Lindsay's New Lawyer:

She's Going to Jail

7/16/2010 8:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan has officially hired Bob Shapiro to represent her in her ongoing DUI probation case ... but only on condition that she goes to jail.

0716-robert_shapiro_EX_Getty_01
TMZ broke the story earlier this week that Shapiro was stepping in after Shawn Chapman Holley quit.  Shapiro, who repped O.J. Simpson, tells TMZ, "I have agreed to represent Ms. Lohan on the condition that she complies with all the terms of her probation, including a requirement of jail time that was imposed by Judge Marsha Revel."

Shapiro added, "Ms. Lohan is suffering from a disease that I am all too familiar with."  The lawyer's son died of a drug overdose in 2005.

Idiot!

OK, now I understand it. It didn't make any sense that Shapiro would take this case, as he's not filing an appeal for her and she can't pay him what he charges (which means she's getting the exact same thing as she got with her 1st attorney). For him, it's all about promoting his sober living facility that he owns & blowhan will be staying at. Now it makes sense...

bring back recent posts

JR Jake...yes...and so do all the other addicts who break the law and abuse the probation time and time again..life just isn't fair is it, she needs to suck this one up..THAT is all that will work for her at this point..besides...she isn't like some poor crazed out heroin addict...she is just flippen spoiled and has no roots attached cause of her upbringing...sittin in a cell...her withdrawal won't b thaaaat bad...maybe EMOTIONALLY..not physically..

bring back recent posts

IDIOT...I said the same thing a lil more eloquently..but ya...of crse that is why..and makes his heart feel a lil better too..

Ron Golden

I guess he's only good at setting killers free. 99.9% of lawyers give the others a bad name

George

Yes, this is where it gets brilliant. Check her into a long term rehab facility, go on record that you expect her to do all of the probation requirements including the jail time, consult with the court appointed psycho doctors, go to court, tell the court about the facility that she is in, ask the court if it would consider her doing the rehab part of the sentence first, instead of last, have that plan approved by the psycho doctors, keep her in rehab, get her clean and sober, do rehab for 180 days, instead of the 90 originally prescribed but go to court after 90, have the support of the psycho doctors, show the judge a new girl, get permission for another 90 days of rehab, get concurrence of the psycho doctors, come back after 180 days, clean sober and ready, have the rehab doctors indicate to the court that the 180 days have done her a world of good, and that the facility counts as a "lock down" facility under the Penal / Health & Safety Codes, make the court proud of her, and itself, show that she has actually done the original 180 days (90 days jail and 90 days rehab) and that if she would have went to jail she would have only done 20 days anyway, Result, clean and sober LL, the court looks like a hero, win/win. Good job Robert Shapiro, you legal zoom, you. (Side note: Dad Michael will be doing interviews on how it was all his idea, and mom whatsherhame, will be shopping a reality show on how hard it was for her with her daughter in rehab.)

jayare

She needs some help - maybe jail is it.

Seawater

to bring back recent posts... Again people are uneducated about addiction. She is a crazed heroin addict. What do you think diladid is? As I stated,as an addict I was shooting 5 D`s at a time. I was a crazed heroin addict and still am. The only difference is that I am not using anymore and I have changed as a person to be moral. She will go to jail.We don`t know for how long. Then she will go to a rehab facility. Shapiro`s facility is not a rehab. It is a sober house. Then she will continue being on probation. If she continues her immoral,anti-social behavior like alot of you posters she will continue dealing with the criminal justice system. We all have people like her in our lives. Think about it.

TCYB

He has a plan to get her out early or he would have not been hired by those whackos

bring back recent posts

Mike..I havn't seen her like a crazed heroin addict as u describe...maybe I am wrong, ...nothing wrong at all with ur post...I AGREE with it...I guess what is buggin me is...what about alllllllllll the others who don't get all the breaks this girl gets..I mean..not fair...I think she CAN handle lock-down better at this point...and this Shapiro place..geeez...forget the term...but isn't that a place for peeps who r steppin down...she hasn't done anything..he is gettin publicity and totally has prolly ur idea ( which is fine) up his sleeve..but I just feel for all the others in the REAL WORLD...who don't get those breaks..thats all..

bring back recent posts

OHHHHHHHHH...Mike...more than anything I have posted...awesome and congrats to u!

G.R.

If all I had to do was tell her to go to jail and rehab like the judge has ordered, I would have been her lawyer for a box of junior mints.

Beth

I think she needs to do the time in jail, even if it is just 3 weeks. She needs to learn there are consequences for your actions. Everyone else would have to pay and so should she. She is not above the law, no one is.

JLS

Thank GOD! Finally, someone who can't be manipulated by Lindsay or her enabler mother.

Delmar

The most harmful thing that can be promoted is this notion that Lindsay is an "addict". Lindsay displays a huge range of dysfunctional behavior that at times, and I repeat, at times, is aggravated by certain substance abuse. But addiction does not come close to explaining the wide range of deep emotional issues that Lindsay displays. I maintain that the "disease" Lindsay is suffering from is a lot more like a personality disorder or severe clinical depression than just addiction. Society and the press and even the whole addiction specialist industry is doing Lindsay a great disservice by not taking a more holistic approach. She needs a full brain scan, full psychological testing, testing for abnormalities of all types. Her meds are very revealing, she was prescribed antidepressants quite a while ago. She has cut herself in the past and may still do it from time to time. Addicts don't usually cut and show many other symptoms that Lindsay shows. As Shawn Chapman Holley said, it is about the totality of the situation. The totality of Lindsay's situation looks a lot more like something like borderline personality disorder (which, by the way, includes addiction and substance abuse), but also includes self mutilation, fear of abandonment (fear of being alone), unstable relationships, poor impulse control, bouts of angry outbursts , RECKLESS DRIVING, reckless behavior, and much more that truly sounds much more encompassing of the behavior of Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay may be mentally ill and as long as we fuel this "addict" notion of her being able to control her life and she'll be just fine once she's off of the substances, the less she'll address her wider, deeper issues, get treatment for them, and learn to live productively with them (because she won't ever be "cured").

Just because Mr. Shapiro's son died of drug abuse does not put him in the same category as Lindsay. I do believe Lindsay is sober now and has been since May 24th. I do not believe that her prescription drugs are being abused since May 24 (maybe before then, I can't speak accurately to that). In fact, I believe she may need to take her meds and may even display more unstable behavior because she does not take them. You people are talking out of ignorance when speaking of Lindsay's prescription pills in that you are not her doctors and are not in any way aware of her medical condition and what she needs or does not need for her overall mental and physical health.

Annie

Pray for help for this poor girl she has a disease. Some day everyone will realize, she is not a bad person, she is sick. Jail time is her only hope.