Lindsay's New Lawyer:

She's Going to Jail

7/16/2010 8:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan has officially hired Bob Shapiro to represent her in her ongoing DUI probation case ... but only on condition that she goes to jail.

0716-robert_shapiro_EX_Getty_01
TMZ broke the story earlier this week that Shapiro was stepping in after Shawn Chapman Holley quit.  Shapiro, who repped O.J. Simpson, tells TMZ, "I have agreed to represent Ms. Lohan on the condition that she complies with all the terms of her probation, including a requirement of jail time that was imposed by Judge Marsha Revel."

Shapiro added, "Ms. Lohan is suffering from a disease that I am all too familiar with."  The lawyer's son died of a drug overdose in 2005.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Mikey

I could have done that for half the fee Shapiro's charging. I'll be your lawyer for half price as long as you go to jail and rehab.

GimmeDatScrilla

naw, yo. my girl cant be goin to jail yo!!!

Pinky

Wowzers!

Laffn Bear

Okay.
Now what?
All the whiners, snivelers, defenders of those who scoff at the law, all those who promote false statements of cruel and inhuman punishment, all those who seem to think that treatment is a substitute for lawful imprisonment, what do you think now?

snarky One

Wow! Hope much is she paying for that advice? We all could have told her: "Do the crime, do the time. Go to jail. Get it over with."

Artist

How else is she going to pay his fee without the post jail interview?

bring back recent posts

..ya..jail for how long? 23 hrs????????...something fishy here..but...I'm tired of Mel's stories..so nice to get back to Lindsay ones..hahaha

Abe

What's the catch here.

Shapiro has never said one honest thing to the press in his life.

What's the frigging catch???

x

Cartman

Don't worry Lindsay, I will protect all your delicious vodka for you while you are in the can.

lizzimmer

If only he'd said to OJ "I'll be your lawyer, but only if you do the right thing."

jinn

Never hire a lawyer on a drunk driving case.

sarah

isnt it sad that she has to hire someone to show concern and make decisions that are ACTUALLY for her benifit?

Beth

Then why is Dina saying we are hoping it won't come to Lindsey going to jail. I smell a rat...

Diane

What's wrong with Shapiro? Has he had chemo or something? Last picture I saw of him (not that long ago), he had hair. If anyone can get Linz off the hook early, its him. He helped a blood soaked murderer off the hook.

ralph

Revel us a loser.

She sent Linday to jail because Lindsay doesn't act like an aspiring law student. Hey judge, read my finger.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments