Roman Polanski Won't Be Extradited to U.S.

7/12/2010 7:47 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0712_polanski_getty_BNThe Swiss government has denied a United States extradition request for Roman Polanski.

The Justice Ministry said Monday in a statement that national interests were taken into consideration in the decision, and that Polanski was now a free man

Roman pled guilty in 1978 to one count of unlawful sexual intercourse with a 13-year-old girl, but fled to France before he could be sentenced.

UPDATE: According to L.A. Superior Court spokesperson Allan Parachini, "The original Polanski case remains pending. The Los Angeles Superior Court arrest warrant from 1978 remains outstanding."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

THIN LIZZY

@79 of course fail to understand because your brain can only handle what it's force fed. My point is instead of concetrating on one person- look at the entire industry as a whole. It's an accepted practice in the entertaiment industry to do what Polanski did. Take a class in reality JACKASS!!

Tom Cruise

This D-bag drugged and raped a 13 year old. It's never over, I hope this piece of garbage gets killed.

jason

For all you who state that we would have heard if he re-offended, You really think so? Age of concent in France is 15. Think that sick fu** didn't use that to his advantage? Here was France"s views at the time he fled there.
In 1977, a French petition against age of consent laws was addressed to the parliament calling for the abrogation of several articles of the age-of-consent law and the decriminalization of all consented relations between adults and minors below the age of fifteen (the age of consent in France). At the time, a change in the French Penal Code was under discussion in the Parliament of France. A number of French intellectuals, including prominent names, signed the petition. In 1979 two open letters were published in French newspapers defending the release of individuals arrested under charges of statutory rape, in the context of abolition of age of consent laws.
An open letter signed by 69 people was published in Le Monde, on the eve of the trial of three Frenchmen, (Bernard Dejager, Jean-Claude Gallien, and Jean Burckardt), all accused of having sex with 13 and 14 year old girls and boys. Two of them had then been in temporary custody since 1973 and the letter referred to this fact as scandalous. The letter claimed there was a disproportion between the qualification of their acts as a crime and the nature of the reproached acts, and also a contradiction since adolescents in France were fully responsible for their acts from the age of 13. The text also opined that if 13 year old girls in France had the right to receive the pill, then they also should be able to consent.
Still belive we would have heard?

emerald

#92 It doesn't matter if a girl DOES say YES, the US law states the legal age for sex in the US is 18 and since POLANSKI was living in the US he follows the law here which means he's guilty of at the very least statutory rape, since drugs were involved he was also guilty of supplying a child with those too!! He was 40 and you have to be one hell of a sicko to be having sex with a 13 year old hm?!I'm also unsure on your point as to whether you think that by the mother leaving her alone in the room with him she expected her daughter to be drugged and raped hm?!
#94 I would have thought it was children worldwide people should be concerned for NOT just in Afghanistan! Also while you point to the fact that the levels of poverty in the US need more concern, one other comment more appropriate to the case would be that there are over 300,000 child prostitutes in the US today as low in age as 13 hm?! While people like to live in their various Churches condemning children like this, you need to get your head out of your ass and realise the reason they are out there is the failure of the adults around them to support them and nurture them!! NO CHILD woke up and said, y'know what I want to become a child prostitute today - it's not as if any of them are enjoying what they're doing, they are there for the money to feed them or their habit (drugs wise)!!
Anyone who believes this director, whose films were crap but loved by the luvvies, did nothing wrong might just as well be out there selling their own 13 year old kid for sex!! Is it still not acrime when it's your overly advanced kid hm?! DO TELL!!

Raejean

I think it's disgusting that this man continues to flout the law by virtue of his wealth and celebrity, and that the government of Sweden is enabling him to do so.

#7, the problem was NEVER settled for all concerned-I don't know where you get your misinformation. It was only settled for Polanski that he wanted what he wanted. Polanski booked it on the cusp of settling the problem because he couldn't get the reduced penalty deal he thought he was entitled to.

So he never answered to justice on this issue. And getting away with it by hook or crook all these years doesn't mean that he's earned the right to get the sentence and penalties vacated....he COMPOUNDED THE CRIME by fleeing.

Come back to the real world where sex with minors, especially after drugging them up, regardless of how old you say they look or act, is still a crime offensive to the morality of decent people.

Bud

Re: A Pardon For Roman Polanski & Double Standards in California Justice

Saturday, April 24, 2010 6:21 PM

From: Jayne Doe
To: president@whitehouse.gov

From Jayne Doe

President Barack Obama
The White House
160...0 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Washington, DC 20500
E-mail: president@whitehouse.gov
Phone: (202) 456-1414 Fax: (202) 456-2461

April 24th 2010

Dear President Barack Obama

I am writing to you today if you could do me a big favor, and pardon French & Polish Citizen Roman Polanski.

I am also writing to you today to inform you that a double standard exists in how sexual assault cases are decided at the County of Los Angeles Santa Monica Courthouse, California, which depends on who the perpetrator is.

I would ask you to pardon Roman Polanski because he was not treated straightforwardly by the Judge at the County of Los Angeles Santa Monica Courthouse, California in 1977, which is why this case has lingered on for 33 years.

I believe that Roman Polanski wanted to make good in 1977 since he would not have returned to America, and served time at Chino California, if this were untrue.

I have also faced a staged hearing and Judicial and police corruption in the same Santa Monica Courthouse as Roman Polanski, through my being a victim of sexual molestation at Santa Monica College, & because the Santa Monica College officials and their police covered up my claim of sexual molestation and ongoing sexual discrimination at the College.

Because I have experienced this I am in the very unique position to inform you that a double standard is in operation at the Santa Monica Courthouse, which double standard hinges on whether the perpetrator works for California Government and its subdivisions.

If that criteria is met then the Santa Monica Court and other County of Los Angeles employees will act in concert in the local Government’s favor to cover up their employees’ crimes.

But if the perpetrator or victim are not working for the California state and its subdivisions, and were born in another country, then the Santa Monica Court and other employees will act against them, using any means and foul means. See the link cached below in 2000 for more details.

In addition as French/Polish citizen Roman Polanski admitted to a crime through a plea bargain, the Santa Monica Judge should have honored it.

When the Santa Monica Judge Rittenband wanted to force Polanski into deportation, using illegal coercion in the sentencing, the Santa Monica Judge broke the plea bargain agreement,
and through the Judge's use of bait and switch justice, betrayed the righteous legal process, destroyed Roman Polanski’s trust in it, and caused Roman Polanski to flee.

I have also faced the equivalent in the same Santa Monica Courthouse.

On Oct 6th 1998, when Laurence D. Rubin was a County of Los Angeles Santa Monica Judge, the County of Los Angeles Judge allowed the defendant Santa Monica College police officer Ron Marable to control the hearing and also permitted undo***ented white sheriff deputies to assault and batter me in Rubin's courtroom in a staged hearing, for reporting Santa Monica College police cover up of my sexual assault complaint against a Santa Monica College photography Instructor.

County of Los Angeles Judge Laurence D. Rubin was promoted on police brutality day, 22nd Oct, 2001 to become a California Justice at the California Court of Appeals by the former California Governor Gray Davis.

California Appellate Justice Laurence D. Rubin has since stated that only one African American Sheriff Deputy Terry January was present in his Santa Monica courtroom #R, but this not true.
In fact Terry January wasn’t involved in assaulting and battering me.

Terry January is employed as a facade for County of Los Angeles’s contaminated process at the Santa Monica Courthouse so as to rule in favor of police and official cover up of sexual assault cases.

Terry January was also convicted in a different matter in the CACD Federal Court in 2008, which is other evidence which puts into question the California Justice Rubin’s credibility and the County of Los Angeles's cover-up story in my case.

