« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

World Cup's Message for Mel Gibson ...

7/2/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0702_soccer_racism_banner

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

QueenOfSports

So glad that FIFA is promoting the Say No To Racism campaign.

Put an end to discrimination.

writenow

Hello TMZ News flash. It's not about racism....it's about misogyny.

datruth

Gay! Hate is good!

electriczipper

thats mighty strange that soccer is jumping on this bandwagon,
black players in europe are treated really bad over there...and im sure the black people in africa are just really satisfied with the advances they have made over there in s.africa...teenage prostitution,aids running rampant,,children living in trash dumps..yeah really nice place

DANA

TMZ has ANTI MEL GIBSON camaign and the have a dog in this fight
called Rabi Harvey Levi.

Sammie

AZ law is NOT about racism. If YOU people cared at all about the Hispanics sneaking into this country, YOU would be all for sealing our borders and stopping the coyotes, the kidnappings, the rapes, the murders, the torture, the abandonment out in the desert and all the other things that happen to these folks coming illegally into our country WITH the help of THEIR country. If you want to be po'd at someone, do it at MEXICO for encouraging the inhumane treatment of THEIR OWN PEOPLE!

mspaap

I am an African American woman who was a fan of Mel Gibson and Charlie Sheen.

Their using the "N" word does not make them racists.
Its the context in how they used the "N"word,that is racists.

I'd be lying if I said their blatant disrespect for dark skinned women does not hurt.

I don't call into question their acting skills, however I am a writer, who is in the process of deciding which male and female actors will play characters in my book. I cannot consider them.

People, the following old saying isn't true; "Sticks and stones may hurt my bones but words will never hurt me.

Words have given birth to war, domestic violence and murders.

Mel and Charlie you've disappointed people who never thought either of you'd disrespect others race, gender or religion.

Regardless I still think Passion of Christ is very relevant.
Also, if JESUS can forgive us, we must forgive Mel and Charlie.
You can quote me on that *** MsPaap

JDNNYC

Harvey Levin has a hate hard on for Mel Gibson because of Gibson's famed Sugartits/Jew rant.

Harvey, racism is a powerful, evil thing which takes a bit more to demonstrate by using the words "Jew" or "nig*er". Funny how you'll never call out black entertainers for their anti-white, anti-Jewish jokes and rants, or people like Sarah Silverman who mock and offend Christians. It's only white guys who're "racist", right Harv? Keep shilling it until you've rid Hollywood of all the white, protestant folks and all that's left is muck like you.

(Dude, seriously, stop fanning the flames of hate for this guy. He's a drunk, not a racist.)

LMT

I am sick of the race card being thrown left and right. Never has the race card been thrown more since Obama took office. A "unifier"? Hell no. Obama has divided this country more than ever.

I hear of more racism against whites and more slurs against Christians than I have ever witnessed in my lifetime. TMZ. If Mel Gibson's name was Sean Penn or Alec Baldwin, and here were not a conservative Catholic, but a left wing liberal Democrat atheist, would you plaster this story on your site day in and day out? Doubtful!!

Sean Penn, Alec Baldwin, and others have demonstrated more hatred and vitriol than any one in Hollywood but they all get a free pass on everything they do and say because they are far, left wing Democrat nut jobs whose politics you support.

Why don't you start reporting on the number of rappers and thug hip hop "artists" who use the words nig*ger and "ho" and promote violence against women in their music??? Where are your articles about all the gangsta music that promotes hatred for "whitey"?????

WHERE????

electriczipper

I am an African American woman who was a fan of Mel Gibson and Charlie Sheen.

Their using the "N" word does not make them racists.
Its the context in how they used the "N"word,that is racists.

Words have given birth to war, domestic violence and murders.

Regardless I still think Passion of Christ is very relevant.
Also, if JESUS can forgive us, we must forgive Mel and Charlie.
You can quote me on that *** MsPaap

Posted at 8:05 AM on Jul 2, 2010 by mspaap

-----------------------
very well said Ms paap

Clu Seatoe

Hey Mel, get a radio show, grow your hair and no one will care.

becks

@electriczipper
It's not really jumping on a bandwaggon, as football players, officials, supporters and associations, have been promoting against racism for years now.
Racism in European football is not as big a deal these days as you make out. Homophobia is a bigger problem.

Misha the CrackHo

It's getting to be more than obvious that Harvey is out to get Mel Gibson. I'm not sure what he did to you Harvey, maybe Mel mentioned you are an openly gay Jew and live with your boyfriend Dr. Andy Mauer...but you need to give it a rest.

Aipple Media

Trying to have this racists statue removed from the Wallace Monument grounds in Scotland, help us out and sign the petition at www.NYAdvice.com or www.aipple.com/blog/?p=447

Thanks!

t

Seems like people are looking for a reason to hate Mel Gibson. it was a private conversation and in the heat of anger. We all say things when we are angry we might regret later.
It is sad that the media can spin things any way they want to make or break a person and, how many people can be influenced by it.
Give the guy a break.