Lindsay Psychiatrist Could Influence Sentence

7/7/2010 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A prominent psychiatrist could actually hold the key to Lindsay Lohan's jail cell, TMZ has learned.

Lindsay Lohan Crying
Judge Marsha Revel appointed Dr. Kaushal Sharma to evaluate Lindsay, and then make recommendations to the court.  Dr. Sharma told TMZ he has been appointed by Judge Revel on various cases a number of times, and at least twice his evaluation caused the judge to change her sentence.

Dr. Sharma, who says he's evaluated 1/3 of the people on California's death row, tells TMZ he will probably spend anywhere from several hours to a half a day with Lindsay.  He will evaluate her -- not counsel her.

Dr. Sharma says his goal is to provide a report to the court before Lindsay goes to jail on July 20.  Among other things, the Doc will make recommendations on what type of inpatient rehab facility would be appropriate for Lindsay.

The Doc says he remembers on one occasion, after Judge Revel read his evaluation, she increased the jail time for the defendant, and on another occasion she reduced it.

Dr. Sharma does not know when he will interview Lindsay.

As for his knowledge of the case, Dr. Sharma says following these stories is not his thing.  But he and his wife sometimes watch TMZ during dinner.  We go well with meat loaf.

Really Now

How is sending Lindsay Lohan to jail likely to alter anything? In jail if she wishes she will have access to all types of drugs. As for this psych evaluation I question any results (good or bad) that are produced,on the basis that if someone is sentenced to serve jail time, that persons demeanour after that fact is not going to be reflective of their normal behaviour.

Pheebs

Maybe this will change her. Maybe she will finally see that actions have consequences. Maybe she will do really well in a rehab center.Maybe that waitress knocked some sense into her her when she punched her in the head. Maybe her whole family will seek counseling and change.It could happen. Maybe. However I won't hold my breath waiting for it. Just the same good luck LiLo I hope you get act together.

There's Always Elvis

This is one of the best judges I have ever seen on TV. I just wish she would have given her a year of jail. I had no idea that a 3 month sentence would only amount to 23 days. This judge has saved her life. I just wish she would have gotten the whole 90 days in jail though. Hopefully it will be enough for her to really evaluate her life and see where it is heading. We need more judges like her.

Sultry

It is possible for The President of the United States to give her a full pardon. Posted at 10:13 AM on Jul 7, 2010 by ralphie the one-eyed HA HA HA!!! I love it!!!!!!!

ItsYaGyrl

Yes! TMZ is a great evaluating tool in this case!

shad

Carrie Prejean and Opposite marriage husband can create a baby....Harvey and boyfriend cannot ;) That's why TMZ will always attack...:)

Caleigh

The Dr that is evaluating Lindsay is talking to TMZ??????????? WTF

johnnys

Doesn't it make sense that she should have to go to rehab BEFORE going to jail? If she goes to jail first, she'll just spend the entire time going through withdrawals and might actually hurt herself.

She needs rehab FIRST.

electriczipper

Some of you bleeding heart aholes make me sick, you are the reasons we have the, Nicoles, Lindsays, Paris's, Amy's.

Lindsays stupid ass had a chance to go to REHAB she didn't want to take the advantage she rather stay drugged up alcholic.

HELL NO I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR HER, IF THE JUDGE HAD NOT SENTENCED HER TO 90 DAYS IN JAIL, AND TOOK THAT SCRAM OFF HER
LEG, SHE WOULD BE COKED OUT AND DRUNK BY NOW.

SO ALL YOU WHITE PEOPLE THAT FEEL SORRY FOR MS RICH BITCH, I HOPE SHE SPENDS AT LEAST A MONTH IN JAIL.

Posted at 10:22 AM on Jul 7, 2010 by Zoe#1

----------------- she cant spend 90 days in jail because there is no room.To many black guys in there already..

pam

OMG POOR LINDSEY ANOTHER MEDIA WHORE JUST LIKE THE JUDGE &PROSECUTOR!!!! this new ho will recommend jail time suspended and rehab ASAP... what is our freakin countgry coming to when media whores are running the entire justice system?

Rob83

Good now she can start getting the help she needs.

I think she'll be diagnosed with spoiled brat syndrome.

Debperki

I think her mom needs to serve some time. She has been her enabler and failed to be the parent.

carol

For a Doctor, isn't he talking a LITTLE TOO MUCH already. Wants to see his name in lights, I guess

noneofyourbusiness

If she hurts herself, then so what. She knows better and I'm tired of all of her boo-hoo poor me stories. The rest of us have to work and pay bills and take care of business. Anyone who has more then half of their life to party and drink and drug it up-no sympathy. Her parents should have kicked her azz a long time ago. My mom would have slapped the sh*t out of me if I tried any of that and embarassed my family in public.

DIMA

the doc sould say to the judge keep her there for the full 90 days. it will help her and she will find her soulmate there also.