MJ Fans -- Dying to Clean Up Tomb Graffiti

7/14/2010 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An MJ fan club is on a desperate mission to clean up the recent graffiti onslaught outside the King of Pop's tomb -- claiming a few bad apples could spoil everything for MJ's non-vandal followers.

0713_michael_jackson_tomb_glove

The Official Michael Jackson Fans of Southern California
have extended an olive branch to Forest Lawn Cemetery -- where MJ is buried -- offering to clean up the recent wave of hidden vandalism outside the singer's tomb ... before the cemetery decides to ban MJ fans altogether.

A rep for the group -- which organizes a monthly pilgrimage to MJ's burial place -- tells TMZ, they want to "fix this mess" so FLC doesn't associate MJ's upstanding fans with a bunch of sharpie-wielding hoodlums.

As TMZ first reported, Forest Lawn is currently on red alert over the illegal doodles -- hunting down the artists responsible ... and threatening to ban any potential copycats for life.

No word if Forest Lawn will take the fan group up on their offer.

0713_michael_jackson_tomb_small_launch

Terese

Why doesn't Forest Lawn install some kind of guest book outside the grave where fans can legally leave their thoughts etc? Better yet,,,, wouldn't it be great if Michael's family helped with this,,,, some day,,, his kids and their kids might find comfort in these comments left.

HumanNature

WHY, WHY, WHY in this hateful devil's world would anyone want to complain about MJ's Fans in Southern Cali who want to do the RIGHT THING!!!!

IF THEY WANT TO TRY TO CLEAN THE MESS WITHOUT ANY EXPENSES TO FORREST LAWN, LET THEM!!!!

I believe it is a NICE AND HEARTFELT GESTURE of MJ's Fans in Southern Cali to offer to Forrest Lawn and I for one SUPPORT THEIR EFFORTS!!!!

MJ's LOVE = WORLD WIDE LOVE

(( LOVE HUG ))

janalal4

Morning(what's left of it) y'all?)

I suppose this pic is indeed in bad taste but can't help but to get a little giggle out of it. MJ says, "Get this sh.. off my tomb"! hehe. The title of the article is actually in even WORSE taste, the whole 'dying' headline. Rude.

Hope everyone is well. I see Mel's done lost his ever-loving mind & Lilo's frantically tryin' to stay out of the pokey. Not much going on with MJ, huh?! It's pretty amazing how much mileage TMZ has gotten out of MJ this past year isn't it? What a profitable venture his death provided for them:( That's business I suppose. Lilo & Mel are stealing away all the posters from the MJ sites here at TMZ but I suppose we knew it had to all die down some time. Things will crank back up no doubt when Dr.Quackeroo comes to trial since he's hell-bent on not accepting a plea deal it seems.

janalal4

MJ's LOVE = WORLD WIDE LOVE

(( LOVE HUG ))

Posted at 8:47 AM on Jul 14, 2010 by HumanNature

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/14/michael-jackson-graffiti-tomb-defaced-hidden-messages-fan-group-clean-up-official-michael-jackson-fans/3/#c3353394#ixzz0tflV5caz

Because sadly, the 'MJ fans' have become as much of a target for ridicule just as MJ was in his lifetime. Notice how even the press is beginning to refer to MJ fans as 'kooks', 'nutters', 'rabid' & insinuating that just because you were a devoted fan then that must somehow make you automatically some sort of fruitcake? Never really understood what that was all about. Was the press 'jealous' of MJ's fame & the power he had because of that fame that his every move became a cause to ridicule him? Are people who do not consider themselves 'fans' jealous because of the comaraderie that the fans have? NEVER understood any of it. It just seems silly to me to think this way.

Deb

Comment #35 by mysteria333 - You are comparing MJ to Jesus??!! You are nuts!!!! I am not a MJ hater nor am I a MJ fan but you comparing him to Jesus just makes me want to puke. Get a life.

denel

It should not matter if they are famous or not to write on a tomb stone is vandalism. Use better sense leave a flower or write a message on paper and leave it. They are just making more work for the people that take care of the cemetery.

HumanNature

Good morning janalal4!!!

You are right about TMZ, they don't want to loose MJ's faithful fans and haters!!!

I am quite sure that TMZ is working over time to bring us the latest news on MJ!!!

Yea! The trial start next month against Dr Death!!!

NO PLEA AGREEMENT!!!

I have my popcorn, sugar babies and coke cola, I am READY for the circus to begin!!!!

