Kelsey Grammer: I Called My Kids On Father's Day

7/6/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelsey Grammer had a lot to say about TMZ's story ... that Father's Day was a tipping point in his marriage that led Camille to file for divorce.

0705_kelsey_grammer_getty_reg
Kelsey posted on his blog that he ultimately did call his kids on the evening of Father's Day.  He says he was surprised they didn't call him in the morning. He also said he had texted Camille to wish her dad a happy Father's Day, hoping that would remind her to have the kids call him, which didn't happen.

Kelsey, who has been in New York doing a play, says, "I and two of my old buddies drove up-state to spend a little time in the mountains.  We stopped for dinner and when we got to the house (which has no cell service, by the way), I called them to see how they were doing as I do almost every night."  And, Kelsey says, "Perhaps it was foolish of me to expect a call on Father's day, but frankly I did."

Kelsey adds, "Mason had been upset earlier that day because she was missing me."

TMZ broke the story that Camille filed for divorce.  Kelsey wrote he and Camille had been discussing the possibility of separation for some time.

And, he says, "Certainly, the time will come when I do see another woman.  I expect Camille to see other men.  I hope people and the press will understand that we are both free to carry on with our lives."

Gridiron

Sounds to me like a bunch of weak excuses to file for divorce. If she knew he had to work in New York, why did she stay behind in LA? And if she had already flown out to be with him in the past, why did it become his responsibility to fly to them on FATHER'S Day when she could have very easily flown to him on the day that's supposed to honor him? What next, is she going to claim she was mad that he didn't bring her breakfast in bed on Father's Day? At the very least, she could have let the kids call him. He's right, is it too much to expect them to call HIM on FATHER'S Day? It's not like it was Christmas or MOTHER'S Day. Not saying Kelsey can't share some of the blame in the overall mess, but her story sounds like overblown weak excuses to end a marriage that she was very likely bored and tired of herself. All this other nonsense is lawyer orchestrated rubbish to get paid.

Jamaican sam

Well there's another self-obsessed celebrity we probably can't count on to urge the celebrity obsessed Obamas to do something about the tar balls on the Gulf Coast.

Christina G.

I was wondering about that accusation...usually it's the kids that call the father on Father's Day, not the other way around. Sounds like Kelsey may have gotten sick of the twisted, self-serving logic going on in that house?

Anna

First off a father should not call his kids on fathers day. his kids should call him. who raised these kids, idiots???!! i would never expect my dad to call ME on fathers day. if you are a kid and expect your dad to call you on fathers day you were raised by idiots. that lady looks fake as hell anyway. if i was a dude i would not wanna be with a fake looking person and a BAD mom because she is teaching her kids that a father should call his kids on fathers day. IDIOT!

Fuck Celebrities

Let's see... its Fathers' Day and HE has to call?????

omgsammi

They named their daughter mason...?

frostecat

Read between the lines. Seems pretty obvious when he says, quote "see ANOTHER womAn" as in singular. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say "see OTHER womEn", as in plural. Sounds like he's already got one singular sensation, just sayin'!

jdranetz

I'm sort of releived. When hearing of his marraige years ago to this apparent trophy wife, I feared he was going to end up like Phil Hartman.

chitownlady

Yet another WHO CARES STORY! I am sure she will now be on HOWARD STERN BAD MOUTHING HIM....They both need some class and shut the hell up! Think about your kids reading your BS stories about each other BEFORE you open your mouths.

Uffda

Kids call the father or mother on Father's or Mother's day not the other way around. Pretty Weird that Kelsey is being raked over the coals for not calling his kids on father's day. I do not care about any other he's doing this or she's doing that. Father's are called by their kids on father's day not the other way around.

Anonimo

If dad's out of town and the kids are with mom (whether still married or divorced) of course mom helps the youngsters call dad. No cell service? There should have been a message on his phone. Her story is BS.

As for his going out with his buddies on Father's Day that is exactly what we would give our father for Father's Day. We'd ask what HE wanted to do. Usually it was guilt-free golf and then come home, have a steak and watch a ball-game. My dad lived his life for us so his day was however he wanted to spend it. My mom always got breakfast, lunch and dinner cooked for her by us. That was a treat. These days she'd probably opt for a day at the spa.

Sorry about the divorce dude. Just make sure you KEEP THE KIDS A PRIORITY. No matter what your line of work you can make that happen. You brought those kids into the world don't forget your continuing role, the most important one in your life, as a father.

flight

Finally an actor that says it right. Ummm and for all you father's that are complaining that HE didn't call his kids to wish HIM happy father's day-- how many of you do that? and for the mother's complaining that HE didn't call or be with his children how many of you when your angry do all you can do to 'ignore' your man and pretend to be a great mom and take them out and distract them? so stop complaining it's the mother's job to let the children know it's father's day! This chick is grasping at straws and thus the war has begun. I'm glad for the statement he made- made her look like sh*t and he didn't even say a mean word! good for him! and everyone is deserving of love and BOTH of them will find it again someday.

Michelle

I totally agree with #11! Kelsey doesn't seem like the type to not call his kids on Father's Day. I like Kelsey and he seems to be a very decent guy...

Michelle

Kelsey doesn't seem like the type to not call his kids on Father's Day. I totally agree with #11! I loike Kelsey and he seems to be a very decent guy...

KAM

A GOLD DIGGER THAT STILL LOOKS OLD. CAN WE have a story about her past before she met Kelsey????

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments