNC, MSU, and others have to deal with them?

Oh, because they aren't dirty.

PayPalCal

Why would anyone be jealous. You have a coach with 5 NBA draft picks and he can't find a way to win the tournament. Cal is a choker. Cal will never win, he is strictly a used car salesman recruiter.

Tammy

It seems that every time Kentucky is moving up someone wants to drag them down. They are probably doing this because Kentucky had 5 players in the first round draft. Isn't it odd that the draft was Thursday and this story was started on Friday?

electriczipper

#4- Thats weird, because Patrick Patterson graduated from UK in three years and was considered the most mature, NBA-ready player to enter last week's NBA draft. Oh and John Wall, the #1 pick, had the teams highest GPA last season, above a 3.0

Posted at 5:07 AM on Jul 2, 2010 by bnoe1023

sure they get good grades because they have other students doing the work and taking the tests,geeez are u stupid or just dumb
excample of Uk b ball player homework they did themselves...
"eye sew the kat go an play wif the doogie an than he want an got sum food"
2x4=9......4+6=11......9x1=8

Cardfan

It isn't your team people hate, kittens. It's your nutjob fans.

This couldn't happen to a better bunch of people.

Aly

Just wanted to say to all of you posting comments about how this probably came from a Duke fan, get over it! I am a Duke fan, and have been my whole life. I can honestly tell you that most Duke fans don't give a sh*t about UK! UK wants to hate Duke over a game that happened 18 years ago. Stop crying about it already! I read these things because I live in KY and because most of my friends are UK fans. I will admit that I loved to watch John Wall play and I have respect for Patrick Patterson. But I love the game, not just Duke. And most Duke fans really don't care what happens to UK. We are rivals with UNC and Maryland, not UK. So please stop with all the Duke nonsense and quit crying over a came that happened almost 2 decades ago!

onewildkyfan64

First of all 5 UK Players where Drafted,Dumna%$.Second Cal is not a Cheat,he was never implicated in the Derrick Rose or Marcus Camby incidents,and now its his fault if this story is True?How??????? There are just many of you out there that can't stand Cal,because he is a Great Recruiter and Motivator.He can coach!How else can you take a the 9th youngest Team in the NCAA to a 35-3 Record?Just wait and see if all of this is True before you start making Stupid A** coments.I have been a UK Fan since the 70's and have been there when Sutton got us put on Probation.But I still love my University and will continue untill long after Cal is gone.Its not about the Coach,its about the School and these Kids are on Display for our viewing Pleasure.I think they should either be able to go to the NBA straight out High school or must play for a College for 2 or more years once they Committ.Its all about the NBA,they are the ones that need to change the Rules,but again they are all about the Revenue.Go Wildcats,Go Big Blue,and all you Haters out there,keep the comments comming.I think its Hilarious.

slicknickshadyfan

I blame this on tanfan

SBS

I wish John Wall was my baby daddy.