Spousal Abuse Investigation

in Mel Gibson Case

7/8/2010 3:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. has opened a domestic violence investigation and TMZ has learned the probe is in connection with Mel Gibson's alleged attack against his baby mama Oksana Grigorieva.

0624_mel_gibson_oksana_EXD_getty
Sources tell TMZ the alleged incidents occurred in Malibu in both January and February of this year.  We're told it's a "spousal abuse" investigation and the alleged victim is Oksana.   Sources tell TMZ Sheriff's deputies interviewed Oksana on Monday.

The Sheriff's Dept. has released a statement claiming investigators are "currently gathering information regarding the allegations."

Sources also tell TMZ Oksana told deputies Gibson was violent toward her several times, the worst of which she claims occurred in January and February.  She also told deputies she secretly tape recorded Gibson after the two worst violent episodes, because she feared for her safety.

Sources tell TMZ the January incident involves an alleged altercation between Mel and Oksana -- a story TMZ first broke -- in which Oksana claims Mel knocked out one of her teeth and chipped another.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

electriczipper

My name is Beth, and I like this guy http://www.myspace.com/428771263, but I don't know how to tell him.

Posted at 12:05 PM on Jul 8, 2010 by ErinAndrewsIsAFameWhore

stand in front of his house and set yourself on fire,,he will get the messege

Bubba

TMZ, I need a better picture of Gibson. This one is not good enough to pop arrows into his head.
@THE TRUTH: Have you ever tried a spellchecker? Oh and please use only capitals when needed. Now I get the impression you are shouting.

Trish

@Beth Don't listen to electriczipper. LOL He's being a wise guy. Just go ask him if he wants to go "paint the town." Bring rubbers just in case.

Name

This is no big deal. Nor is the allegations that he used the word "******" and "wetback."

Don't believe me? Ask the Department of Justice.

wil

She's nasty! If you look at her pics...SHE HAS FAKE TEETH, CHEEK INPLANTS ANS SHE'S HAD A NOSE JOB! She looks like the octomom to me.

Wendy A.

He should me jailed. You know his ex wife is laughing her ass off and thing the girl should have left a married man alone.

TheTroubleWithPants

Good! Throw his ass in jail for hate crimes!

ThatsPrincessToYou

WHY is this even news???? Everyone knows he's a racist POS. One day karma is going to get Smelly Melly and he's going to be gang raped by a bunch of black people and beaten with rakes and shovels by the mexicans.

DANA

she shouldnt go in jail only for faking her pregnancy but also for privatly taping Mel
thats felony

TheTroubleWithPants

Oh, she was definitely pregnant and he is, most likely, the father.
She may not be the nicest person in the world and, personally, I don't think she is...but Mel Gibson is a man with a lot of hate inside him. A lot of unjust, ignorant and bigoted hate. She deserved him less than he deserved her.

The Watcher

Just make sure the law enforcment investigators aren't Jews or women with Sugar Tits! Anybody remember when Mel Gibson was so good looking and people loved his films? Who would have ever guessed he would turn out to be such filth? If anyone had told me that the guy in 48 Hrs. or the Mad Max films would turn out to be THIS GUY, I'd have never believed it. Also, to think this man was responsible for The Passion of the Christ. Mel, WWJD? HAHAHAAHAHA!

Liz

This bustard deserves every bit of grief that this bee-AUTCH can give to him for the REST OF HIS LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I was a HUGE fan of Mel Gibson. Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

Modwild

Its about time.

KellyR

@18. You can't have black eyes and knocked out teeth from two punches ? Maybe not with a candy a$$ hitting you, but rest assured, two punches can do a world of hurt.
But I guess she deserves it, seeing how she is a "gold digger" and "mail order bride (that one cracks me up)" and geez, the very fact that mel gibson even married her-she should feel honored and he should be able to do whatever he wants to her... (Yes, ladies and gents, that was sarcasm) He is a POS, and the next time he wants to go on a racist rant, he should ask himself: WWJD ? LOL ***Team Oksana, cuz I can't abide by woman beater mentality, a fame mismatch shouldn't equal subservience...

KellyR

@ The Truth: I'm not sure where YOU come from, but we don't usually sentence women to 10-15 years in jail for lying about paternity. LOL
And you seem to have an unusual amount of info on this situation, misspelled and all... Mel, is that you ?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments