Lindsay Lohan -- Still Lawyerless

7/10/2010 9:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan has not decided on a new lawyer yet, but hopes to have one by next week ... this according to her lawyer in New York.

070610_lindsay_lohan_ex_4

As we first reported, Shawn Chapman Holley resigned as Lindsay's lawyer just days after Lindsay was sentenced to 90 days in the pokey.

Stephanie Ovadia, who is representing Lindsay in her lawsuit against E*TRADE, tells TMZ they are still interviewing lawyers and "no attorney has been retained." She added that they hoped to have one chosen in the next couple of days.

Sources close to Lindsay have told us she has vowed to appeal her sentence.

Paul

Post #15

Yes Eden..She deserved being sentenced to 90 days in jail.She broke the law.

South Beach

Suck it up LL and do your time. Jesus you could be done with it 10 times over by the time they tell you again to forget it, AND save a ton of cash not spent on a lawyer.
Dumb "Milkaholic".

#TeamLindsay

LOL @ Spot. Everything has it's bright side, right? Those pansies who are suing her deserve nothing for there alleged "traumatic experience" and their ambulance chasing lawyers deserve to walk away empty handed and holding the bill for their exspenses too.

#TeamLindsay

Wow with the insomnia and stress she's dealing with Lindsay should get a script for MARIJUANA!

It's California after all. There's nothing wrong with smoking a little weed if it's prescribed by a doctor, right? *big grin*

#TeamLindsay

Lindsay, Get up! Stand up! Stand for your rights! Get up! Stand up! Don't give up the fight!

And when this is all finally over with say F U to the justice system by being photograghed blazing up a big ol' spliff with Snoop Dogg!

OhforGodsake

An appeal is a review of the trial to find mistakes that hopefully to overturn the conviction. I doubt she will be able to appeal her sentencing. There is no constitutional right to appeal a sentence. She may be trying to go back three years and appeal her conviction, but I doubt that will be successful. The evidence leaves no reasonable doubt that she was driving under the influence, possess illegal substances and was driving recklessly or that she violated the terms of her probation. She's lucky to have escaped the kidnapping and attempted homicide charge.

LaToya Jackson

Now I want F * U finger nails to wear to court... Dat Lindsey chick is wac and out'ta jack

Horndog

Is Gloria Allred available?

Rongrant

W H A T !!!!
Even Gloria Allred doesn't want to defend her ?
How about getting Nancy Grace back to the bar...she's not doing anything worthwhile right now.

susan johnson

Lindsay is an addict..pure and simple. She had her wisdom teeth pulled a month ago and is still taking pain pills. I had 6 teeth pulled on top plus immediate dentures and did get pain pills for 5 days duration. A month worth I do not think so...she is also taking uppers and then downers...who the heck is her doctor or doctors. They should be ashamed of themselves or self. Alot of the so-called prescriptions she is on will not be allowed in jail...this female needs help, plus jail time.which I think the Judge understood. If we did what she did in the real world...our a!! would be in jail a long time ago.

Sensible Grandma

WHY DID HER ATTORNEY QUIT???? DID SHE EVER GIVE A REASON???? I DOUBT SHE WOULD SAY SHE WOULD QUIT BECAUSE OF ALL OF LINDSAY'S ANTICS, OR WOULD SHE???????

Abe

You should change the headline to:

Lindsay Lohan -- Still Brainless

x

Louis

If I was Lindsay(and thank god I'm not), I would get all my affairs in check, enjoy the time I have of freedom and face the music on the 20th. Does she honestly think she can appeal?

beachlife

The Lindsay "supporters" just slay me. She violated probation - for 2 DUI's - more than 1 time. In FLA, that would mean all terms of probation would be withdrawn and she would have to do full time for her original crimes. Probation terms are what they are, regardless of her alleged work schedule (how is Cannes work by the way, since she wasnt there to promote a film she was in). I know, I've been there. You follow the letter of the law, or you do time. Period.

??

Does she think not having a Lawyer on 20 July will keep her out of jail? She is going she might as well get used to the idea, it is where she belongs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments