« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cleveland Steaming -- LeBron Picks Miami

7/8/2010 10:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LeBron James just took a massive dump on his hometown fans -- announcing that he's going to play for the Miami Heat.

070810-lebron-3-getty-credit
The upside? You can probably get season tickets to Cavs games at a pretty good price right now.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

T.Y.

no surprise. I only hope he doesn't do a dump on Miami. We in Cleveland now have probably a good chance to get some fresh talent and hopefully erase 7 years of horrible post season play. Lebron really did nothing. His hype is just that and if he is really good he should have won this last season but once again failed cleveland with horrible post season play.

Brian

Some "inside source" you have there TMZ,,way to screw the pooch AGAIN

chrissy

Better take tha loyality tattoo off ur back and im glad that ******* is giving up jordans number because he dont deserve it the only person who does is jordan! And he will never find any poor kids to work with in miami they are all rich little bastards! So last note to labron Go f**k yourself! I hope you lose every game you play!

ERP

I really didn't care. But it is nice to know that he thinks Cleveland is not capable of winning a title. I hope he is planning on moving to Fla full time, because Ohio won't want him (ask Art Modell)

Cat

Who does he think he is in that picture, MC Hammer?

deb

he couldn't win a title in Cleveland, and he wont win one in Miami. He's good, but he's not THAT good. I hate Kobe, but Kobe is much better than that idiotic King James. Watching ESPN waiting for the announcement. There's 30 minutes of my life i wont get back.

Pound Sand

Dude can play basketball but COME ON!!! Gotta have a primetime announcement. Get over yourself!

DIMO

WHAT THE HELL TMZ?? DID YOU GET PUNKED YESTERDAY? WANT TO TELL US AGAIN WHO JERED DUDLEY MIGHT BE OTHER THAN A "DUD"??

TMZgossip

^5 lebron
now u have a bunch of old quebecers to bounce off the grill of your hummer

TMZgossip

how long do u think it will take before Elin tries to hook up with his new contract ... oops... with him?

KeepItSimple

#4 you have the slightest flipping clue about the income tax. All I can say I hope his babies momma realizes she is history, especially with all the skanks down there.

Brooke

Is he a musician too?

South Beach

What's this, "Hammertime"? Hope he falls on his face.

JimmyB

I don't see the problem It's a business, not a game. His right to make choices. I understand Clevelanders being upset--it's a big loss to their city. He has a window of opportunity, and he's taking it; just like almost anyone would. And I'm no basketball fan.

Leanne

I'm in Columbus, OH and was watching SYTYCD when the "Breaking News" banner came across the bottom of the screen with the announcement. A few minutes after that, another one came across saying that fans in Cleveland were burning LBJ tshirts in the streets.