Tammy: Melissa Left Me With $4 To My Name

7/9/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Melissa Etheridge has left Tammy Lynn Michaels and the two children they have together high and dry ... this according to Tammy’s lawyer Steven Knowles. But Melissa says Tammy is delusional.

0708-tammy-lynn-michael-melissa-ethridge-ex1

Knowles tells TMZ Tammy has a grand total of $4 to her name ... adding, "Melissa has not been treating Tammy or the children as if they are a wife and children, financially and otherwise."

Knowles says Melissa has not given Tammy or the kids a penny since the breakup … and she is now destitute.

TMZ broke the story, Melissa filed for dissolution of her domestic partnership with Tammy last week.

On Tuesday, Tammy filed her own legal docs … but she is asking for a dissolution of marriage. According to Knowles, even though Tammy and Melissa were not legally married in California, “They were married in their own eyes and in the eyes of the world … and Melissa was the first to say they were, in fact, married.”

BTW – Tammy is asking for spousal support – something she can't get if she is not “married.”

As we first told you, Melissa wants joint custody … but Tammy is asking for full legal and physical custody.

Knowles tells us Melissa can't possibly be a participant in the custody agreement because her schedule makes it impossible to be a meaningful parent.

Melissa's lawyer, Neal Hersh, tells TMZ, "Melissa is paying all of Tammy's expenses, which totals tens of thousands of dollars per month."

0709_split_footer

Cartman

Weird stuff.

Carvey

Hey Tammy - get a job. It's what the rest of us do.

jane doe

MELISSA ETHERIDGE IS A SKANKY PIECE OF CRAP SMELLY AZZHOLE WHO ACTING LIKE THE BIGGEST PLICKHEAD ON THE PLANET.

JUST DO THE RIGHT THING ALREADY, YOU OVERPAID WENCH!

jane doe

Melissa Etheridge is a skanky piece of crap smelly *******.

JustMe

Melissa is a douche.

Brigham Young

Melissa take note: *** GOD *** HATES *** YOU ***

jane doe

Everybody hates Melissa Etheridge right now. Unethical, unfair, lying, cheating, stealing, stinky, ugly, hurtful, selfish, self centered, untalented, worthless, shallow, vain, all-about me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me typical freaky wo/MAN.

Chicago Joe Jr.

The problem is, Melissa Etheridge is NOT a TEAM PLAYER; she is a SOLO ARTIST.

Hey, honey, THERE IS NO "I" IN "TEAM". Get it?

Tia

Melissa is a lying POS

RJ Hunt

See what happens when you go against natural law...

Rip Klawe

@12

HAHAHAHAHHAAHA

That made my day

CASS

Listen Melissa has a track record of being with a woman...wanting children with that woman...then finding a younger woman and leaving the other with the kids. Ask Julie! BTW, I am SURE Julie is getting some sort of support from Melissa. Grow up M...you are NOT getting any younger and certainly ANY little lesbian out there would go with you no matter how old, ugly and wrinkled you may become because all they can see is $$$$$ and celebrity. I firmly believe Tammy loved you with all her heart. She stood by you throughout your struggle with cancer. I remember an interview you did with Oprah, I believe, where you said you would 'shut yourself in a dark room because you could not bear the light and noise and Tammy was there to care for you and comfort you'.
Glad you are such an upstanding woman and grateful for that care to where you turn around and just dump her ass like she is some $10.00 hooker. You don't deserve HER or the children!

Q.H.

Ah, yes...let's all let everyone marry anyone so we can have twice the court-clogging garbage such as this that costs us taxpayers...wonderful P.C. society we have here, isn't it?

Marriage = man and woman. Divorce = man and woman. Case closed.

ZiM

hm, interesting. everybody hates melissa in the face of tammy is the one who is going too low. she is the only one who told the world the story - her version of the story. nobody knows the reverse of the medal - melissa's version. because she is more intelligent and correct and didn't shout it out.
however a split is very sad and painful. and i feel sorrow for both of them but first of all for melissa. and of course for her fans - because they get a sad and tired singer in these days in her tour. i'm wondering if tammy thought about it...

justsaying

Oh BOO HOO HOO! If you were a real woman and married a man you wouldn't be saying those things because a Judge would be on your side. That Lesbo Melissa, legally, dosen't owe you a single thing. It's what happens when you tell God to go to hell. You get left with $4.00. But don't worry. Like we have to account for our actions, Melissa too, will answer for telling God to go to hell.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments