« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mark Cuban to LeBron:

You Need 'Media Training'

7/9/2010 11:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

So how the hell can LeBron James recover from one of the worst PR moves in NBA history?? According to Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban ... dude needs "media training."

Mark Cuban
Obviously, Cuban is referring to the fact that James decided to amp up the drama ... and screw with practically everyone's emotions ... before announcing on live TV last night that he was ditching the city that loved him to try and win a quick championship with a "super team" in Miami.

LeBron had toyed with the idea of going to Chicago, New York, New Jersey and L.A. too ... so now everyone hates him.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

champusa1@aol.com

Just watched TMZ's snippit of the LBJ issue on your show. I'm from the Akron area, his home town. I was laughing. That was awesome! I loved your little song at the end, "come and visit both of our buildings." lol So true. My high school played LBJ's school so I've always been a fan of his. But now, wow. I didn't know that show was a self-produced show. Class-less! Though I'm not about to waste my time burning jerseys in the street... Why would he leave Cleveland? Hmnn tons of reasons. I think every Clevelander thinks about packing their bags and moving south at least twice a winter. Plus, carrying the weight of being the only thing Cleveland really has left going for it is a huge burden to carry. But the way he handled it was a rookie mistake. And seriously - if he says "loyalty" one more time - I may scream. 7 years dost not loyalty make... I don't see how he can ever recover from this in Cleveland. Can't wait to see his face if Cleveland ACTUALLY DOES win a championship before him. I admit that it seems far fetched but what a great day that would be!

David

I do not care whether Lebron makes it or not. He is meaningless to me. He is a immature little BOY that is on steroids. I have no clue why so many folks call him KING. To me, he is a JESTER. And he proved it with his immature tactics. I hope he break a leg and / or tear some muscle and be sidlined for months. He is truly CLASSLESS!

miss s

King of quit ruined is legacy. I imagine he will want to go home one day but he can't even **** there in cleveland. So good riddance. Brett favre wasn't that dumb an hr special.

Anna

Contrary to what some in the media are reporting, LeBron actually gained my respect with this move. He is intelligent, thoughtful and well-spoken. He made a business decision and it's interesting to see that some businessmen are decyring it. Can't blame LeBron for leaving a losing team, just as we can't blame Bosh for leaving Toronto (my favs)> I'll still support Toronto, but I'll also support Miami this year. Go LeBron, Bosh and Wade! Hopefully you guys can own your own team one day.

TJ Walker

Mark Cuban may shoot his mouth off more than he needs to, but he is 100% on target suggesting that James needs media training!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5