Lindsay Lohan

Sentenced to Jail

7/6/2010 7:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan was just sentenced to 90 days in jail for violating her probation in her DUI case, followed by a 90-day inpatient rehab program.

0706-lohan-court2-video-credit
Judge Marsha Revel sentenced LiLo after an incredulous prosecutor, Danette Meyers, told the judge that Lohan has been thumbing her nose at the court.

The evidence was loud and clear today -- Lindsay violated probation by failing to attend her alcohol ed classes based on the schedule set by the judge.  There were lots of excuses, but ultimately they didn't fly.

The judge said there was a pattern of violations since Lindsay was placed on probation in 2007 following her plea bargain in her DUI case.

Lindsay broke down as she addressed the court, telling the judge, "I did the best I could."

Lindsay dissolved into tears when the judge imposed the sentence.

Lohan must surrender on July 20 in Judge Revel's court.

UPDATE: Sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore just explained ... generally, a female inmate in  Lindsay's situation only serves 25% of their sentence ... which means LiLo will most likely spend around 23 days behind bars.

Kim

Thank you! Hopefully at some point in the near future, she will realize that this was the best thing for her...if she indeed uses this to turn her life around.

Tellit

LOL..finally!
Why wasn't she handcuffed?

Veronica

Totally UNnecessary. She's not a hardened criminal. They really do NOT need to take an entire 6 months of her life. Go throw some real criminals in jail.

SuefromNJ

Lindsay, I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but this is probably the BEST thing for you. You have a serious problem here, and this will (hopefully) prevent you from hurting yourself or someone else. You will be ok, be strong.

sharonlynnmc1

They should not have given her two weeks. A lot could happen between now and then. That was a mistake

Missy

As a recovering alcoholic I am relieved that someone is finally doing something. LiLo: Sometimes you have to go thru hell and lose everything to make it back! I do not wish jail upon ANYONE but I think (hope) it will do her good. I wish her the best and I am glad that this once fame did not get in the way of getting this girl help. When you are surrounded by idiots (her family) it makes it hard to see the sad truth: ADDICT. I only hope that she takes it seriously this time!!! Remember how bad Robert Downey Jr got before he got his sh*t together? I'm not saying she's anything compared to RDJ but I hope she gets well.

jessemosslover

Does anyone wanna bet that this idiot will be out tonight partying at various clubs?

MP

So this means that theoretically after July 20th we will not see her until the new year?? Good. In all seriousness, I hope her rehab sentence will help her. I think a month in jail would have been sufficient, but I'm glad there's a mandatory rehab tied in. I've always thought Lindsay has heavier drug issues than anyone really knows.

Linda O

Judge is my Hero!!! Thank God someone has some sense.

omgsammi

wow! I wonder how long it will last tho?

Scott

Does her scram braclet go beep? Cause I can hear it from her LMFAO

Duane Garrett

Run Lindsay.

jessemosslover

90 days? Oh please, This bitch wont even serve 90 minutes! Remember, even has-been celebs like her get special treatment.

Scott

for the next two weeks all the folks at scram are gona hear is beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

leelee