See link. 5:07-cr-00050-SGL USA v. January - https://ecf.cacd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/login.pl

Please do not be fooled because my Federal Cases …were denied in the Federal Courts, by Judges. The facts are real.

California Officials are not policing their own California institutional sexual offenders who work for the State and its subdivisions, but instead will act to cover up, and harm me, and frame me, a victim of sexual molestation and police cover up of it, instead.

In view of the double standard I would respectfully ask you to pardon Roman Polanski, a Polish & French artist as soon as possible. I believe it is a good time to pardon Roman Polanski,

and for California Justice to attend to its own ills.

Many people all over the world would be very happy if you could pardon Roman Polanski as soon as possible.

If you would like any further information from me, I would be happy to provide it. Thank you for your help in this matter.

Sincerely

Jayne Doe

Jambini

See Below The Stars... For evidence of Double Standard in how Sexual Assault cases are mishandled at the Santa Monica Courthouse, California, depending on who the perpetrator is.

This letter was a Precursor To Police Brutality against a sexual assault victim which occured on Oct 6th 1998, for reporting police corruption, and the police brutality occurred and was assisted by a Santa Monica Judge by letting the Santa Monica College Police officer run the "Hearing" and by populating the courtroom with undo***ented white Sheriff Deputies.
****************************************************************************
To Chief Eileen Miller
Santa Monica College Police
Pearl Street
Santa Monica
20th March 1998
Dear Eileen Miller
This is a complaint about Santa Monica College Police Officer Ron Marable, because as you know I met with him last week, and discovered he is concealing the truth about our two meetings in November 1996, and is denying that I informed him in November 1996 verbally, that Larry Jones, a faculty member at Santa Monica College, sexually assaulted me.

When I told Officer Ron Marable at that time in November 1996 that Instructor Larry Jones had sexually assaulted me. Officer Ron Marable questioned me in order to determine if Larry Jones had sexual assaulted me, as Officer Ron Marable was interested to find out that my complaint against Instructor Larry Jones was indeed sexual harassment, and not merely a harmless flirtation. After hearing me describe Larry Jones’s sexual assault on me, Officer Ron Marable agreed it was sexual assault, and said he could not take a report about the sexual assault – as the matter was TOO OLD. Officer Ron Marable suggested that I report the sexual assault complaint against Larry Jones to the administration on campus.
I contacted Ron Marable last week to determine whether he remembered our discussion in November 1996, about Larry Jones sexually assaulting me, and he told me he remembered our discussions clearly, but said there were no discussions about Larry Jones’s sexual asssault of me. So Ron Marable is not telling the truth here, so as to cover up for his friend Larry Jones!
Ron Marable also asked me in our meeting last week what could Larry Jones’s have said to him (Ron Marable) (in November 1996) that would make me tell him (Ron Marable) (in November 1996) that Larry Jones’s had sexually assaulted me after he (Ron Marable) had spoken to Larry Jones over the phone while I was there in Ron Marable’s office in November 1996.

The answer to Officer Ron Marable’s question is this – when Larry Jones in November 1996 began to give Officer Marable information over the telephone that Larry Jones had not witnessed…while I was sitting in Ron Marable’s office , I reported Larry Jones’s earlier sexual assault of me to Ron Marable, because the sexual assault had happened, and because Larry Jones was poking his nose into my business again, JUST AS HE HAD EARLIER – POKED HIS PRIVATE PARTS INTO MY PRIVATE BUSINESS, AND I HAD HAD ENOUGH OF IT!
This complaint against Officer Ron Marable is because he is concealing the fact that I informed him in November 1996, that Larry Jones sexually assaulted me…

Sincerely

Jayne Doe

Bud

See Below The Stars For evidence of Double Standard in Sexual Assault cases in California, depending on who the perpetrator is, Precursor To Police Brutality against a sexual assault victim for reporting police corruption that occurred at the Santa Monica Courthouse California, in front of the Judge on Oct 6th 1998. (Note: The Judge was promoted to the California Court of Appeals shortly after.
**********************************************************