Oksana's Dentist Offered Her Shelter from Mel

7/14/2010 6:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... the dentist who treated Oksana Grigorieva the day after the explosive January 6 blowup with Mel Gibson wrote a sworn declaration in which he says Oksana not only told him Mel had hit her ... but he was so concerned for her safety he offered to let her stay at his home.

0714_oksana_dentist_mel_EX_Getty_01

TMZ broke the story ... Dr. Ross Shelden will be a critical witness if criminal charges are filed against Gibson.  Oksana's lawyers asked Dr. Shelden last month to write a declaration detailing information he had about the incident and aftermath.

TMZ has learned what's in Dr. Shelden's declaration.  Dr. Shelden says he has known Oksana for 12 years.  According to the declaration, Oksana came in the day after the incident and told him Mel had hit her, but she was not more specific.  The doctor says in his declaration he saw evidence of "blunt force trauma" as well as physical damage.

Something significant -- in the declaration, Dr. Shelden says Oksana's teeth were not damaged ... just her veneers.  He says one veneer was knocked completely out and the other was broken in half.

The doctor wanted to take pictures of Oksana's mouth, but not to create a record for authorities -- he wanted them for his lab for the purpose of repairing the damage.

The doctor says Oksana did not want the pictures taken, and had expressly said she wanted to protect Mel.  But Dr. Shelden persisted and got the photos, although he says Oksana was so reluctant she would not look into the camera.

As we previously reported, Oksana insisted that Dr. Shelden keep the information confidential, which is why he did not contact the police.

Sources say Dr. Shelden says before Oksana even met Mel ... she had talked about how much she wanted to get married and have a baby.

Politico Pablo

Re: COMMENT#1, WTF?
What are you rambling about? What does this have to do with Mel Gibson? Did you overdose on provigil?

Violette-Blue

Dani, you need meds girlfriend. Stop with the capital letters and ramblings about stuff you don't know. The cops are still waiting for the tapes to be handed over from what I've read. The leakage is speading fast because of Oksana's people. She "claims" she isn't the one leaking them, but she is and seems quite proud of herself. Once the cops and FBI look into the tapes, we will know for sure whether or not they have been doctored.

BraqueDu

To #69, pam: Timothy Dalton was NEVER married to anyone.
Ref: www.imdb.com/name/nm0001096/bio
Oksana's child support from Dalton ends in 5 years and she is 40ty
Now, with the new baby, she is set for life.

Dani

Violette-Blue
Uh, Yes, the police DO Have the tapes and are conducting interviews into the domestic violence case.

And, unless I or you find me a job....I have nothing better to do girlfriend but, to come here and be a pain IN YOUR ASS@!!

keyslammer

WHY does this woman give me the creeps? She always has. She's a gold digger and that's all there is to it. Plus, you don't go to your dentist and express to him your desire to get married and have a baby. It's your DENTIST for gosh sakes. Maybe the dentist is the one she should have married and got impregnated with. And if she already knew how explosive Mel's temper was, why would she pick up a baby and hold it while he was in the middle of one of his tirades? Sounds to me like she was just as stupid and at fault. You know, some relationships are just plain toxic and one of the people (or both as probably it is in this case) can just bring out the worst in one another. This woman obviously "acted" good enough for Mel to think she was the most wonderful thing since sliced bread for him to up and leave a marriage of close to a quarter of a century and 6-7 kids. It's just not adding up to me. I'm not one to condone violence, but just looking at this woman and I want to see her slapped. There's something very evil about her. I'm on the side of Mel, I mean I am REALLY on the side of Mel here. And one thing she cannot take away from him is his talent. And yes, she DID leak all those tapes out. She certainly did.

Scott Starrett

I'm not really a fan of Mel Gibson. However, I have been so pissed off at a woman that later I think "what the hell did I say"? Luckilly I'm a nobody, so nobody ever recorded me and leaked it to the press. As far as this Eli whoever that said he wants to hit Gibson with a bat, what a punk you are! Take him on fist to fist you punk! And Harvey, I like you for the most part, but I think you have some racism in you or at least a favoritism towards Jews. Take a brake with this crap. Scott.

Heather

A doctor has a obligation to report abuse! Oskana is a gold digger. Battered, doubt it...maybe...doubt it.

Dani

I suppose he didn't pull out a gun either?!?!

Kay

I am so glad I came to this board. Finally, some like minded people. I have a hard time getting mad at Mel. I think she set him up...totally set him up. She sounds like she is reading a cue card, her affect is so flat there is no way she was really fighting with him. I agree, the tapes are doctored to make him look bad. I hope she gets exposed and the media has to offer an apology to Mel.

TEAM MEL!!!!

Carol

I wonder if she is sleeping with the dentist. I do not care what she wanted it is the law for the dentist to report any sign of assualt and he did not so that makes him guilty of a crime. Why does she not just take her children and go back to Russia but then people probably do not want her there. We have not heard Mel's side to all this. We do not know what she said or did to him to get him in that state. I am behind Mel.

Why oh Why?

My friend has veeners, they have come out a couple of times, just by themselves. They are just glued on. Not a big deal at all. Who knows if Mel even touched her. Maybe they came lose and she saw the chance....

HARRY NIPPLES

The tapes sound fake and splice-edited together. On the other hand, I believe her. I first met Mel in the late 80s on LW2. He's sorta gone off the deep end since then.

gigi

I listened to the third tape where Oksana says she is not a golddigger. I didn't think she understood what a golddigger is considering she is still using Mel's money. Anyways, I am starting to believe she is a victim of Mel's violence. He deserves to be extorted just for his own stupidity.

Stephanie

She's a gold digger, and I believe she paid the dentist off. I will gladly change my tune if those pictures surface with obvious signs of abuse, not just messed up looking teeth. There are pictures of her supposedly the day after Mel's "attack" and I see no bruises, no scratches no scar... I think if someone was punched in the face, hard enough to bust your teeth up it would leave some other sort of markings. (ie a huge bruise on your face, and make up doesn't work that good)

igotfleasfromtmz

Hey I looked up Hutton Gibson and now am reading his free downloadable book , Is The Pope Catholic?
who ever said look him up thanks as I enjoy detailed difference of opinion. ha or else I wouldn't come to this board.