Lindsay Lohan

Sentenced to Jail

7/6/2010 7:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan was just sentenced to 90 days in jail for violating her probation in her DUI case, followed by a 90-day inpatient rehab program.

0706-lohan-court2-video-credit
Judge Marsha Revel sentenced LiLo after an incredulous prosecutor, Danette Meyers, told the judge that Lohan has been thumbing her nose at the court.

The evidence was loud and clear today -- Lindsay violated probation by failing to attend her alcohol ed classes based on the schedule set by the judge.  There were lots of excuses, but ultimately they didn't fly.

The judge said there was a pattern of violations since Lindsay was placed on probation in 2007 following her plea bargain in her DUI case.

Lindsay broke down as she addressed the court, telling the judge, "I did the best I could."

Lindsay dissolved into tears when the judge imposed the sentence.

Lohan must surrender on July 20 in Judge Revel's court.

UPDATE: Sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore just explained ... generally, a female inmate in  Lindsay's situation only serves 25% of their sentence ... which means LiLo will most likely spend around 23 days behind bars.

Henry Stauf

BOO YEAH !!!!!!!

This just made my day!

flora68

Woo-hoo! So maybe Hollywood DOESN'T want to encourage drunk driving celebrities after all!

Thank goodness. FYI, LiLo, drunk drivers KILL , whether they're "hot" or not. Hope it makes an impression. Now I guess we have to listen to her idiot parents crying about justice. TS.

Y

Friggen finally!!! It's abouit time LA shows the celebs they aren't above the law..Don't worry lindsey, you will make plenty of friends and maybe even find yourself a real nice girl named Big Bertha who will treat you nice..Don't drop the soap

ManiacalZebra

If THAT was the best she could do, she's in serious trouble. Hopefully, being sent to jail, then forced rehab will let her know that lawyers can't make all of her screw ups just go away. She's going to have to take some personal responsibility and straighten herself up or she'll be yet another Hollywood has-been in a body bag.

Craig Swinson

She will end up serving about 48 days of the actual sentence with a short in-processing and out processing day. So basically 46 days and a couple hours.

If I was someone close to her I'd put her on a suicide watch.

azlee

Lindsey, I sure hope this helps you and saves you. You were lucky no one was killed and you are lucky you haven't overdosed on drugs and alcohol. It seems rough to you, but the court is really trying to help you and save people from you on your downward spiral.

I feel for her though, but dang she had to have a wake up call and maybe she can get some help in several areas.

Steve

She should have hired a jew lawyer.

ingrid

I think 90 days is excessive, one week would be bad enough. I did two days in jail for a bad arrest and it was a horror.

jane

ABOUT TIME! WHAT A GREAT JUDGE. FAIRNESS. IT'S TIME THAT EVERY HOLLYWOOD S.HEAD THAT'S GOTTEN AWAY WITH THIS GO BEFORE THIS JUDGE. THIS IS THE FIRST ONE I CAN REMEMBER HANDING DOWN EXACTLY WHAT ANYONE ELSE IN AMERICA WOULD HAVE RECEIVED.

Shaydie

Yeah, I was thinking she'd get out right away due to overcrowding, but she may have it harder than the average person. Remember when Paris Hilton got out early the public was outraged at the local sheriff and the judge put her back in. So I'm not so sure she won't do at least half of this time.

IKnowItAll

@ladynblack:
Prisons don't take anyone sentenced to under 18 months (or two years, depending on the state), jails are for shorter sentences. No one does two years in jail.

Why does she get two weeks before having to check in? Most folks who violate go to jail, go directly to jail.

She'll leave the country, mark my words.

GoAwayJerseyShore

FINALLY!!!! It's about time she got what she deserves! For too long she's been able to run around like a spoiled brat getting away with everything. Thumbs up to that judge! Hopefully they keep her in jail for longer than 84 minutes this time!

Abe

YES! YES! YES!

The ONLY thing that could have made this day better, is if Lindsay had gotten 180 days in jail.

I'm marking July 20 on my calendar. Gonna make popcorn, drink some beer, and watch the coppers cart Lindsay's sorry ass off to jail.

Wahoo!

x

Sapphyre

they should have taken her butt to jail today. She has wasted 3 years of a poor states tax payer money.

Paula

BRAVA!!! BRAVA!!! She'll be right where she belongs! For once, there is TRUR JUSTICE!