Lucille Ball's Daughter

Sued over Mom's Stuff

7/13/2010 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lucille Ball's daughter has no right to some of her mom's memorabilia that's about to go up for auction ... that's according to a lawsuit filed to make sure the auction doesn't get derailed.

0713_lucy_BN_Getty_01

The lawsuit was filed in L.A. County Superior Court by Susie Morton -- whose late husband Gary Morton was previously married to Lucy when she died.

According to the lawsuit, Gary inherited a bunch of autographed pictures, artwork, and furnishings from Lucy when she passed -- stuff that Susie claims became hers when Gary died.

Susie is planning to auction off the items this weekend, but Lucy's daughter -- Lucie Arnaz Luckinbill -- now claims the items belong to her, according to the legal docs.

Susie wants the court to declare that she is the rightful owner of the Lucy treasures, thereby clearing the way for the auction.

Patty

Lucy deserves her Mom's things - they mean something emotional to her but to the bit#^, Susie, it's all about Mommy, not memories!! Sad, greedy people like Susy Morton!

Patty

In my last post I meant to say Susy was all about the MONEY and for Lucy it is all about her Mom and her memories, They belong to Lucy!!!

Michelle A.

I guess it would depend on the legal do***ents and the court ruling. I was involved in a similar situation. And my mother and I almost lost everything left in my grandmothers will. the court will decide what it wants to decide and I bet they will refer to lucy's last will before her death.
But it sucks that the family had to come to this. I send them ny best wishes.

Barbie

Boy oh boy, when people pass away, things get complicated. In all fairness I believe Lucille Ball's daughter is in the right. Once he passed away the item's in question should revert back to her family. If you think about it, Susie Morton isn't a blood relative of Lucille Ball, therefore, anything Lucy belongs in the Ball family, not the Morton family.
I'm going through something very similar in my own life, so it's complicated but clear the next of kin get everything pertaining to their loved one.

Good try Susie Morton !

Pete

Susie, you B*TCH! Lying, thieving W*ORE! They do NOT belong to you!

Richard C.

I guess because Little Lucie has no talent whatsoever she feels she needs to do this to keep her name "out there". If there was some way Lucie could figure out how to auction off her mother's ashes, I'm sure she would.

TJ

Wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Cindy

Lucie Arnaz has always been a selfish & greedy woman. It is common knowledge in Hollywood. These items were her mothers'. Not hers. When Lucy died, the items became Garys'. When Gary died, they became the property of his wife. Period. That's just the way it goes. Lucie Arnaz constantly talks bad about her mother. She has nothing nice to say really. She is very bitter. But isn't it funny how she always comes around with her hand out?

Mackenzie

That's bull****! Common sense and decency tells all rational people that the memorabilia (aka family treasures) should become Lucie's. Gold-digging Susie doesn't give a **** about the family significance or her husband's former spouse, she's out for a quick payday any way she can get it. How despicable. I hope you read this, you lowlife.

Cindy

To Mackenzie: LOL! You sound as angry & bitter as Lucie! You must be her only friend. Relax & try to calm down.

Scooby-Doo

Suzie, you got some 'splaining to do. If the items are photos and memorabilia of Lucille Ball, I would think those personal items should be given to Lucie Arnaz. But if it's stuff like artwork and furnishings from the home, then Suzie should be able to do what she wants with them. I would think Lucie would only want the personal photos and memorabilia.

Jim Harper

Yes I agree that Lucille Ball's stuff should have gone to her children; however, I also think all of this should have been settled years ago----I don't think Lucie needs the money so I can only conclude that Susie wants to cash in on the goods----I do feel the only reason Lucie wants it is for the Love of her Mother----is that to much to ask SUSIE----what would you do if it belonged to your Mother????

tl

First of all Lucie Anaz and her brother have inherited quite a bit from their parents estates. Gary Morton was left those items and chose to leave them to whom he wanted upon his death. I hope Susie Morton wins her battle and countersues for legal fees. Some people feel they are entitled to everything especially when they have more than enough. Im sure Gary Morton didnt receive nearly the payload that Lucie and Desi Jr received upon their mothers demise.

Scott

I can't believe how stupid people are on here. Lucy left these items to her husband,not her children. I am sure she had a will that left her children the things she wanted them to have. Anything left over went to her husband, as it should. He married again, and left his items that he owned to his wife after he died! The spouse is the owner (not the children) Gary and Lucy had a long happy marriage and there was no fraud. So all was his and now it is his widows'. Get it?

Aunt Martha

Lucie Arnaz has been shamelessly milking her mother's and father's legacy for years with her brother under the auspices of "desilu too," hawking calendars and cookie jars and every item you can think of. They have the licensing rights to Lucy's and Desi's images, so obviously Lucille and Desi provided for them generously in their wills. I'm sure the untalented, ungrateful children have made millions. And meanwhile Lucie has bashed Lucille, calling her a bad mother. But she's more than happy to get rich off of her mother. The only blessing is that the ungrateful children do not own the rights to "I Love Lucy," which Lucille and Desi sold back to CBS, so they're not cleaning up on the DVDs, too. Stop being so greedy, Lucie. Try to show just a little of the class that your parents had.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments