Lindsay Lohan -- Lawyered Up!

7/10/2010 4:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ Lindsay Lohan has settled on a new lawyer -- and she went all the way to Chicago to find him.

0910_media_removed_H#D2D7F0
We're told Lindsay will hire Stuart V. Goldberg, a criminal defense attorney from the Windy City. Goldberg met with Lindsay -- along with her sister and Ali and mother Dina -- for about six hours yesterday.

Lindsay, we're told, called Stuart herself and asked him to fly out to Los Angeles.

Lohan is supposed to surrender to the court by July 20, so Goldberg has his work cut out for him.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

dj61

Ali??! WTH is a teenager doing in the attorney consultation? What could a girl that young have to add? That mother is a total failure and nut job.

Lemonade

This illustrates that recessionary times has impacted lawyers as much as anybody else. The appeal will be a trip as this Chicago lawyer is 'special' in the way Linds is 'special.'

wayniac917

nice to see she's being represented by an umpa lumpa. why the **** is that lawyer orange?

bentleyjms

This is one of the smartest things they Lohan family has ever done. He is a great friend and a AMAZING attorney. He gets everybody cleared! Congrats Stuart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heidi

GOOD!!!!!!

Robo

He looks like an out east lawyer sort. To pass time and keep cool, Lindsay should read Robert Frost. Pull his poem "Birches", the original teacher.

Eric

Beware, the lawyer is a oompa-loompa!

Ms_Tell

Do orange lawyers cost more?! One glance and anyone can see he is just another attention whore and OF COURSE he is going to say he IS going to keep her from going to jail, ya think she would hire a lawyer that said "Uh, I can't keep you out of jail, but you can pay me to make some noise about it"?! Not gonna happen.

ricky Ricardo

Run Lindsay , RUN!
Steal an airplane. Fly to a remote island.
Live with the animals, snort squirrel-coke ... partee' barefoot with the fauna and flora!
With your trout-pout lips the critters will crown YOU their Forest Princess ....
Oh,and Uh, friends don't let friend ride a unicorn drunk; so designate a raccoon to drive for ya'.

Nancy

I got one question ~ why does she grin when she cries? Anybody else notice that?

KAM

WOW...he is looking real orange to me.

David Sargent

Ay that's my best friend up there, Big Gasby! He thought me how to smooze it up and how to get my way....THE PUSHY WAY! No seriously tho, orange is the new wave in terms of color designs, so orange lawyers are the way to go, OK? My tastes are exceptional and should not be questioned. Ay me and Stu up there have been doing a lot of boozin and cruisin' around..its ok baby I'm pretty much already a lawyer, so come and make a 2 hour ego-stroking video oh me looking directly into the camera and uttering "it's good....it, ugh it's really good" in a droning and twisted voice. Glaring at you with my beady little gestapo eyes. I Must have perfection! I will not have my buddy and long time friend and business partner insulted but some of these comments like "Stuart GoldenBLAT is greedy and snake like and wouldn't give his mother air if she where stuck in a jar, he is also contracted by the Wonka company to keep their chocolate pure and free of big stompy 'narcissistic personality disorder' older brother DAVE!" See, its comments like that, that boil my blood and make steam shoot out of my McDee ears. Now I'm going to go stomp around and blame my younger brother for my food network short-comings and Stomply Ripely like behavior. Good today to you

David Sargent