MJ's LOVE = WORLD WIDE LOVE

(( LOVE HUG ))

nan

Posted at 8:11 AM on Jul 14, 2010 by MJhugefan

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/14/michael-jackson-graffiti-tomb-defaced-hidden-messages-fan-group-clean-up-official-michael-jackson-fans/3/#comments-anchor#ixzz0tfqk25rf

well the same thing happens to me . i click on phantoms videos of mj and forget all about this site. probably a good idea lol
thanks phantom for the vidoes
i love the ghost video . it is so autobiographical
i just love the man

gimmeabreak

@Humane Nature

Because good intentions don't mean sh*t when your an ignorant f*cktard that doesn't know what you're doing, that's why.

Allowing fans to clean this up would be like allowing your 4 year old son fix the TV set he just through the WII remote though the screen of because he feels bad about it and wants to feel good about himself again by fixing it. Good intentions don't cut it. It takes a profession restoration expert to properly remove this vandalism without doing further damage to this historic structure. It's not some high school that just got tagged in East LA for Christs sake. You don't clean this kind of vandalism up with a pressure washer and a can of solvents and a steel brush for good measure.

The odds that the fan club has the expertise to do this is ZERO which is also the odds that they are willing to hire a real professional restoration expert to repair it.

Professional restoration experts spend a great deal of their time repairing damage to monuments and historic buildings THAT GOOD INTENTIONED PEOPLE ALREADY TRIED TO FIX AND LEFT WORSE OF THEN IT WAS TO START WITH BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT THEY WERE DOING.

Christ! You do realize that your a prime example of why people think MJ's fans are a bunch of self absorbed ignorant f*cktards, right!?

janalal4

Good morning janalal4!!!

Yea! The trial start next month against Dr Death!!!

NO PLEA AGREEMENT!!!

MJ's LOVE = WORLD WIDE LOVE

(( LOVE HUG ))

Posted at 9:05 AM on Jul 14, 2010 by HumanNature

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/14/michael-jackson-graffiti-tomb-defaced-hidden-messages-fan-group-clean-up-official-michael-jackson-fans/3/#c3353417#ixzz0tfpeVnqR

LOL!! Oh so your a 'sugar babies' fan?? I'm a 'Raisinets' fan myself!! Yum. I remember back when my hubby & I were poor & struggling, his employer offered, as a 'perk', a movie card & he,myself, & my daugher could go to ANY movie absolutely FREE! Now with the price of movies these days & as poor as we were at the time, that's nothing to sneeze at, right?! Well there were times when he'd say when we were tryin' to find something to do on the weekends, well we could go to the movies? Well, if it was a particularly BAD week money-wise, we really wouldn't even have money for the snacks(yep, we were THAT poor, 2 failed marriages-1 for him & 1 for me with spouses who drove us BOTH into bankruptcy with their spending! What a total nightmare! lol)Anyway I'd just look at him & say, "What the HELL is a movie without my extra large tub of popcorn, big fat-ass Coke, & about 3 boxes of Raisinets(oh shutup, those movie size boxes of candy are little!)"!! Seriously, I've GOTTA HAVE MY 'SALTY & SWEET' when I go to a movie or it's just not even worth going! :) :) Bring on the calories, salt, & massive quantities of sugar! "Crunch, crunch, rattle, rattle, slurp, slurp"!! I'm a pure 'NIGHTMARE' for a stranger to sit next to me in a movie theater:)

btw-IT'S NEXT MONTH?!! Thank you 'cause believe it or not, I hadn't heard that. Do you have the particular EXACT date? Now its this just a 'hearing on a motion' or is this the actual START of the trial??

Bea

I'm a Michael Jackson fan, and I don't understand those fans who vandalize Michael's last resting place with graffiti! :( If you want to leave a message, write a note or a letter! I suppose the FL security will take flowers, teddybears and letters to Michael's tomb. We want Forest Lawn to look beautiful for Michael, the others who are resting there, and the people who are coming to visit.

Grump

Hey fans of Sugar Babies and Raisinets-

You guys are hilarious!

HumanNature

janalal4

Yea it's sad that people want to put LABELS on people devotion to another. What do they call people who follow JESUS??? Religious fanatic, huh!!!

I rather follow JEHOVAH/GOD, JESUS and MJ than the devil/hate!!!

Hey Deb!!!

I believe what people are trying to say is that MJ follow the teaching of JESUS!!! There's no COMPARISON, WHAT SO EVER!!

JESUS WAS A PERFECT HUMAN WHO WAS SENT HERE BY HIS FATHER JEHOVAH/GOD TO HELP MANKIND AND MJ WAS NOT PERFECT BUT A SINNER JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!!

JEHOVAH'S LOVE IS PURE!!!!

HumanNature

gimmeabreak

I HATE DEVIL WORSHIPERS!!!!

HumanNature

Slutty Whores Rock

There is NO HELL!!!

Please start reading the BIBLE!!!!