La Toya: Michael Wanted to Teach Bubbles to Talk

7/11/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson spent thousands of dollars on research to see if it was possible to perform a medical procedure on his beloved pet Bubbles that would give him the ability to speak ... this according to an interview with his sister La Toya.

0711_micheal_bubbles_getty
Michael eventually came to realize that any such procedure would be too risky, but not after flying in experts. La Toya told News of the World, "... He wanted to give him vocal chords and asked doctors, 'Can I give him an operation so that I can know what his thoughts are?'"

La Toya says the most Bubbles ever mustered up was the occasional bark or grunt.

nan

aston.i am sorry i wasnt around ,i will try and put a link for ms goodale.all u have to do is google mj and jane goodale and it will come up that he mentioned her in his liner notes on his album for the song, but this link will give you background on her,have a good day..she was very dissapointed he ended up earmarking the proceeds for children instead..
have a good day all :)

kim

Seriously, does anyone know if TMZ read the posts? I think we are just a bunch of #s in the data base

. On another note, Bubbles been with MJ since the Neverland days, wow, Bubbles probably is 25 yrs old. Good for him. Still 0/0 Spain vs Netherlands.

Posted at 1:41 PM on Jul 11, 2010 by Daphne

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/11/michael-jackson-la-toya-jackson-bubble-chimp-operation-talk/6/#c33460...69#ixzz0tPPRispt

I honestly believe they do and also have a internal on here. Just think about this: over the course of last year when did we read some good posts the nite before and than all of a sudden a story pops up the next day. just too many cir***stances to say that they don't.

aston

Nan: Thanks, I did google Goodall and Michael and found the story.

Siggisis: Do TMZ people take themselves seriously? Hard to tell. Levin is not all that bright and I'm glad he's not a real lawyer - I still remember his mock defense of Murray, the way he said he would have presented it in court. It was so bad. For the others - who knows. I've stopped listening to their Q&A's. I believe maybe they take themselves seriously, but not us. For the celebrities, they probably harbor some starstruck awe mixed with contempt.

linny

Trust latoya,shes definatly her fathers daughter. I bet if bubbles had learnt to talk he wouldnt be selling every detail of michaels life to the trashy tabloids. I wonder how much it cost this ape [latoya] to talk this time and this wasnt in the name of science. This family would sell their souls for the right price. Disgusting,they should be ashamed of themselves.

aston

Does TMZ read the comments? Well, it would be pretty stupid of them not to, since sometimes people here know more than they do. But I think maybe they have a hard time keeping up. And I am sure they crack jokes about us. That how it works.

Siggisis

For the celebrities

, they probably harbor some starstruck awe mixed with contempt.

Posted at 2:18 PM on Jul 11, 2010 by aston

I think you nailed it.
I recall the last footage of Michael that TMZ got. They were running after his car with a camera and shouting "We love you Michael, we love you!"(WHAT a job - heh!), and Michael, kind as always, rolled down the window a few times and waved and said a few words.
Then one of the TMZ guys exclaimed with awe in his voice: "I TOLD you he was..." Sounded as if he wanted to say something positive, but couldn´t find a word - or perhaps it was cut out. I wouldn´t put it past them!
You can find it here somewhere. Too hot for me to find it tonight! LOL

kim

Posted at 2:18 PM on Jul 11, 2010 by Phantom of the Opera

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/11/michael-jackson-la-toya-jackson-bubble-chimp-operation-talk/6/#comments-anchor#ixzz0tPZx0XT6

thanks again phantom. this video had some really great pics of mj. whomever put this video together did well.

rip mj

kim

Hey siggisis,

what time is it in your part of the world?

Siggisis

kim, it is 25 minutes to midnight - and still hot as hell. You?

Alice(from Romania)

@Andie..I have not seen you the last few days ...
I hope everything is OK...:)
Hugs from Romania.

L.O.V.E and Miss MJ

kim

It is 15 mins to 5 here so I guess we are a 7 hour time difference. I had a hard time when I came back from Hawaii getting used to the 5 hour time diff.

kim

And Siggisis, forgot to add, HOT AS HELL HERE TOO. lol.....
I hate Houston weather.